The one thing on the internet I can no longer stand...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, I know what you are talking about! Scratchpad Wiki, that website with awful fan-made crossovers and mash-ups almost as bad as Pooh's Adventures such as CartoonTales, Kids' Clubhouse, Strawberry, Alvin and The Great Escape, Disney's House of Kids, and the infamous Throws A Tantrum series.
Yeah. That stuff can stay in it's own little corner of suck. But when it starts oozing out to serious information wikipedias, that's no bueno. I get the whole obsessiveness about crossing over characters that aren't interesting or clever together to the point where I actually want them to kill fair use. But to be that lazy to just throw things up on a wikipedia and not even bother writing a crappy fan fic on deviant art... and NO ONE likes them. No one does.

And I still don't get the obsession with preschool media (coming from an adult Sesame Street fan). Especially with decidedly non-preschool characters.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Yeah. That stuff can stay in it's own little corner of suck. But when it starts oozing out to serious information wikipedias, that's no bueno. I get the whole obsessiveness about crossing over characters that aren't interesting or clever together to the point where I actually want them to kill fair use. But to be that lazy to just throw things up on a wikipedia and not even bother writing a crappy fan fic on deviant art... and NO ONE likes them. No one does.

And I still don't get the obsession with preschool media (coming from an adult Sesame Street fan). Especially with decidedly non-preschool characters.
Most of the people who do this claim to have autism. Children with autism tend to like stuff a little bit too young for their age. This article pretty much sums it up. But some of the fans who do this find some pre-school shows entertaining for people of all ages. For example, the show Sofia The First is well-written for a preschool audience and doesn't talk down to viewers. In fact, Spain airs it on the normal Disney Channel right after Shake It Up and Violetta! Another show, Magic Adventures of Mumfie, created by the same person as the Thomas TV series, is intended towards pre-schoolers, but has the writing of a show aimed at elementary schoolers. Not to mention, some plots can confuse or scare children, and there are jokes that would go over kids heads. Take this piece of dialogue from Mumfie's Quest where Whale explains why he can't get any passengers and see if you get the joke.
Whale: It's good to have company! In fact, you are my first passengers! Did you see my notice in the newspaper?
Mumfie: No, why? What did it say?
Whale: It said, "Come inside for a whale of a time. You'll never leave!"
Mumfie: Is that all you said?
Whale: Yes. I can't understand why no one replied.
Scarecrow: I can.
The same joke is repeated throughout the series with the phrase "Come inside", where Scarecrow keeps refusing to come with whoever asked him to and mistaking what they said for-well, you know.
As I said earlier, a few people I know told me Wikipedia is not reliable. For example, a teacher in eighth grade told us not to use Wikipedia for our projects due to the facts not being 100% accurate. A fansite for the movie Song Of The South told people not to believe Wikipedia edits stating that the movie would soon come out on DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obsessing over preschool programming is one thing, but obsessing that not preschool programming (Angry Beavers is very not preschool, neither is Super Mario Bros Super Show) being preschool. That's just weird, right there.

I mean, if they're going to make up dopey stories about lost episodes of something that doesn't exist, at least make the stories believable.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This reminds me of a long time ago, I think a decade and a half, I saw some voice chasers website listing Muppet productions, and it actually listed a number of fake productions, like "The Muppets Celebrate Richard Hunt" and, I think, a live-action Muppet Babies series (it listed one episode as "Beanbo", which was a skit on The Jim Henson Hour. At the time I saw that henson.com had that clip online but wasnt sure what it was from and thought maybe it was true). Can't remember what other false Muppet productions were listed there.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Ah, yes. The "Tantrum" stories. The ones that are similar to the "Gets Grounded" Go!Animate videos on YouTube. This one in particular is a real gem: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Larry_Throws_a_Tantrum

In this one, Larry the Cucumber from VeggieTales throws a whiny temper tantrum over his parents not buying him a Sesame Street VHS tape, and gets grounded to his bedroom. Later on, he throws ANOTHER tantrum over a Sonic the Hedgehog plush. He gets locked up again, but Bob the Tomato randomly shows up and tells Larry's parents to stop punishing him so much. Even after Larry threw 2 huge tantrums and got grounded twice, his parents still gave him the video and the plush like nothing happened. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

What kind of lesson would this teach kids if it were a real episode? That you'll get what you want if you cry and beg and throw a fit? I thought VeggieTales was all about making the right decisions, doing what God tells you to, and all that.

Not only is the lesson horrid, but everyone is SO out of character. For instance, Larry can act pretty goofy, but he would never throw such a childish temper tantrum. Normally, if told he can't get a certain toy/movie/etc. he would be like "Oh, that’s OK. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas" but in this story, he's like "WAAAAAAAHHH I WANT IT NOOOOOWWWW" like Veruca Salt.

"You thought tantrums disgusting, ugly, and inapropriate, but they are calming, emotional, beautiful, appropriate, charming, and okay."
REALLY? WTH are the people who write these "stories" thinking?

This is a TERRIBLE story (if you could even call it that) and would NEVER become a real episode on TV. But then again, there are tons, and I mean TONS of Tantrum stories on Scratchpad Wiki, and I'm sure there are even worse ones than this one.

Also, I agree with Drtooth, it's pretty pathetic when people make up fake episodes of TV shows and put them on Wikipedia, as if they're real. I remember a while ago, when the show Kick Buttowski was still airing, someone kept editing the show's "List of episodes" page and writing about a fake episode called "Kendall's Goldfish". I kinda fell for it at first, but then I realized that it was fake. I can excuse this kind of stuff being on Scratchpad Wiki, because that site is pretty much made for fake episode ideas. But when they make their way onto Wikipedia and trick people into thinking they're real, then it's just plain stupid.

Oh BTW, here's another "classic" story just because: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/BJ_Screams

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My 12-year-old self is guilty of doing that with Foster's Home for Imaginary friends wayyyyy back in 2005 when tvtome launched into tv.com (I was a major troll back in the day). Now the site is pretty much dead.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
My 12-year-old self is guilty of doing that with Foster's Home for Imaginary friends wayyyyy back in 2005 when tvtome launched into tv.com (I was a major troll back in the day). Now the site is pretty much dead.
Do you still have the story, I kind of want to read it?