Muppet films coming to Blu-ray in UK

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Hi all, :smile:

I've just seen that on the 4th of August there's a Blu-Ray box set of Muppet films coming out in the UK. It contains:
  • Muppets Most Wanted
  • The Muppets (2011)
  • The Muppets Movie (1979) [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
  • The Great Muppet Caper [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
  • Muppet Treasure Island [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LA1ZVSE/?tag=muppetcentral

So, at the moment this box set is the only UK Blu-ray release of 4 muppet films, and an early release of Muppets Most Wanted!

I already own all of the USA Blu-rays, but I'll keep an eye on this release in case anythings better about it. I wonder if The Great Muppet Caper will be in it's own case?

Eyeball

Reaction score
Hi all, :smile:

I've just seen that on the 4th of August there's a Blu-Ray box set of Muppet films coming out in the UK. It contains:
  • Muppets Most Wanted
  • The Muppets (2011)
  • The Muppets Movie (1979) [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
  • The Great Muppet Caper [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
  • Muppet Treasure Island [New to Blu-ray in the UK]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LA1ZVSE/?tag=muppetcentral

So, at the moment this box set is the only UK Blu-ray release of 4 muppet films, and an early release of Muppets Most Wanted!

I already own all of the USA Blu-rays, but I'll keep an eye on this release in case anythings better about it. I wonder if The Great Muppet Caper will be in it's own case?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, pre ordered now, Though I'm gonna have to cancel my standalone MMW now...

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, pre ordered now, Though I'm gonna have to cancel my standalone MMW now...
When you get it, could you post a few photos to show us what it looks like?

Eyeball

Reaction score
Thanks! I'd like to see what covers they use.
I might disappoint you though I'm sorry to say, I've actually been wondering if there's actually any point in me getting this when. Own them all already on DVD, and it pains me to say this about anything muppets but I'm thinking that It could be a waste of money which I could use elsewhere.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I might disappoint you though I'm sorry to say, I've actually been wondering if there's actually any point in me getting this when. Own them all already on DVD, and it pains me to say this about anything muppets but I'm thinking that It could be a waste of money which I could use elsewhere.
Ya it probably is, but it'd be worth just getting GMC and MTI as separate blu-rays, but that's just me.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
and me :fanatic:

that's the main reason I will be buying it, simply so I can get a separate release of each film (if that is the case) and I will probably end up buying MMW as a single release too simply cause I doubt the boxset versions will be available with slipcovers. :smile::wink::big_grin:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
and me :fanatic:

that's the main reason I will be buying it, simply so I can get a separate release of each film (if that is the case) and I will probably end up buying MMW as a single release too simply cause I doubt the boxset versions will be available with slipcovers. :smile::wink::big_grin:
Me too!