Muppet films coming to Blu-ray in UK

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wait what!!! Sheesh it must be hard to be a muppet fan in the US lol, but we didn't get the nice box sets of TMS we got a basic box with 4 disc holders in it and the covers aren't as nice for example our season 2
Oh, but still that aside, I think its quite insane pricing TMM at $15 with no real bonus features is robbing! Do you have any links to muppet dvds on the UK amazon?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I find it quite horrid that they re-released Kermit's Swamp Years with this stock art.

I mrean, the movies ok, but the DVD cover, ugh.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Oh yeah those covers, yeah they're the re-releases from 2012, stores like homebase and British home stores had a whole series of muppet DVDs with those covers on them, I ended up getting MTM and MFS with a similar cover on them because I needed new ones, but yeah your right the KSY cover is the worst of the bunch not to mention it's not the right Kermit on the front too.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
not to mention it's not the right Kermit on the front too.
Yeah, that's just some cheap packaging. Looking at The Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space covers, can I yell at the marketing person who did that. That looks like it's the bootleg copy at a thrift store. Did it come with the original special features as the original release? I know what each has its :
MTM:
Muppetisms (Muppet shorts)
Jim Henson interview
MFS:
Commentary (It's called "Live", but it's pre-recorded)
Blooper Reel
Music Video
annnnndddd, you know this, but whatever.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wow so, using good old handy dandy Google, I'll compare the US prices to the UK ones (converted in $ and pounds)
US UK
TMM: $14.99 or 8.77 pounds $5.07 or 2.97 pounds Difference= a whooping nearly 5 pounds or a whooping over $10 price!

TMS S3: $20.48 or 12.28 pounds $13.75 or 8.05 pounds Difference= a whooping over 4 pounds or nearly $8

Really, before this I thought Disney's prices were the same in the US and the UK, but really they're really ripping us off!!

Eyeball

Reaction score
Wow so, using good old handy dandy Google, I'll compare the US prices to the UK ones (converted in $ and pounds)
US UK
TMM: $14.99 or 8.77 pounds $5.07 or 2.97 pounds Difference= a whooping nearly 5 pounds or a whooping over $10 price!

TMS S3: $20.48 or 12.28 pounds $13.75 or 8.05 pounds Difference= a whooping over 4 pounds or nearly $8

Really, before this I thought Disney's prices were the same in the US and the UK, but really they're really ripping us off!!
Whoa... Would it infact be cheaper to buy them from amazon UK and have them shipped over? Because as you said the prices are mental!

Eyeball

Reaction score
Yeah, that's just some cheap packaging. Looking at The Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space covers, can I yell at the marketing person who did that. That looks like it's the bootleg copy at a thrift store. Did it come with the original special features as the original release? I know what each has its :
MTM:
Muppetisms (Muppet shorts)
Jim Henson interview
MFS:
Commentary (It's called "Live", but it's pre-recorded)
Blooper Reel
Music Video
annnnndddd, you know this, but whatever.
Actually I quite liked the MFS and MTM covers lol, but they did come with most of the special features except MTM where muppetisims and the Jim interview are removed. But hey what can you expect for £3 right.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Actually I quite liked the MFS and MTM covers lol, but they did come with most of the special features except MTM where muppetisims and the Jim interview are removed. But hey what can you expect for £3 right.
Actually, that's only one dollar less than what you can buy it now in the US. Roughly, it's about $4