Do you feel Welcome at Muppet Central?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is a question I have been asking myself of some of our newer, and younger members. One of the great things about being a fan of Jim Henson, and the Muppets is that they attract so many different kind of people. From all across the world men, women, boys, and girls of many different races, religions, and ages have joined this forum in hopes to join like minded Muppet/Henson fans. One reason people join is because sometimes when we share their love of all things Muppets to people who are not fans they get laughed at, mistreated or in some rare cases abused.

One of the underlining messages of the Muppets is acceptance. On The Muppet Show it did not matter if they where a frog, pig, bear, or even a whatever, they where at the very least giving a chance to show the world who they where, and what they could do. Kermit the frog accepted the faults and failures of not only his friends, but himself whenever he sung the song “It's Not Easy Being Green”

We here at Muppet Central should be able to feel the same way. Regardless of our age religion, or race we should feel welcome to be able to post on the forum, as long as we abide by simple rules that have been set in place for our own good.

It is very easy to label people, who we may not understand, or even know. Names such as weird, odd crazy, or even spammer have been used throughout the forum, and some folks have started to feel so unwelcome here at the forum that they feel they can not post on here because whatever they post will get made fun of, put down, or just deleted due to there past actions. I personally feel that there needs to be more tolerant respectful,and patient towards everyone. I also feel that this should go across the board from the oldest member, to the newest member.

So again I ask do you feel welcome here at Muppet Central, and if not what is it that we could do to help change that?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I would love for my friends to be able to post again!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Hmm... I used to feel very welcome at Muppet Central.. but, now I don't, because of one person I can't really say the name of. But, I totally agree with Dwayne. Some people are feeling very unwelcome on this forum, and they feel they can't post. I know many people like that, and I hope that we can try to prevent that from happening... because, I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I could not agree more. I'm thankful for those that made me feel welcome here. But when I first came back two years ago, it took a little time to establish some rapport. But sometimes friendships need some time to take root.

Try as you might, not just here, or any other website, but anywhere you go in this world- school, college, church, work, even at home- not EVERYBODY is going to be your friend, not EVERYBODY is going to like you, not EVERYBODY is going to support and agree with you 100% of the time. Not trying to bring anybody down or disillusion you, just trying to inject a little reality into the equation. And it may have nothing to do with you. It's just the way the world is. Some people you might want to be friends with may not want to be friends with you. Not for anything you might have done, that's just how it is.

Ther have been a few examples of people here who have deliberately gone to great lengths to be obnoxious, confrontational, immature, or unfriendly. Luckily those people a few and far between, and a few bad apples shoudn't ruin a good time for everybody.

The best you can be is yourself. Stay positive, keep an open mind and open heart, and you'll find enough people to welcome you here to make your visit worthwhile. It might take some effort on EVERYBODY'S part (mine too) but it could be well worth it.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is a question I have been asking myself of some of our newer, and younger members. One of the great things about being a fan of Jim Henson, and the Muppets is that they attract so many different kind of people. From all across the world men, women, boys, and girls of many different races, religions, and ages have joined this forum in hopes to join like minded Muppet/Henson fans. One reason people join is because sometimes when we share their love of all things Muppets to people who are not fans they get laughed at, mistreated or in some rare cases abused.

One of the underlining messages of the Muppets is acceptance. On The Muppet Show it did not matter if they where a frog, pig, bear, or even a whatever, they where at the very least giving a chance to show the world who they where, and what they could do. Kermit the frog accepted the faults and failures of not only his friends, but himself whenever he sung the song “It's Not Easy Being Green”

We here at Muppet Central should be able to feel the same way. Regardless of our age, religion, or race we should feel welcome to be able to post on the forum, as long as we abide by simple rules that have been set in place for our own good.

It is very easy to label people, who we may not understand, or even know. Names such as weird, odd crazy, or even spammer have been used throughout the forum, and some folks have started to feel so unwelcome here at the forum that they feel they can not post on here because whatever they post will get made fun of, put down, or just deleted due to there past actions. I personally feel that there needs to be more tolerant respectful,and patient towards everyone. I also feel that this should go across the board from the oldest member, to the newest member.

So again I ask do you feel welcome here at Muppet Central, and if not what is it that we could do to help change that?
And LGBT people, although twice left out of this greeting, are certainly welcome too. :wink:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I didn't feel awfully welcome my first month here (for reasons I won't name), but afterwards things got much better. I think the key to warming up here is to follow some people and just be kind.