"Disney Drive On" possible new web series?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I agree that it's a nice series so far. :smile:

I just that there weren't so many pessimists out there trying to ruin it, like some of the people at the ToughPigs forum and stupid articles like this: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...d-what-this-means-for-the-characters-20140804. :grouchy:
Ya' see, where you're wrong is that the people over at the TP forum are realistic about these things. Believe it or not, the Muppets are capable of producing less-than-quality material.

Did you know we're not allowed to like each and everything the Muppets put out? The sooner you realize that, the better an argument you can make.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Ya' see, where you're wrong is that the people over at the TP forum are realistic about these things. Believe it or not, the Muppets are capable of producing less-than-quality material.

Did you know we're not allowed to like each and everything the Muppets put out? The sooner you realize that, the better an argument you can make.
Don't mistake pessimism for realism. And the things said in the stuff I mentioned ARE pessimism and NOT realism! :mad:

Muppet Master

Reaction score

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That's one of the DUMBEST articles, I've ever seen, why, half of this is a lie!
Not really a lie, so much as not completely well-researched.

The Frank Oz deal is a common mistake among not-so-hardcore Muppet fans. Frank leaving the Muppets didn't really get a lot of people's attention until the TM11 came around (because it actually caught the media's attention). Prior to that, only us obsessed Muppet fans knew about Frank retiring.

Either way, it would have been nice if the author had done all of his homework, but whatareyougonnado?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The truth is: Disney is rethinking their plan for the Muppets. This all comes down to bean counting.

I won't defend the negative nellies (like Disney fanatic and novice reporter Jim Hill) who seem to hate everything about the Muppets post 1990. But the future for the Muppets is unclear.

I wouldn't have gone with film right off the bat. I wouldn't have gone with a Lady Gaga special where the Muppets are guest stars.

I'm going to be very specific.

I would have gone with a summer series of specials with the Muppets just being the Muppets, singing and dancing with current superstars. "ABC's Muppet Show On Tour!" 6 episodes ranging from thirty minutes to an hour. There's no huge overhead for effects or sets. Just The Muppets out on the road meeting famous singers and actors, interacting and performing with them without the post production magic. Spontaneity and anarchy of the fuzzy variety.

Give auds a reason to care about a Muppet movie plot before putting down a chunk of money at the box office. American auds tend to wait for video unless they're given a compelling reason. MMW didn't seem to do that for them no matter how good it was (and it was excellent!). Maybe Disney Drive On will.

At least, I hope so. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The only problem I find with these is that the Muppets have been trying to get the classic core like Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Rowlf, Scooter, and the band out in the spot light. With these Walter is really the only one in the main spotlight.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The only problem I find with these is that the Muppets have been trying to get the classic core like Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Rowlf, Scooter, and the band out in the spot light. With these Walter is really the only one in the main spotlight.
That's the one reason that this show is something I love and not overly obsessing over. Hopefully, some of those guys will at least cameo in the next few episodes, but for now all we had was a brief Kermit cameo, but these are just small amusing web shorts, not a big prime-time variety muppet show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's so many characters they can do things with, I don't mind letting some of the ones who aren't the big stars getting a chance at the spotlight. Notice how great those Toyota ads and videos were without having any Piggy, Fozzie and basically no Kermit.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
There's so many characters they can do things with, I don't mind letting some of the ones who aren't the big stars getting a chance at the spotlight. Notice how great those Toyota ads and videos were without having any Piggy, Fozzie and basically no Kermit.
I agree. They should really have more obscure characters in this, such as The Electric Mayhem ( they're making a comeback!) and other characters that staged a comeback in the Toyota ads.