Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I know I already Posted my Choice :smile: But I will say more :flirt:

,,We're doing a sequel"!A Great song :flirt: And how they all danced :sing:

:mad: :Oh Wow!My dream's comes true!A show in Berlin in the national theatre!I am a doughnut!
:sing: :What?You are a donut! Awesome!

Animal:Animal knows.
:smile: :Animal knows?You will say that Noone of all the Muppets apart from animal realized that I was here in the Gulag??
Fozzie:He Looks like you and he talks like you! Ok,he talks not like you... :wink:

The whole Madrid number and the whole Berlin number were so Great!!

:flirt: :What is that??
:smile: :That's a bomb!!!
:confused: Maybe my new convention Can Help us!The new attracting bomb suit!
:smile: : Piggy's Ring is the bomb!!
That makes me SMILE!! And i call Beaker now the Themse bomber of London :smile:

All my friends loved ,,something so right" and ,,I'll get you what you want"

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Saw it again! Here's a few things I noticed that I missed the first time - let me know if you saw these too!

When Domenic is explaining to the Muppets that Walter left, you hear someone (I think it's Lew Zealand) say, "You can leave the Muppets?!"

When the Muppet Newsman is talking about Kermit and Piggy getting married, the graphic in the top-left corner has a picture of a newspaper with the caption "SLOW NEWS WEEK: MUPPETS DOMINATE HEADLINES".

During the Interrogation song, when Jean and Sam are singing and talking about how the Muppets are too dumb to have committed a crime, you can see behind them through the glass into the interrogation room, and Fozzie is sitting there, intently flicking the light off and on - kind of illustrates their point! (I missed it the first time because I was focusing on the lyrics of the song).
I have the Muppets Most Wanted CD and I Heard that someone said:,,You can quit the Muppets??"I thought also it was Lew!:fishy: Really?I think I saw Fozzie trough the window (I don't remember)

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I was watching MMW yesterday for the third time and I must say that now that all the hype surrounding the movie has slowed down I've come to realise that this is not really a very good movie, I can very well understand why it did not perform well. I can sit down today and watch MTI or TGMC three times in a row and I'd still be entertained but when it comes to MMW I don't see myself viewing this film on a regular basis as I do with the others.

It's a very slow film, too slow and the more I think about it this is more of a tv episode plot than a movie plot. As a fan just seeing Rowlf and Scooter makes me happy but for those non-diehard fans did they really get anything special? I enjoyed seeing the Muppets but if I'm honest the movie isn't that funny, the plot isn't that captivating and Ricky Gervais' acting in this movie is just terrible but what really gets to me is how boring the film actually is. And can writers please stop writing Kermit as such a negative frog. Kermit: I didn't want to scare you guys but if we don't sell out the show it might mean the end of our world tour maybe even each other. Kermit stop giving up so easily.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the movie because I did but that is only because I am a Muppet fan had I not been one I doubt very much I would have watched the entire movie.

I know many will disagree with me but years later I still remember many standout scenes with the other Muppet movies, in a few years when I look back at MMW there is nothing that makes it stand out.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I hope my opinion of MMW doesn't change after watching it 50 more times on DVD. I doubt it would, right now it stands at #3 at my list just behind GMC and TMM, hope it doesn't fall. I loved the film, and I hope I continue to love it. Though it is depressing how much negative comments the film has gotten. One youtube commenter even stated that after a while MMW will be remembered as the MFS of the new era of the muppets.:eek:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I was watching MMW yesterday for the third time and I must say that now that all the hype surrounding the movie has slowed down I've come to realise that this is not really a very good movie, I can very well understand why it did not perform well. I can sit down today and watch MTI or TGMC three times in a row and I'd still be entertained but when it comes to MMW I don't see myself viewing this film on a regular basis as I do with the others.

It's a very slow film, too slow and the more I think about it this is more of a tv episode plot than a movie plot. As a fan just seeing Rowlf and Scooter makes me happy but for those non-diehard fans did they really get anything special? I enjoyed seeing the Muppets but if I'm honest the movie isn't that funny, the plot isn't that captivating and Ricky Gervais' acting in this movie is just terrible but what really gets to me is how boring the film actually is. And can writers please stop writing Kermit as such a negative frog. Kermit: I didn't want to scare you guys but if we don't sell out the show it might mean the end of our world tour maybe even each other. Kermit stop giving up so easily.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the movie because I did but that is only because I am a Muppet fan had I not been one I doubt very much I would have watched the entire movie.

I know many will disagree with me but years later I still remember many standout scenes with the other Muppet movies, in a few years when I look back at MMW there is nothing that makes it stand out.
Pinkflower7783 said:
That's interesting cause I refuse to ever buy MTI. Will strongly agree to disagree with your statement. :big_grin:
MMW is a little long on time, but aside from that there's nothing to complain about. Many people find MTI, GMC and MCC to drag in bits. Personally, I appreciate them all.

The criticism at Gervais is an indicator of a possible premeditated disdain for the picture. All the lead performances in the film were top-notch, including his. :attitude:

The movie is filled with iconic moments. :grr: I love the Big House number, Constantine steals every scene that he's in and the Muppets finally seem to be themselves again. I had an ear-to-ear grin every moment of the movie much like I did after seeing The Muppet Movie in the theater decades ago when I was a very little kid. MMW isn't perfect, but it has the classic Muppet magic.

Also, Kermit is a pragmatist. :smile: There's a point in many films where he loses faith and finds his way back. That's part of his personality. Sure, he's usually optimistic about things, but he's not some empty-headed cheerleader. I sometimes think modern auds have become lobotomized; that the marriage of silly and sophistication has become too much for them. Humor must either be crass or obvious in order to register and that saddens me. Subversive humor has been lost in the shuffle. :sympathy:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just don't understand why this film would receive any harsh criticism. It's Segel's that was quite a departure for the gang. Even so, I enjoyed that too. :flirt:

My revised ordered preference of Muppet films these days goes something like this:
The Muppet Movie
The Great Muppet Caper
The Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppets Most Wanted
The Muppets
Muppet Treasure Island
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppets From Space

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
MMW is a little long on time, but aside from that there's nothing to complain about. Many people find MTI, GMC and MCC to drag in bits. Personally, I appreciate them all.

The criticism at Gervais is an indicator of a possible premeditated disdain for the picture. All the lead performances in the film were top-notch, including his. :attitude:

The movie is filled with iconic moments. :grr: I love the Big House number, Constantine steals every scene that he's in and the Muppets finally seem to be themselves again. I had an ear-to-ear grin every moment of the movie much like I did after seeing The Muppet Movie in the theater decades ago when I was a very little kid. MMW isn't perfect, but it has the classic Muppet magic.

Also, Kermit is a pragmatist. :smile: There's a point in many films where he loses faith and finds his way back. That's part of his personality. Sure, he's usually optimistic about things, but he's not some empty-headed cheerleader. I sometimes think modern auds have become lobotomized; that the marriage of silly and sophistication has become too much for them. Humor must either be crass or obvious in order to register and that saddens me. Subversive humor has been lost in the shuffle. :sympathy:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just don't understand why this film would receive any harsh criticism. It's Segel's that was quite a departure for the gang. Even so, I enjoyed that too. :flirt:

My revised ordered preference of Muppet films these days goes something like this:
The Muppet Movie
The Great Muppet Caper
The Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppets Most Wanted
The Muppets
Muppet Treasure Island
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppets From Space
I definitely agree that it has the classic Muppet feel, I think that is what I most like about the movie. I actually think it has a more Muppety feel than The Muppets (2011) yet for some reason every time I watch The Muppets I just seem to like it more and more and MMW although a great movie I get board whilst watching it.

I'm not saying it's a bad movie at all but when I look at it from a non-fan point of view I can see how people would get tired of watching the film, not because they don't like it but just because it's a bit slow. There are so many obscure characters in the background and so many fan nuggets, this is a love letter to the fans but to the casual Muppet viewer I just don't see this movie being exciting enough.

And regarding Ricky Gervais I'm a huge fan for years, I love The Office (U.K) I grew up watching that and then moved on to the American Version and since then have always followed Ricky Gervais. He is crazy, he is loud, he is a Muppet himself so I do not understand why he looks so uncomfortable in all his scenes. If he's supposed to be acting like this uncomfortable henchmen then well done if not then I'm disappointed. Ricky Gervais is a great actor and comedian but he didn't bring his A game to this at all.

:news: My favourite to least favourite Muppet movies in order

1) The Great Muppet Caper
2) The Muppet Movie
3) The Muppets Take Manhattan
4) Muppet Treasure Island
5) The Muppets
6) Muppets Most Wanted
7) Muppets From Space
8) The Muppet Christmas Carol

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I definitely agree that it has the classic Muppet feel, I think that is what I most like about the movie. I actually think it has a more Muppety feel than The Muppets (2011) yet for some reason every time I watch The Muppets I just seem to like it more and more and MMW although a great movie I get board whilst watching it.

I'm not saying it's a bad movie at all but when I look at it from a non-fan point of view I can see how people would get tired of watching the film, not because they don't like it but just because it's a bit slow. There are so many obscure characters in the background and so many fan nuggets, this is a love letter to the fans but to the casual Muppet viewer I just don't see this movie being exciting enough.

And regarding Ricky Gervais I'm a huge fan for years, I love The Office (U.K) I grew up watching that and then moved on to the American Version and since then have always followed Ricky Gervais. He is crazy, he is loud, he is a Muppet himself so I do not understand why he looks so uncomfortable in all his scenes. If he's supposed to be acting like this uncomfortable henchmen then well done if not then I'm disappointed. Ricky Gervais is a great actor and comedian but he didn't bring his A game to this at all.

:news: My favourite to least favourite Muppet movies in order

1) The Great Muppet Caper
2) The Muppet Movie
3) The Muppets Take Manhattan
4) Muppet Treasure Island
5) The Muppets
6) Muppets Most Wanted
7) Muppets From Space
8) The Muppet Christmas Carol
That's cool. Your Muppet movie tastes are actually pretty darn close to mine. As for Ricky, I don't think the writers gave him enough to do. Tina either, for that matter. Burrell is the surprise here. He gives it his all with the very little he's given. I'd say the writing is about 80% back to the classic magic of the Jim era. Not all of the stars shined in his projects either. Gervais delivers all of his lines with a highly-skilled deadpan that works for the part. However, I much prefer him in interviews with Constantine. The pure joy just drips from those appearances.

That gets me back to the writing. I think the Muppets are on the right track, but it's time to bring Thatcher and the gang back to the franchise. Honestly, there were some writers in the post-Jim era that I didn't like. I'm not going to name them, but they were the ones responsible for a kiddification of the Muppets. It's okay with me if none of those individuals returned. But the good thing here is that they finally found the right tone.

My biggest problem with MMW (that I give 4 out of 5 stars) is their adding too many plot elements to it. They should have kept that simpler. Oh, and lets stop with the Kermit & Piggy wedding stuff. It's become tiresome and their dynamic is much more interesting than a ceremony. But those are minor gripes. I love this film. Saw it twice in the theaters and can't wait for the extended cut. It was a little long, but I'm ready to see the extra bits at my leisure in my home. :smile:

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Just got back from a late-night showing after 12 hours of teaching and here I am....

Cool :wink:

Let me do things I liked first--that will be better.
That's good :big_grin:

Walk near the deserted street near the canal? Kermit isn't really this dumb.
I thought the same....,,Really,Kermit?Near the canal and alone??Really!?!"

It pained me a great deal that nobody actually noticed that Kermit was gone. Much has been made over the fact that Kermit is the one who kept the Muppets together, and Piggy is the one who kept Kermit together but they seemed to have forgotten this. This also paints all of Kermit's friends and cast and crew members as amazingly self-absorbed and selfish. Didn't they all work their tails off to come when he needed them in the last movie? How can you love someone if you don't know them?
Yea!Especially the ones who are really intelligent(sorry,dumb creatures)like Dr.Bunsen and beaker.How can they not notice that Kermit is not Kermit??

One of the funniest moments for me was when Kermit enlists the help of ALL the Muppets to get the ring off Piggy's finger.
Oh yes!How they all take beaker in his attracting bomb suit and piggy! :eek: poor beaker :frown:

Ty Burrell, on the other hand, is absolutely AWESOME. Sam looked particularly wonderful, too--plushy and fluffy and handsome.

Yes,they are awesome!

Piggy's clothes were fab, but what on earth happened to her hair. Can you SERIOUSLY see Piggy getting married with dish-water blond hair? Her hair was bad in every scene except the scenes where she wore it down in platinum blond curls. The rest looked like mail-order wigs. Sorry, Piggy--fire your hairdresser. You do not--under any circumstances--need hair that restrained. You need wild riots of curls that vibrate with passion when you are angry.

Oh really?I didn't realize that...Bad Ami :stick_out_tongue:

Kermit was very warm with the prisoners who were trying to be in the show. Ironically, the REAL Kermit usually isn't that nice. On TMS, Kermit could be incredibly snarky, and he had no trouble nixing acts he thought were terrible--be they Piggy's, Scooter's, Fozzie's, Animal's or Lew's. While it was funny to have Kermit say, "If any of you have a problem with that, well--my door is always open!" Actually, Kermit would have told them all to shape up and audition. Also, about the "my door is always open" line....Um...no it's not. You're in prison, Sweet Pea.
Oh yea,Sweetie :smile: Many lew's or what? :fishy: What about Beaker's,Janice's....?

To me, one of the funniest lines in the movie was Constantine's "The bear, the leetle girl and the dog have run away" (meaning Fozzie, Walter and Animal) was one of the funniest things in the movie. I giggled like a mad fiend.

Walter is a girl,Walter is a girl!!!With a little dressie :big_grin:

Like Slackbot, I, too, wondered why Piggy didn't kick Celine Dion out of HER song--at one point, there are TWO of Celine singing. Why? Why, exactly? Piggy's introspection was good, but perhaps too little, too late.

That's my song,Celine!Hiii-yaaa!

I wanted Kermit to spoil the wedding.

Lol yes :wink: But then everything comes different...:eek:

Hope I've not spoiled any of the fun for any one--I tried really hard to be both honest and fair.

You was really fair,thanks!