Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm glad to see people buying Robin Williams movies...he was a great actor and comedian. He will be greatly missed.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
The Unnecessarily Extended Edition is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! WOW!! I think it added a lot of character development for Constantine (his back story) and Miss Piggy (she was VERY suspicious of "Kermit's" proposal...and the little scuffle was very important to the plot, I thought.) Plus, the Number 1 Number 2 bathroom scene was GOLDEN! I LOVED this movie, but I doubt I'll bother with ther theatrical cut again. The extended version is far superior!!!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I just got last night, I am watching the extend cut right now, its better than the original cut.

AKaun6899

Reaction score
I didn't have time to watch it all last night, so I can't comment on much. I did watch the Interrogation Song, that being one of my favorite bits from the movie, and...wow. Love the extra lines and the translation gag. On the other hand, the Gonzo verse made me flinch. The voicing was spot-on, but I have to wonder if that was Goelz under the puppet. It sure didn't seem to be. All the body language was off, and the way he acted, Camilla might as well have been a pet. Also, I hate the mouth on that puppet. It makes him look like he's had a stroke.
It struck me as weird as when he spoke-sang the majority of his verse, he was looking at the camera when speak-singing, "Calm down Camilla, it's a routine inspection," as opposed to looking towards his chicken love. :concern:

galagr

Reaction score
*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

Wowee wow wow. That extended cut was spectacular. I can definitely see why a majority of the stuff was cut (it's mainly minor character moments, little gags and jokes), but I think it made the film so much better. Characters like Rowlf, Pepe, Scooter, Dr. Honeydew, Dr. Teeth, Janice, and even Beauregard and Link get so many more lines and so much more to do. They're definitely listening to the fans. Unfortunately, the heavily speculated lines from Lips and Annie Sue were not featured. It's a shame, but nothing to whine too much about. I'm sure they'll have something to say next time around. :smile:

And, yes, the bathroom joke with Ricky and Constantine is awful. That's the thing though, about the bathroom jokes. They aren't shown in a positive light. Whenever there's a bathroom joke, the characters never react as if it's funny (Gonzo facepalms at Kermit's poopenburgen "joke", and Scooter has a particularly hilarious reaction to the aforementioned "joke"), so it would appear that the characters themselves are taking a jab at it, saying how unfunny that type of humor is. That being said, bathroom jokes and Muppets are best kept as faaaaaaaaaar away from each other as possible. Negative reaction or not.

So many of these parts should've stayed in. They would've had the film flow a lot better. For example, during the proposal scene, Miss Piggy is shown reluctant to the sudden proposal from "Kermit" and comments on how the "diamond" on the "ring" is black. That would've been so helpful to keep in, especially since she sings an entire song as to how she maybe doesn't want to get married after all. Without that cut part, the transition between the proposal and the song seems too sudden, to rushed. It really leaves the audience wondering "What's Miss Piggy doing? Hasn't she wanted to get married all this years?"

These are among my favorite jokes from the extended cut:

-Beau and the entire "Australian" joke. Oh man, that was one of the best ones.
-Link agreeing with Constantine that the Muppets are better off without Fozzie, Walter and Animal
-The "Disney Synergy" joke. Oh, god yes
-Pepe commenting on how terrible Constantine's accent is
-Gonzo's "millionaire" line
-Scratch that, anything with Gonzo
-Rizzo and Robin's only line (yes, it was in the theatrical cut, but deserves another mention nonetheless)
-The "open all doors button"

And that just scratches the surface. Definitely worth the wait! The extended cut alone makes up for the lack of bonus features.

Go buy it now!

RealWonderman

Reaction score
*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

Wowee wow wow. That extended cut was spectacular. I can definitely see why a majority of the stuff was cut (it's mainly minor character moments, little gags and jokes), but I think it made the film so much better. Characters like Rowlf, Pepe, Scooter, Dr. Honeydew, Dr. Teeth, Janice, and even Beauregard and Link get so many more lines and so much more to do. They're definitely listening to the fans. Unfortunately, the heavily speculated lines from Lips and Annie Sue were not featured. It's a shame, but nothing to whine too much about. I'm sure they'll have something to say next time around. :smile:

And, yes, the bathroom joke with Ricky and Constantine is awful. That's the thing though, about the bathroom jokes. They aren't shown in a positive light. Whenever there's a bathroom joke, the characters never react as if it's funny (Gonzo facepalms at Kermit's poopenburgen "joke", and Scooter has a particularly hilarious reaction to the aforementioned "joke"), so it would appear that the characters themselves are taking a jab at it, saying how unfunny that type of humor is. That being said, bathroom jokes and Muppets are best kept as faaaaaaaaaar away from each other as possible. Negative reaction or not.

So many of these parts should've stayed in. They would've had the film flow a lot better. For example, during the proposal scene, Miss Piggy is shown reluctant to the sudden proposal from "Kermit" and comments on how the "diamond" on the "ring" is black. That would've been so helpful to keep in, especially since she sings an entire song as to how she maybe doesn't want to get married after all. Without that cut part, the transition between the proposal and the song seems too sudden, to rushed. It really leaves the audience wondering "What's Miss Piggy doing? Hasn't she wanted to get married all this years?"

These are among my favorite jokes from the extended cut:

-Beau and the entire "Australian" joke. Oh man, that was one of the best ones.
-Link agreeing with Constantine that the Muppets are better off without Fozzie, Walter and Animal
-The "Disney Synergy" joke. Oh, god yes
-Pepe commenting on how terrible Constantine's accent is
-Gonzo's "millionaire" line
-Scratch that, anything with Gonzo
-Rizzo and Robin's only line (yes, it was in the theatrical cut, but deserves another mention nonetheless)
-The "open all doors button"

And that just scratches the surface. Definitely worth the wait! The extended cut alone makes up for the lack of bonus features.

Go buy it now!
This...absolutely: So many of these parts should've stayed in. They would've had the film flow a lot better. For example, during the proposal scene, Miss Piggy is shown reluctant to the sudden proposal from "Kermit" and comments on how the "diamond" on the "ring" is black. That would've been so helpful to keep in, especially since she sings an entire song as to how she maybe doesn't want to get married after all. Without that cut part, the transition between the proposal and the song seems too sudden, to rushed. It really leaves the audience wondering "What's Miss Piggy doing? Hasn't she wanted to get married all this years?"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
:frown: Bad News. The Blu-Ray is back to #44, and the Amazon Instant is now in the top 100 at #57, but the DVD fell down to #88.