Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
You do realize Piggy has been chasing after Kermit to get married for 40 years right? There was no renewing vows because there was no real vows to begin with. Whether you consider it canon or not like Jamie said I highly doubt Kermit and Piggy would even consider them divorced and just avoid it altogether. If you wanna get technical read the junior novel the fight was more over Piggy once again planting false accusations in the newspaper hence the reason for the fight/breakup. And why do you keep quoting the same post?
but you said that They never got divorced there for implying that they are still married. why would Piggy want to get married so much if they are already married?

the word Divorce was never used but rather implied, If they were married why did Miss Piggy want to get married throughout MMW they never once said in MMW that Piggy wanted to renew there Vows......

what I said still stands.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
but you said that They never got divorced there for implying that they are still married. why would Piggy want to get married so much if they are already married?

the word Divorce was never used but rather implied, If they were married why did Miss Piggy want to get married throughout MMW they never once said in MMW that Piggy wanted to renew there Vows......

what I said still stands.
Because they aren't married that's why...I never said they were ever married. And again Piggy has been trying to marry Kermit for 40 years. There's never been any legit wedding to begin with.

Last edited:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know, it's really annoying how much those dumb news reporters talk about it. I mean it was funny the first time (TMS: Episode 310:Marisa Berenson), and I didn't mind it the second time (MTM). Though MMW worked, because of the whole Constantine/Kermit switch which made the wedding hilarious, though it's annoying how many times the "marriage" issue is brought up. When I first became a muppet fan it was because I loved their unique style of comedy, not because to cheer on a frog and a pig to walk down the aisle.
Well I'm still hoping to cheer them down the aisle for real. :stick_out_tongue: but anyways...I always just shake my head now when it does get asked and they know their not gonna get a direct answer out of Kermit so why bother asking? You'd be better off asking if their still dating at least he does answer that question. Okay this has totally turned into the K&P marriage debate. It always seems to happen in these threads. But see? It is what keeps the Muppets going cause we're sitting here talking about it. Lol

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Because they aren't married that's why...I never said they were ever married. And again Piggy has been trying to marry Kermit for 40 years.
Wait let me get this straight You don't accept that Piggy and Kermit were married in Muppets Take Manhattan, I'm guessing you think it was a dream or you don't like Muppets Take Manhattan?, so therefore you don't accept the story line in The Muppets. Let me spell it out for you, I read the entire Review thread for The Muppets and most people in there loved The Muppets, also tons of people loved Muppets Take Manhattan and DO accept the wedding scene as being real, so if I had to guess millions of people loved both movies and Accept the Wedding scene and the divorce in The Muppets, Enough said.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wait let me get this straight You don't accept that Piggy and Kermit were married in Muppets Take Manhattan, I'm guessing you think it was a dream or you don't like Muppets Take Manhattan?, so therefore you don't accept the story line in The Muppets. Let me spell it out for you, I read the entire Review thread for The Muppets and most people in there loved The Muppets, also tons of people loved Muppets Take Manhattan and DO accept the wedding scene as being real, so if I had to guess millions of people loved both movies and Accept the Wedding scene and the divorce in The Muppets, Enough said.
Umm...have you watched interviews of Kermit and Piggy when asked about if their married? And I mean recent ones? The wedding in MTM is left to interpretation some people do think it was legit however a lot of people like me think it was just that within the movie. Your arguing with the wrong person if you think I don't want them
"Really" married. I'm the biggest K&P fan you'll ever meet as if my avatar doesn't already say that. I accept in the latest film that Kermit and Piggy are a full fledged couple I do not accept they are really married. There was never indication in the movie they were! Again READ the junior novel and watch recent interviews. You want proof I got 150 videos of proof saved on YouTube my dear! Piggy has even acknowledged that that wedding in MTM was not real! I can't help but laugh that what your accusations at me entail. And MTM is one of my top 3 favorite Muppet movies. Get your facts straight before you go judging people. Ask anyone on this forum if they think kermit and piggy are really married! A lot of people on here think they aren't. Again go back to TMS Piggy has been chasing Kermit for 40 years! You need to know what's canon and what isn't.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Anyways...moving right along in search of good times and good news with good friends you can't lose. MMW opens in Japan next month! Here's hoping it brings in more money!

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Umm...have you watched interviews of Kermit and Piggy when asked about if their married? And I mean recent ones? The wedding in MTM is left to interpretation some people do think it was legit however a lot of people like me think it was just that within the movie. Your arguing with the wrong person if you think I don't want them
"Really" married. I'm the biggest K&P fan you'll ever meet as if my avatar doesn't already say that. I accept in the latest film that Kermit and Piggy are a full fledged couple I do not accept they are really married. There was never indication in the movie they were! Again READ the junior novel and watch recent interviews. You want proof I got 150 videos of proof saved on YouTube my dear! Piggy has even acknowledged that that wedding in MTM was not real! I can't help but laugh that what your accusations at me entail. And MTM is one of my top 3 favorite Muppet movies. Get your facts straight before you go judging people. Ask anyone on this forum if they think kermit and piggy are really married! A lot of people on here think they aren't. Again go back to TMS Piggy has been chasing Kermit for 40 years! You need to know what's canon and what isn't.
wait we are talking about Interviews with Muppets, you really don't take that as Canon do you?:smirk:

Oh and by the way I am 33 years old I don't read junior Novels and don't take them for Canon Either:smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
wait we are talking about Interviews with Muppets, you really don't take that as Canon do you?:smirk:

Oh and by the way I am 33 years old I don't read junior Novels and don't take them for Canon Either:smile:
This discussion is over. And I'm 31. What's age have to do with anything?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
One more thing. Jim Henson: "You see, Kermit and I don't think that he's married, you see? Piggy and Frank, I think, feel differently, but as far as Kermit is concerned, he made a movie and he was an actor in that movie and he played the part of someone who married Miss Piggy..." I rest my case.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
One more thing. Jim Henson: "You see, Kermit and I don't think that he's married, you see? Piggy and Frank, I think, feel differently, but as far as Kermit is concerned, he made a movie and he was an actor in that movie and he played the part of someone who married Miss Piggy..." I rest my case.
I am sorry to say this but I have been a Muppet fan my whole life but I realize that the Muppets are not real they are Felt and ping pong ball eyes, they are Puppets, there interviews are not Canon. I take from what Jim Henson said as a joke, it was part of the act that is the Muppets:smile: