MTM and MFS Double Feature DVD "Insane Deal"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
While usually MFS and MTM are found on individually released DVDs at stores for a typical and cheap price of $5. Though, when I went to Target yesterday I found this and it was ONLY $5

It's the same 2 DVDs from the individual releases, but in one DVD set. In my opinion two muppet movies for $5 in stores is insanity! You'd usually pay a reasonable $10 for this double feature DVD. I mean you have to pay $14.99 for TM or TMM on DVD, and even KSY at Target was $5! Is Sony just desperate for an extra buck with such low low prices! Also, it was no sale, this was a permanent price! Is this just because these two films don't sell well?

Eyeball

Reaction score
Sheesh... Now that is insane, I haven't a clue why Sony lowered the price that much as you said maybe they aren't selling well and they need extra cash or maybe they just have surplus of all these discs and this double pack is the easiest way to clear them?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sheesh... Now that is insane, I haven't a clue why Sony lowered the price that much as you said maybe they aren't selling well and they need extra cash or maybe they just have surplus of all these discs and this double pack is the easiest way to clear them?
The prices are MORE THAN INSANE! I mean even at thrift stores, two movies on DVD would cost you $6+tax, and those are second-hand items! Usually, Target would have MTM and MFS seperately for $5, but this is just plain crazy. Granted these aren't new releases, and not something Sony's going to market at all anymore. I might buy it, because I got some spare $5, because maybe MFS will be in widescreen, I assume that there are two seperate discs inside, and there's nothing different about them, though I already have MFS which I bought for the same price, so what's the point of re-buying it? Even if I did buy it I'd end up buying MTM seperately as well, because I'd like to physically have individual DVDs for individual films.

Eyeball

Reaction score
The prices are MORE THAN INSANE! I mean even at thrift stores, two movies on DVD would cost you $6+tax, and those are second-hand items! Usually, Target would have MTM and MFS seperately for $5, but this is just plain crazy. Granted these aren't new releases, and not something Sony's going to market at all anymore. I might buy it, because I got some spare $5, because maybe MFS will be in widescreen, I assume that there are two seperate discs inside, and there's nothing different about them, though I already have MFS which I bought for the same price, so what's the point of re-buying it? Even if I did buy it I'd end up buying MTM seperately as well, because I'd like to physically have individual DVDs for individual films.
Yeah I'd probably advise you not to buy it, I personally hate having a double of the same DVD for some reason, just get MTM separately because as you said it's probably going to just be the same disc anyways.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah I'd probably advise you not to buy it, I personally hate having a double of the same DVD for some reason, just get MTM separately because as you said it's probably going to just be the same disc anyways.
Ya, that's true, but it still irks me that Target probably won't sell MTM seperately anymore, so I have to go to like Food4Less of Ralphs or someplace, and cough up $5.89 + tax. Oh well, it's better than buying it online with all that shipping and handling.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Ya, that's true, but it still irks me that Target probably won't sell MTM seperately anymore, so I have to go to like Food4Less of Ralphs or someplace, and cough up $5.89 + tax. Oh well, it's better than buying it online with all that shipping and handling.
Yeah your better off with that, though 5.89 is still a bit off for my liking, it must ikr you that target don't sell it anymore? Maybe you could ask if they have it in the back or so? Cos you never know they sometimes have some old products in the stock rooms.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah your better off with that, though 5.89 is still a bit off for my liking, it must ikr you that target don't sell it anymore? Maybe you could ask if they have it in the back or so? Cos you never know they sometimes have some old products in the stock rooms.
Thanks for the tip, I should have done that the one time I actually had money to spare, but I could only find MFS, so I bought that instead. Then every other time I went to Target with no money to spare, MTM lay rotting away on the shelves :ouch::crazy:! Next time I go, I'll certainly ask someone if they have MTM in the back, it's still the only muppet film I don't own besides MWoO and TM'11.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I should have done that the one time I actually had money to spare, but I could only find MFS, so I bought that instead. Then every other time I went to Target with no money to spare, MTM lay rotting away on the shelves :ouch::crazy:! Next time I go, I'll certainly ask someone if they have MTM in the back, it's still the only muppet film I don't own besides MWoO and TM'11.
It's no problem mon Amie, a lot of people don't do it but it gets results lol, and I know the feeling of somthing being their at at exactly the wrong time, blame the external forces ha, As we discussed in a another topic the DVD prices seem absolutely extreme where you are, TM'11 is like $7 dollars here.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
While usually MFS and MTM are found on individually released DVDs at stores for a typical and cheap price of $5. Though, when I went to Target yesterday I found this and it was ONLY $5

It's the same 2 DVDs from the individual releases, but in one DVD set. In my opinion two muppet movies for $5 in stores is insanity! You'd usually pay a reasonable $10 for this double feature DVD. I mean you have to pay $14.99 for TM or TMM on DVD, and even KSY at Target was $5! Is Sony just desperate for an extra buck with such low low prices! Also, it was no sale, this was a permanent price! Is this just because these two films don't sell well?
I know! I went to Target yesterday and saw this! I want MFS, but I'm goning to wait until I see the regular DVD.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
does anyone know if all of the muppet movies that are on dvd are un edited ?