What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
My least favorite muppet film, in my opinion, is MWoO, because of how they changed the story of the wizard of oz for the worse, how they added so many innuendo jokes, and the script just wasn't like a muppet movie, it felt much more like Family Guy.
MWoO was trying too hard to be VMX and it failed at it. VMX's pop culture heavy, adult humor oriented style worked because... well, Family Guy. Yeah, no one was sick of that yet, long story short. And those horrid parody movies. People still liked them. When MWoO did the same thing, it was clumsy, tired, and completely unfocused.

I might not agree with Squidman, the issue is they aren't saying any legitimate reason for the movie being "bad." GMC has its flaws, no doubt (*cough*Piggy's Fantasy*cough*), but they barely gave a reason for calling it the worst.
Exactly. What makes something a discussion is discussing things. Not to mention that while people have a right to their opinions, so do others.

But between you and me, disliking a movie because a couple extra characters aren't waving their arms around in a scene is kinda petty.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
For those of you who didn't know this, Frank Oz's least favorite film is the 2011 reboot of the Muppets. He was quoted as saying it didn't quite feel the same as the ones in the 70's, the 80's, and the 90's. Here's to hoping he'll enjoy what Muppets Most Wanted has to offer...
Where's your proof? Also, if he didn't like TM, he'll either love MMW or hate it even more than TM.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Where's your proof? Also, if he didn't like TM, he'll either love MMW or hate it even more than TM.
He didn't say he disliked it, and he felt that the project was too safe and didn't take any risks. I can't imagine he liked MFS any better, especially considering the almost flat performance of his characters (mostly through looped dialogue). Older performers reportedly didn't like working on it, while the younger group was glad they got a chance to do a movie.

AKaun6899

Reaction score
In my opinion, my least favorite would be KSY (I haven't seen MWoO yet). I'll be honest, I really did like KSY when I was younger, and to its credit, the Henson references are a nice touch, especially that one scene with the young Henson himself, and that song that plays during the running-'round-the-school montage, "Complicated," is catchy, though dated. But the last time I tried to watch it, I found it too childish.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
He didn't say he disliked it, and he felt that the project was too safe and didn't take any risks. I can't imagine he liked MFS any better, especially considering the almost flat performance of his characters (mostly through looped dialogue). Older performers reportedly didn't like working on it, while the younger group was glad they got a chance to do a movie.
Well, I mean he can't really hate MFS when one of the reasons it wasn't as good as a film was because he wasn't very well involved in it, and Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal didn't exactly have cameos in the film.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I really wish people here could learn to have some modicum of respect for other people's opinions. Provided they aren't just being flat-out rude or hostile, people should be allowed to express opinions, even, no, ESPECIALLY those most others might not share.
Yes, but it's a two way street. If people want the right to express their opinions, than others have the right to disagree and express why they disagree with their opinions and maybe even get them to change their mind a bit. As you said provided they aren't being flat out rude or hostile, which judging from what I've read, no one has been.

With all due respect to Mad Monty fan, saying he didn't like LtS, which in all honestly he actually was confused with IAVMMCM, just because characters who are usually small background characters such as Pops having small roles, is a bit of a silly reason to not like the movie. Like DrTooth did point out, if that's the case, he must of not liked any Muppet movies, since not all Muppets are going to get big parts, especially there being so many.

I once heard someone say the didn't like The Muppets (2011) simply because there was no cameo from a Sesame Street Muppet. Again, yes people are entitled to their opinion, but REALLY???:confused::confused::confused: You're going to hate the WHOLE Muppets movie simply because it didn't feature a 10 second cameo from Big Bird or Elmo.

To me it's like if I had a buddy who was dating a nice fairly beautiful woman and he dumped her ONLY because of something silly and a bit petty like she had a pimple on her armpit or something,:rolleyes:. We're all huge Muppets fans here so of course if you're going to posted something like I didn't like this film because...well than you listed fairly small reasons, chances are people here on a FAN FOURM are going to have a rebuttal. Again, with all due respect, if you want the right to express your opinion, than you have to respect the right for others to rebuttal and if you can't except that, than again with all the respect, maybe it's best you don't post on open forums. As the saying goes, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I once heard someone say the didn't like The Muppets (2011) simply because there was no cameo from a Sesame Street Muppet. Again, yes people are entitled to their opinion, but REALLY???:confused::confused::confused: You're going to hate the WHOLE Muppets movie simply because it didn't feature a 10 second cameo from Big Bird or Elmo.
Pretty petty considering there hasn't been a Sesame Street cameo since MTM (unless you count the door in a jar from MFS, I don't), not to mention the fact that they actually tried to get one in there. Closest we've got, and closest we'll ever get is Constantine watching Kermit the Frog as a reporter on Sesame Street.

Now, to be almost hypocritical, I hate the fact MFS didn't have Uncle Matt in it. Not because it didn't but because it was supposed to and the no talent director forcefully pulled it out. But that's among the problems the film had because of Tim Hill (outside of Spongebob, his magnum opus was the first Chipmunks movie), but it really screams "forcefully lost opportunity."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, but it's a two way street. If people want the right to express their opinions, than others have the right to disagree and express why they disagree with their opinions and maybe even get them to change their mind a bit. As you said provided they aren't being flat out rude or hostile, which judging from what I've read, no one has been.
I wouldn't say no one has been rude here towards people who don't like movies. But certainly this board is ten times more civil than most boards I've been to. IMDB is a disaster zone, lol.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I noticed a goof in Muppets Most Wanted:
-Even though Calico, Black Dog, and Blind Pew assisted Walter, Animal, Fozzie, and Kermit in breaking out, they are seen jumping through the hole with them, but are later seen back at the gulag for the finale.
Perhaps Nadya caught up with them and brought them back to the gulag where they belong?