Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Archy! Nomnomnom.

No, not Gosalyn. Wrong country. Sage is standing there, holding Poncle piggyback, and Poncle is bonelessly asleep. Janken is standing by them, a kinda chilled-out blank expression on his face, a large leaf on his head.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've been able to draw anything fun. I've been buried alive under two projects that have taken so much of my life that I haven't been able to even think of making another puppet since the end of August! But recently a long meeting gave me the opportunity to do some ballpont doodling...

Gibble Doodle Dump: A lot of randomness here. If you recognize what's going on in the lower left quarter, you'll see who one of the main inspirations for Poncle's personality is.
Nice sketches you got there!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like to see Cantus doing his part to beautify Fraggle Rock with his music, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Glad you like.

When I was drawing the pic of Sage, Poncle, and Janken at the lower left I was thinking of the bus stop scene in My Neighbor Totoro...

It's a lovely movie, and though (or maybe because) it draws on Japanese religion and folklore I think it has a lot of Fraggly spirit. And Mei, the younger sister, is Poncle in human form.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow. It's been a long time since I've drawn anything. A long time. More on that later, when I feel ready to talk about it. *sigh*

Anyway! Recently an artist on DeviantArt I like, ggolddduck, opened up to commissions. I likes her art, and her rates are reasonable, so I asked her if she'd draw Muppets. The answer was an enthusiastic yes. I gave her a very general idea, an affectionate picture with Scooter & Janken, and some background on the characters. I told her I wanted to see 'em in her style rather than painstakingly on model. This is the picture she drew me:

(Please note: this is an upload to my DA sta.sh, and will likely be taken down once she uploads the pic to her gallery, where people can post comments for her. So, if you should see a broken image above, just scroll down and you'll find my repost.)

Anyhow, I just love this picture! It's so sweet and, well, snuggly. D'awwww.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's cool to see Janken drawn in another style, and the picture is really sweet. Thanks for posting!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Wow. It's been a long time since I've drawn anything. A long time. More on that later, when I feel ready to talk about it. *sigh*

Anyway! Recently an artist on DeviantArt I like, ggolddduck, opened up to commissions. I likes her art, and her rates are reasonable, so I asked her if she'd draw Muppets. The answer was an enthusiastic yes. I gave her a very general idea, an affectionate picture with Scooter & Janken, and some background on the characters. I told her I wanted to see 'em in her style rather than painstakingly on model. This is the picture she drew me:

(Please note: this is an upload to my DA sta.sh, and will likely be taken down once she uploads the pic to her gallery, where people can post comments for her. So, if you should see a broken image above, just scroll down and you'll find my repost.)

Anyhow, I just love this picture! It's so sweet and, well, snuggly. D'awwww.
Aaaww… :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score

A thing I drawed. Mostly random, pass-the-time doodles, but there is some fanfic and character design stuff too.

I have actually done some real, non-doodle art lately, but it's for an Oz publication, so I haven't shown it here. When it's published I'll upload it to my DA gallery.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Awww, poor Janken, he looks so sad. Hope Scooter can help him out.

Thanks for sharing these sketches.