Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's something I kind of want to know, kind of want to be surprised about, but unsure if I really want to be surprised or not.... But does this have the rumored* scene where Lips gets a line (maybe you could answer this one in "spoilers")?

*the fact that Lips has a line isn't really the rumor, because Dave Goelz mentioned he had a big line in something produced winter 2013/2014... But he didn't specifically say it was for Muppets Most Wanted. We don't know of anything else that was produced then, but then again, Disney Drive On was produced two years ago and none of us knew anything about it until a day before the first episode was online, when we saw a few preview clips. Maybe the Lips thing was for something like that? Man, if that doesn't appear in the extended edition, then until we find out what it was actually for, "Lips having a line in Muppets Most Wanted" might become the new "Clifford makes a cameo in The Muppets".

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There's something I kind of want to know, kind of want to be surprised about, but unsure if I really want to be surprised or not.... But does this have the rumored* scene where Lips gets a line (maybe you could answer this one in "spoilers")?

*the fact that Lips has a line isn't really the rumor, because Dave Goelz mentioned he had a big line in something produced winter 2013/2014... But he didn't specifically say it was for Muppets Most Wanted. We don't know of anything else that was produced then, but then again, Disney Drive On was produced two years ago and none of us knew anything about it until a day before the first episode was online, when we saw a few preview clips. Maybe the Lips thing was for something like that? Man, if that doesn't appear in the extended edition, then until we find out what it was actually for, "Lips having a line in Muppets Most Wanted" might become the new "Clifford makes a cameo in The Muppets".
It really is annoying to me that so many lost/forgotten secondary or minor characters are brought back, BUT WITH NOTHING TO DO! What's the point of making muppet fans hyper to see that Louis Gold and Annie Sue are back just to have her stand in the background? What's the point of Wayne and Wanda returning only for them to make out in one scene and be forgotten the rest of the film. If there's going to be SO MUCH hype about lost or forgotten characters then AT LEAST give them a 1-2 minute scene, come on. Annie Sue could have had a quick scene singing some song in the world tour in MMW, only to be taken off stage by Miss Piggy and a hook, and Wayne and Wanda could have done one of their old sketches like on TMS, like maybe thirty seconds long, if that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It really is annoying to me that so many lost/forgotten secondary or minor characters are brought back, BUT WITH NOTHING TO DO! What's the point of making muppet fans hyper to see that Louis Gold and Annie Sue are back just to have her stand in the background?
I wonder if they did plan something that was cut from the script before the finished version. The Muppets Character Encyclopedia mentions that she returned for Muppets Most Wanted, and Craig Shemin did work from a draft of the script. I know that they made a little big deal out of it in a few interviews, but would he have mentioned it on her page if she didn't really do anything of note (well, the book also mentions that Beautiful Day Monster returned for The Muppets, and he barely had anything to do, either... Mainly just sing a brief "someone..." part of the closing song)?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It really is annoying to me that so many lost/forgotten secondary or minor characters are brought back, BUT WITH NOTHING TO DO! What's the point of making muppet fans hyper to see that Louis Gold and Annie Sue are back just to have her stand in the background? What's the point of Wayne and Wanda returning only for them to make out in one scene and be forgotten the rest of the film. If there's going to be SO MUCH hype about lost or forgotten characters then AT LEAST give them a 1-2 minute scene, come on. Annie Sue could have had a quick scene singing some song in the world tour in MMW, only to be taken off stage by Miss Piggy and a hook, and Wayne and Wanda could have done one of their old sketches like on TMS, like maybe thirty seconds long, if that.
I have a feeling that whatever Annie Sue had was cut for time (the movie's almost two hours long, "extended" cut excluded).

And sure, it'd be nice to have Wayna/Wanda, or Droop or Beautiful Day Monster say something in the movie, but what would be the point? They shouldn't do something for the sake of doing something. Whatever the characters do has to be relevant to the plot. Sure, they spent the time and money rebuilding these guys do fill crowd scenes, but who cares? They're there for our sake, the fans. The general public doesn't care who Wayne and Wanda are and the movies wouldn't change that even if they did something more significant than make out. They're there for us to go "OMG! WAYNE AND WANDA ARE IN A MUPPET MOVIE IN THE 21ST CENTURY!"

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
**Spoilers**

So from what I have read and gathered from others
The full sequale song, interagation song, and cockatoo in Malbu songs are complete like the soundtrack.

The introduction of the old train along with fozzies dinning cart comment are included.

There are more scenes of Consantaine karate chopping with scooter, the Dominic and Consantine toilet gag, Danny treo's joke with Wocka wocka, more of kermit yelling at the prisons, Nanda explaining to kermit who Constantine is, a gag with Gonzo after constanine proposes to Piggy, with more explanation to Dominic why he's proposing. More It is!! More Gonzo, Bunsen, Beauregard, Janice, Link and Christoph Waltz. I read that Beaker included in the interagation among everything on the sound track (like gonzo and Camilla) hopefully Constantine and miss Piggy's extra lines are in that song as well. The newsman gets hit by Gonzo's indoor running of bulls after announcing the kermit and piggy wedding (perfect!)

What's NOT included and very sad to say is scooters longer moves like Jagger song with the penguins. also the shots of jean returing and helping Sam join the muppet ladder is not there. Nore is the muppet show theme with the muppet monsters like Thog and Sweetums is not included. I don't know about any other cameos included. But there could and should be a few other things

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Thanks again for breaking our balls once again Disney by excluding pretty much all of the bonus features from the DVD edition to the Bluray edition.
I know! Other companies at least give DVDs something more than one lousy music video. Maybe they could have had "Rizzo's Biggest Fan" as well on the DVD, that would have evened it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.