Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The whole thing is only two minutes long, Statler and Waldorf introduce the movie for just under one minute, then the Disney castle appears and when the movie finally starts they fast forward to the part where Statler and Waldorf say :boo: Die muppets :sleep: I guess they put the reviews up early. Then they fast forward to the end of the film and comment that it was still too long.

I wasn't really expecting anything different if I'm honest but when they began to introduce the film it sure seemed like they were going to comment through various parts of the film :sleep::boo:

Even though that one was disappointing the extended edition had so many new gags popping up throughout the movie that it really makes up for it.

:grr:
Oh, that's dumb, what's the point of that? Couldn't they have maybe skipped several scenes, but still commented on some scenes? Maybe it should have been a bonus feature, that'd be more satisfying.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Oh, that's dumb, what's the point of that? Couldn't they have maybe skipped several scenes, but still commented on some scenes? Maybe it should have been a bonus feature, that'd be more satisfying.
I agree, it was more of a marketing ploy than anything else if you ask me, I'm not saying the special feature was a waste but it certainly shouldn't have been listed alongside the original version and the extended edition. The Statler and Waldorf cut has been advertised as one of the main features, the back of the case mentions "Three Versions of the film - original, extended, Statler and Waldorf cut. Fans might have known what to expect yet we were still intrigued and a film collector might be persuaded to purchase the copy because it brings commentary and then it's not at all what is being advertised to us. It was a clever move but an unnecessary one because offering a 12 minute extended edition is in my opinion a stronger sale.

The funny thing is Disney must know that a Statler and Waldorf commentary is a strong sale so next time we might actually get some Muppet commentary. Throw all the Muppeteers in one room and have them comment on the movie in whatever voice they like, that would be very cool.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Today I received my Blu-ray copy of Muppets Most Wanted and thought I'd provide a little review for those of you interested :news:

The main menu features various Muppets appearing through a glass window into an interrogation room being observed by Sam the Eagle on the outside.

I was a little disappointed with the extra features as I had convinced myself there would be a few more surprises including the trailers with the internet comments but there are only the three special features previously mentioned. I'll give you what you want music video, bloopers and Rizzo's biggest fan and all three have already been leaked online fortunately for us the clip we saw for Rizzo Biggest Fan was not the full video, it's a little bit longer. This for me has to be one of the highlights of the disc, Rizzo claims he's been around since TMS days, back in 1979 :shifty: Rizzo sounds just like us, I'm so glad to know that Rizzo, meaning Steve Whitmire, meaning Muppet Crew, meaning Disney are aware of this :fanatic: We all know they know but it's great to have this sort of Muppet Fan confirmation lol I love this special feature.

I was so excited for the Statler & Waldorf cut of the movie, it was actually the first thing I watched and I must say it was the biggest disappointment of all. It starts of great with Statler and Waldorf introducing the movie, I couldn't believe I was going to hear Statler and Waldorf comment throughout the entire movie and then they go and fast forward from start to end and it finishes. :sleep::boo: Very disappointed.

On the plus side all these are extras and not only does the movie look fantastic in Blu-ray but the unnecessarily extended (by 12 minute) edition of the film is what makes this a great purchase. I'm going to comment on some of those extra scenes scattered throughout the film (not all of them though) but I'd advice you not to read it because the fun thing about watching the extended edition are the surprise scenes and jokes but for those interested I'll name a few.

We're Doing A Sequel is a little longer, Rowlf gets to say he's godfather 3 line, Lew gives an idea for a movie and there a really boring unnecessarily long dance routine with only humans and no Muppets in front of Egyptian scenery. There is also a beautiful full body Statler and Waldorf shot when they advice Kermit not to make a movie at all.

There is a fun scene where Scooter interrupts Constantine whilst he's practising karate and Constantine tosses scooter over his head. This is then followed by Dominic and Constantine having a discussion about being number one and number two in the toilets. I personally did not find this funny at all, not because it was toilet humour but rather because it's such a cheap joke and honestly it was not really funny.

There are two great scenes which they really should have left in the film and they both involve Kermit. Just before Fozzie tells Kermit "you were like James Bond back there" Kermit bumps into Dominic and pretends to be Constantine. In the Gulag when Kermit goes off on the prisoners for fighting like the Muppets Kermit actually continues shouting at them for a little longer and it's hilarious, really adds character to Kermit, they should have really left that scene in the movie.

During the interrogation song a few more Muppets get interrogated including Gonzo and Beaker.

Constantine proposal to miss piggy scene is a little longer and includes Camilla asking Gonzo when are they getting married and Gonzo replies "when I'm a millionaire... again".

Dr Teeth, Janice, Floyd, Link and a few others get extra dialogue and in one of them Janice sounds so completely wrong, does not sound like her at all and when Constentine claims the muppets are better off without Fozzie and Walter Link Hogthrob agrees with him and the Muppets quickly tell link he's wrong lol found that really funny.

When the Newsman announces Kermit and Miss Piggy's wedding he is then hit by a bull, very TMS style, whilst watching the movie the first time around all I could think was why does nothing happen to the newsman after he makes a report, they really should have left that in the final cut.

There are many more scenes although I was surprised that the scene where miss piggy claims Kermit has never been so loving and Rizzo replies "that's what we're saying" that didn't make it which really surprises me, sadly Rizzo part in the movie is what we've already scene luckily the special features make up for that.

So what songs got extended? You mentioned Were doing a sequel and the interagation song, but what about ill get you what you want

Also was that all the deleted scenes?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I agree, it was more of a marketing ploy than anything else if you ask me, I'm not saying the special feature was a waste but it certainly shouldn't have been listed alongside the original version and the extended edition. The Statler and Waldorf cut has been advertised as one of the main features, the back of the case mentions "Three Versions of the film - original, extended, Statler and Waldorf cut. Fans might have known what to expect yet we were still intrigued and a film collector might be persuaded to purchase the copy because it brings commentary and then it's not at all what is being advertised to us. It was a clever move but an unnecessary one because offering a 12 minute extended edition is in my opinion a stronger sale.

The funny thing is Disney must know that a Statler and Waldorf commentary is a strong sale so next time we might actually get some Muppet commentary. Throw all the Muppeteers in one room and have them comment on the movie in whatever voice they like, that would be very cool.
Actually, while many didn't, I expected to Blu-Ray to actually have a S&W commentary, what else would it be? Looks like Disney trolled me. I mean they really should have listed it as a special feature called maybe Statler and Waldorf's Review of MMW, that'd have been rather satisfying.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You guys are upset over nothing. "Statler and Waldorf Cut?" What would you expect from that? I expected nothing more than either the title card then cutting to the credits or fast forwarding through the whole thing, which is sounds like we got. Nothing about what that feature is called seems to entail anything more.

C'mon.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
So what songs got extended? You mentioned Were doing a sequel and the interagation song, but what about ill get you what you want

Also was that all the deleted scenes?
None of the other songs are extended :sing:

and there are many more deleted scenes, a lot more :wink:

FunnyBear

Reaction score
You guys are upset over nothing. "Statler and Waldorf Cut?" What would you expect from that? I expected nothing more than either the title card then cutting to the credits or fast forwarding through the whole thing, which is sounds like we got. Nothing about what that feature is called seems to entail anything more.

C'mon.
I thought they would of at least commented on like, 5 minutes of the movie and then fast forward it. Them commenting through the whole thing would of been stale after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.