Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not all of the stars shined in his projects either. Gervais delivers all of his lines with a highly-skilled deadpan that works for the part. However, I much prefer him in interviews with Constantine. The pure joy just drips from those appearances.
Yeah, and to be fair, the writers gave Constantine all the good lines in the duo. Ricky was good as the ever suffering sidekick, but even his brand of sincere sliminess just doesn't compare with a character like Constantine stealing the scene in every scene he was in. Stole the whole movie for me.

My biggest problem with MMW (that I give 4 out of 5 stars) is their adding too many plot elements to it. They should have kept that simpler. Oh, and lets stop with the Kermit & Piggy wedding stuff. It's become tiresome and their dynamic is much more interesting than a ceremony. But those are minor gripes. I love this film. Saw it twice in the theaters and can't wait for the extended cut. It was a little long, but I'm ready to see the extra bits at my leisure in my home. :smile:
The movie was pretty ambitious and had a too many things going at once, but I feel overall it wasn't as disjointed and rushed as The Muppets was. Some things did feel a little whittled down, but nothing as egregious as chopping off plot points or running the story's ending past the credits. I like how when they had The Muppet Show in MMW you just got a taste of the skits. Don't get me wrong, I loved Cluck You and Smells like Teen Spirit, but they pretty much stop the flow of the story dead cold right there. There are sequences I feel should have had more too them and more main Muppet characters in it, but that I can overlook. Where as The Muppets had like a good 2 or 3 movie's worth of material squeezed into 90 minutes. You totally could have taken all the footage shot and made a 3 hour epic out of it.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I've just been wondering something:
Since Constantine has his name on his cell, do the other inmates Blind Pew, One-Eyed Jack, Carl, Spotted Dick, Calico, Miss Poogy, Blue Frackle, JG, Green Frackle, Walleye Pike, and Black Dog have names on their cells with their pictures and their cell numbers? I would of have included Angel Marie, but since he's the chef for the gulag, that would make no sense if the gulag's only chef was locked up all the time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've just been wondering something:
Since Constantine has his name on his cell, do the other inmates Blind Pew, One-Eyed Jack, Carl, Spotted Dick, Calico, Miss Poogy, Blue Frackle, JG, Green Frackle, Walleye Pike, and Black Dog have names on their cells with their pictures and their cell numbers? I would of have included Angel Marie, but since he's the chef for the gulag, that would make no sense if the gulag's only chef was locked up all the time.
No. Because Constantine is in a higher security cell than the rest. He's an international thief; they're all smaller criminals.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Look what I just found on YouTube! A man proposing to his girlfriend, and wait 'til you see what song he uses to help this happen!

This was lovely and took a lot of effort. It was obvious that they love some of the same things, and that he valued what she valued. Best wishes for many happy, muppety years together!

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I just thought of this, and i'm sure you'll notice this too, but Constantine is like the Dr. Evil of the Muppets.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, wasn't Uncle Deadly's line during the wedding scene something like would you please stop talking to me or something or other like that?

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
got my DVD copy from Disney Movie Club today, the downside is that it didn't come with the extended version with the Deleted Scenes.