Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
The Blu-Ray for MMW sadly went down to #48, but on the other hand, the Amazon Instant Video of MMW sky-rocketed to #49, considering it was in the back end of the 60's yesterday. Also, the DVD went from a tepid #88 yesterday to #72 today.
Not so fast, Muppet Master! You need to look at amazon.com a little deeper than that. It says Muppets Most Wanted is the #1 best seller on the Kids and Family section on amazon. Here's the proof:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNX28TI/?tag=muppetcentral

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Not so fast, Muppet Master! You need to look at amazon.com a little deeper than that. It says Muppets Most Wanted is the #1 best seller on the Kids and Family section on amazon. Here's the proof:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNX28TI/?tag=muppetcentral
Though that's a pretty nit-picky #1. It's not #1 in Blu-Rays, but in Kids and Family Blu-Rays. The last family film to be released on Blu-Ray was Rio 2, and that was in July, so there wasn't much competition.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Where did you watch it?
DisneyMoviesAnywhere (you need an access code for it).

I just watched the extended version. Man, that was long. But there was a lot of neat stuff that should've been in the movie. Some of it deserved to be cut though (like the instrumental during "We're Doing a Sequel". Geez, why'd they even bother filming that?)

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Has anyone found any high definition videos of the finale lately? If not, then you'll really notice a difference in the sound quality. You can actually hear Salma Hayek, Ross Lynch, and Chloe Grace Moretz singing at the same time. Other differences from the original version of the song that you'll notice is:
-Marvin Suggs is seen wiggling his head a little bit
-Black Dog, Green Frackle, and JG are seen singing along
-Walleye Pike, Calico, Muppets Tonight Drummer, One-Eyed Jack, and Pink Frackle appear in a zoomed out shot.
-Usher and Frank Langella's lines can actually be heard.
The only thing that dosen't change is Angel Marie staying silent.
A goof i noticed is that Nigel the Conductor's head changed from orange to yellow in one shot. I don't know if that's maybe his usual head color, but i was able to notice it right away.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So I FINALLY, FINALLY, got MMW on bluray today. Yaaaaay! :smile: all I have to say is I laughed way more in the extended version then in the theatrical release. So cool to see the songs in their full form. Although I do agree the instrumental part for "we're doing a sequel" was quite boring. My bag of popcorn was done in the microwave before that. :stick_out_tongue: I loved Kermit's melt down and him going off at Ray
Liotta eyeballing him was priceless. I thought that was a MS moment. It's rare we get to see Steve's Kermit fly off the handle so this was a nice touch. The scene where Constantine is explaining why he proposed to Piggy was great. Why that was cut in the theatrical version I'll never know that would've added so much more to the plot. And you really get to see Piggy question if this is really Kermit. Out of all the scenes that should've been kept in.

Kermit regurgitating that key omg I was so grossed out by that. Ewww!

As for the blooper reel I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I liked TM's one better. Because god forbid you actually show the puppeteers Disney!!! Are kids gonna be that traumatized?! But other then that I just enjoyed this movie more and more each time. And the extended version just added to the enjoyment. My heart just breaks that it didn't do better. But don't give up on them Disney!!! I'll never go back to watching the theatrical version. The extended version definitely makes up for the lack of bonus features.

And can I just say don't get me wrong all of the puppeteers did phenomenal jobs but I just can't praise Steve enough he is just brilliant. He really pushes the limits with Kermit in this film particularly during the helicopter scene.

I mean I could sit here and knit pick at things but there would be no point. All in all 9/10. Def worth the 25.00 I paid for it.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
DisneyMoviesAnywhere (you need an access code for it).

I just watched the extended version. Man, that was long. But there was a lot of neat stuff that should've been in the movie. Some of it deserved to be cut though (like the instrumental during "We're Doing a Sequel". Geez, why'd they even bother filming that?)
Really? I typed my access code in on friday before the release as i got mine early and i never got to see the Frog-e-oke

EDIT: Just went to the website and I could watch it! But it wasnt great whatsoever.... wish they would have showed scenes from the actual number like the other Frog-e-okes but its whatever

Last edited:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I just love the extended version, and the Blu-ray is great.

But I am a little sad that the Blu-ray didn't have a audio commentary, or the trailers, or some of the deleted scenes that weren't in the extended version as extra bonus features. Oh well.

But, the Blu-ray is so worth the money! Can't wait to rewatch it again and again!