Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
Since I still have to wait another week or so for the album, I've been listening out for it on Live365. The Interrogation Song is the only one I've heard so far and it is AWESOME! As someone who takes music seriously, I'll give the soundtrack a proper review once I have it in my posession.

The whole soundtrack is great, but this scene in particular and its music is fantastic, along with "I'm number one" are my favorites.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
First off, the songs are great! But the way it's positioned with earbuds on, not so great. The main vocals are in the middle (Constantine for I'm Number One, Kermit, Piggy and Celien Dion for Something So Right, etc.) and assisting vocals, (Mainly in Something So Right) are on the left and right. The instruments though are mostly on the right, with a very distinctive instrument on the left. It's like that for the Muppet Movie re-release. I like the original CD release better for that. Anyway, the dialogue tracks seem very low quality, if they were recorded with a phone.

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
First off, the songs are great! But the way it's positioned with earbuds on, not so great. The main vocals are in the middle (Constantine for I'm Number One, Kermit, Piggy and Celien Dion for Something So Right, etc.) and assisting vocals, (Mainly in Something So Right) are on the left and right. The instruments though are mostly on the right, with a very distinctive instrument on the left. It's like that for the Muppet Movie re-release. I like the original CD release better for that. Anyway, the dialogue tracks seem very low quality, if they were recorded with a phone.

Ok, I only enjoyed them during the movie. I liked the songs because how they worked in the musical style and the grace of the scenes. I couldn't notice more technical aspects. Do you work with music?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Ok, I only enjoyed them during the movie. I liked the songs because how they worked in the musical style and the grace of the scenes. I couldn't notice more technical aspects. Do you work with music?
I play with Audicity alot. :stick_out_tongue: And I'm really nit-picky about my music.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question, because I'm confused about something. When I click on to listen to MCR through RadioTerra, I've been lucking into getting "Something So Right". When I check on the forum's main page, it says it comes from the MMW Original Soundtrack. The version I heard a few moments ago does include Céline Dion. And yet... I've also been hearing a version of the song that doesn't have Ms. Dion as part of the vocals. Also, this second version alters the first four lines of the middle verse where other Muppets start singing lines between Dr. Teeth and Floyd, and then Link and Beaker join in, no Pepe or Scooter. So I'm asking... Where does this second Dion-less version come from?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Quick question, because I'm confused about something. When I click on to listen to MCR through RadioTerra, I've been lucking into getting "Something So Right". When I check on the forum's main page, it says it comes from the MMW Original Soundtrack. The version I heard a few moments ago does include Céline Dion. And yet... I've also been hearing a version of the song that doesn't have Ms. Dion as part of the vocals. Also, this second version alters the first four lines of the middle verse where other Muppets start singing lines between Dr. Teeth and Floyd, and then Link and Beaker join in, no Pepe or Scooter. So I'm asking... Where does this second Dion-less version come from?
Perhaps you're hearing the demo version Bret did?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you're hearing the demo version Bret did?

Dunno... I've heard two of Bret's demo songs so far, "We're Doing A Sequel" and "I'll Get You What You Want". and in both of those it comes across as Bret imitating the Muppets' voices. The Céline Dion-less version of the song has "actual" Muppet voices... Doesn't it? Just confused because all the track info says is "Something So Right, Listen to Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack".

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score

It's precisely as Oscarfan says, the soundtrack includes some demo versions. You can hear "We're Doing a Sequel" demo and there's another voice in place of Bunsen Honeydew, for example.