Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I have read Most of this thread and I have to say, One thing I think most of you are forgetting, although I think one poster brought this up, It cost 50 million to make this film, Muppets Most Wanted made about 51 Million at the box office. That my friends is called a modest success, is it great? NO, but when you compare it to a lot of other Live action Disney fare in its genre then it actually comes out on top. IMHO Disney makes at least one more Film with this group of Film makers to round out the trilogy and give us the Kermit Piggy Wedding movie we have all been waiting for, and yes I loved Muppets Take Manhattan, I have loved it since I was a kid when it came out back in the 80's but I do acknowledge the Divorce between Piggy and Kermit in The Muppets and I actually am OK with that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Umm...there was never any divorce between Kermit and Piggy...and two no, I think TM's need a break from the silver screen. And apparently Disney thinks so too cause I haven't heard a single thing on a new film. Once again hopefully they will give them more chances in other things preferably tv would be great. I mean it's not like that's where they got their start or anything.

And Kermit is lobbying against interspeices marriage so I don't think any legit wedding is ever gonna happen. :stick_out_tongue:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Umm...there was never any divorce between Kermit and Piggy...and two no, I think TM's need a break from the silver screen. And apparently Disney thinks so too cause I haven't heard a single thing on a new film. Once again hopefully they will give them more chances in other things preferably tv would be great. I mean it's not like that's where they got their start or anything.

And Kermit is lobbying against interspeices marriage so I don't think any legit wedding is ever gonna happen. :stick_out_tongue:
IN The Muppets 2011 movie Kermit and Miss Piggy were divorced. As for the announcement of a new movie, I don't know for a fact, can some one refresh my memory of when Muppets Most Wanted was Officially Announced? I don't think it was this early, I mean the DVD and BLU-RAY was just released on Tuesday, I know the trend in Hollywood these days is to announce a sequel while the film is still in the theater BUT give It some time. If Disney does not announce a new Muppet film this year it does not mean they cant announce it next year some time. may be they want to see how the DVD sales look and work on the script first before announcing a new Muppet film. If I know something about writing TV Executives, and I do because I am a Futurama fan and we sent cans of anchovies to the FOX Network with our letters and we got our show revived 4 times, so my advice to you all if you want a third Muppet movie by these group of Film Makers write Disney and do it often and every day if possible, if you were true fans you would write Disney every day! I want a movie and TV show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Umm...it's not said at all in the last film if Kermit and Piggy were ever married or divorced it's just speculation. All we knew was they had a huge fight that lead to them breaking up. And if you wanna go by the junior novel the fight was over once again Piggy planting a headline in the paper about them being married. But I don't even go by the junior novel. Anyways...that's a whole other discussion entirely.

As for the MMW Disney green lit that film in April of 2012. Now mind you the expectations of the last film were different. I don't think Disney wasn't expecting that film to do as well as it did hence why the announcement on a new film wasn't made right away. This film is different because it did not bring in the box office numbers Disney was expecting.

It seems like DVD sales might be doing good for MMW but I don't think it will be as well received as the last film. I personally do not want them in another film anytime soon. I think Disney also sees that a movie break maybe just what the muppets need as of now. Again they really should consider putting them back on tv. That is where they started and what they should go back to. No more kermit and piggy weddings unless their gonna actually make the dang thing legit cause this whole back and fourth stuff is annoying now.

Kermit has even been asked what's next for him and he couldn't even give the interviewer an answer. Other then their Disney drive series. I really hope something is next in the works. I will be really surprised at this point if another film is announced but I am not betting on it.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Umm...it's not said at all in the last film if Kermit and Piggy were ever married or divorced it's just speculation. All we knew was they had a huge fight that lead to them breaking up. And if you wanna go by the junior novel the fight was over once again Piggy planting a headline in the paper about them being married. But I don't even go by the junior novel. Anyways...that's a whole other discussion entirely.

As for the MMW Disney green lit that film in April of 2012. Now mind you the expectations of the last film were different. I don't think Disney wasn't expecting that film to do as well as it did hence why the announcement on a new film wasn't made right away. This film is different because it did not bring in the box office numbers Disney was expecting.

It seems like DVD sales might be doing good for MMW but I don't think it will be as well received as the last film. I personally do not want them in another film anytime soon. I think Disney also sees that a movie break maybe just what the muppets need as of now. Again they really should consider putting them back on tv. That is where they started and what they should go back to. No more kermit and piggy weddings unless their gonna actually make the dang thing legit cause this whole back and fourth stuff is annoying now.

Kermit has even been asked what's next for him and he couldn't even give the interviewer an answer. Other then their Disney drive series. I really hope something is next in the works. I will be really surprised at this point if another film is announced but I am not betting on it.
we will have to agree to disagree my friend..... :smile:

although I just found this,

Muppets Most Wanted
Edit

Muppets Most Wanted is a 2014 American musical comedy film and is the sequel to the 2011 film The Muppets. It was announced in March 2012 that Disney was moving forward on the project with James Bobin (director of The Muppets) and Nicholas Stoller (co-writer of The Muppets) writing the screenplay. Bobin also returned to direct the film.

Last edited:

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
I have it on reasonably good insider authority that there will NOT be another Muppet film anytime soon, as Disney considers MMW to have been a significant disappointment at the box office. Broadway and TV projects could apparently still happen though.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I have it on reasonably good insider authority that there will NOT be another Muppet film anytime soon, as Disney considers MMW to have been a significant disappointment at the box office. Broadway and TV projects could apparently still happen though.
Thank you!!!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
we will have to agree to disagree my friend..... :smile:

although I just found this,

Muppets Most Wanted
Edit

Muppets Most Wanted is a 2014 American musical comedy film and is the sequel to the 2011 film The Muppets. It was announced in March 2012 that Disney was moving forward on the project with James Bobin (director of The Muppets) and Nicholas Stoller (co-writer of The Muppets) writing the screenplay. Bobin also returned to direct the film.
Yes it was announced in March but Disney didn't give the go ahead till April. I personally don't think Id even be excited about another film. I was like Disney and thought this would be another big hit movie and for it to not be just kind of sucked the optimism out of me.

By the way anyone else thinking Disney is thrilled with it just making budget is hiding their head in the sand. Sorry to say but no studio would be happy with a film just making budget. I honestly don't even think Disney still knows what to do with the Muppets myself. I've heard no more about this supposed tv show in the works that was speculated a few months ago. So who knows what's going on there. Although on the bright side I do feel them appearing on The View was a positive thing it proved Disney isn't giving up on them it's just like their trying to decide what do we do with them next? I do still think there's a demand for them but in what? I just don't want to see them dropped on the Disney channel their way too classy for that!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
IN The Muppets 2011 movie Kermit and Miss Piggy were divorced. As for the announcement of a new movie, I don't know for a fact, can some one refresh my memory of when Muppets Most Wanted was Officially Announced? I don't think it was this early, I mean the DVD and BLU-RAY was just released on Tuesday, I know the trend in Hollywood these days is to announce a sequel while the film is still in the theater BUT give It some time. If Disney does not announce a new Muppet film this year it does not mean they cant announce it next year some time. may be they want to see how the DVD sales look and work on the script first before announcing a new Muppet film. If I know something about writing TV Executives, and I do because I am a Futurama fan and we sent cans of anchovies to the FOX Network with our letters and we got our show revived 4 times, so my advice to you all if you want a third Muppet movie by these group of Film Makers write Disney and do it often and every day if possible, if you were true fans you would write Disney every day! I want a movie and TV show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The word "divorce" was never used in the film and it has always been a matter of perspective between the frog and the pig as to whether or not they were married for real or it was just the movie. It is a stretch to claim that they are or were divorced. I doubt either of them would support that if asked. They usually just try to avoid the issue.

I'm kind of tired of the Kermit-Piggy marriage shtick. There's so much more to the Muppet gang than that one piece and all of it is more interesting than that.