We Need Another Movie

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I think the third movie should have the Muppets trying to set up a show in Vegas.....this would complete the symmetry with the original films....a)a movie about the Muppets coming together b)a movie that is a caper film c) a movie about them trying to put on a big show

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm sorry.... a TV series is never going to happen even if the movie pulled in Marvel film numbers. No matter what night it's going to be on, it will either be opposite a higher rated show or a night no one watches television.

There is a huge call to bring them back to television, sure, but I'm sure only half of those who want a show will actually watch it, and less than half of that will continue after the first couple of episodes. Then everyone will whine about how poorly it did on television and blame the tired old shows they were watching instead in the first place. I can't see a Muppet series lasting more than 13 episodes in this TV climate, no matter what day or time its on.
Who cares, I'm fine if a muppet series lasts 2 episodes. It'll be 2 weeks consecutively watching the muppets on TV :smile:.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think the muppets should make a new weekly web series where they spoof famous films, books, video games, and television shows. It should be 5-10 minutes long, and simply be called "The Muppet Parody Show".

Season 1 (2015)

Episode 1: Beakerstein
Episode 2: The Good, the bad, and the Froggy
Episode 3: Kermit and the Fly Factory
Episode 4: Pigula
Episode 5: Gonzo with the Wind
Episode 6: The Three Muppeteers
Episode 7: Frogfeld
Episode 8: I Love Miss Piggy
Episode 9: The Rhyme Machine
Episode 10: Sherlock Homeless
Episode 11: The Dogfather III
Episode 12: Frog Wars
Episode 13: Superbear
Episode 14: Spiderfrog
Episode 15: The Muppet Parody Show Clip Show
Episode 16: Lord of the Things
Episode 17: The American Captain
Episode 18: Forest GrumpS
Episode 19: Rats in Space (a parody of our own parody)
Episode 20: Hecklers in Black
Episode 21: Froger
Episode 22: Super Frogio
Episode 23: Doctor Moo
Episode 24: Bork and Borkdy

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I think the third movie should have the Muppets trying to set up a show in Vegas.....this would complete the symmetry with the original films....a)a movie about the Muppets coming together b)a movie that is a caper film c) a movie about them trying to put on a big show
I'm sorry, after two movies about the Muppets "playing themselves" and running around trying to continue their Muppet Show act, I'm REALLY ready for something different. Each of Henson's movies did something different with the characters. The two Disney films trap the Muppets in a world where they haven't been around for decades, are a joke of a performing troupe that can't really taken seriously, and are stuck with this mellow little guy who is only there because the first film made it so he HAS to be there.

Long story short, I want to see a change of pace.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm sorry, after two movies about the Muppets "playing themselves" and running around trying to continue their Muppet Show act, I'm REALLY ready for something different. Each of Henson's movies did something different with the characters. The two Disney films trap the Muppets in a world where they haven't been around for decades, are a joke of a performing troupe that can't really taken seriously, and are stuck with this mellow little guy who is only there because the first film made it so he HAS to be there.

Long story short, I want to see a change of pace.
The first film did just that, but the second...not at all. That was about moving forward.

Ideas I'd like to see:
  • A Pigs in Space Movie where they actually go to space this time!
  • An Electric Mayhem Movie where the focus is more on the band.
  • Some sort of Scary Muppet Movie where Muppet Labs and Muppet monsters could play prominent roles.
But the most important thing is to not get bogged down in gimmick or premise. Let the Muppets be the Muppets instead of being slaves to numerous plot points.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I really don't think MMW really moved forward all that much. "The Muppets" featured the characters regrouping to put on a show. MMW featured the Muppets moving on from the first film...only to just put their show on tour. The writers seem obsessed with the idea of simply re-creating "The Muppet Show" and placing the characters in the same roles they were in during the series.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I really don't think MMW really moved forward all that much. "The Muppets" featured the characters regrouping to put on a show. MMW featured the Muppets moving on from the first film...only to just put their show on tour. The writers seem obsessed with the idea of simply re-creating "The Muppet Show" and placing the characters in the same roles they were in during the series.
Playing the same roles? They're playing themselves. That's just silly. The best Muppet moments are when they just play themselves and put on a show (or a bunch of elaborate musical numbers) like TMM, GMC, MTM, MFC, the John Denver specials, VMX, and MMW. It's when they get too gimmicky that it comes out stilted. I favor the classic authenticity of the Muppets seen in the last film to some "Muppets Underwater", "Muppets Moby Dick" or "Muppets Spaghetti Western" sorts of ideas. Eugh.

galagr

Reaction score
The first film did just that, but the second...not at all. That was about moving forward.

Ideas I'd like to see:
  • A Pigs in Space Movie where they actually go to space this time!
  • An Electric Mayhem Movie where the focus is more on the band.
  • Some sort of Scary Muppet Movie where Muppet Labs and Muppet monsters could play prominent roles.
But the most important thing is to not get bogged down in gimmick or premise. Let the Muppets be the Muppets instead of being slaves to numerous plot points.
Yes, yes, and yes! Those are all ideas that, not only would I like to see, but they seem like the most likely candidates in the event that another theatrical movie would be made.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like to think that the general public would flock to see a Pigs in Space or Electric Mayhem movie in theaters, harsh reality hits me and I realize that those movies would most likely fail unless they had Piggy and Animal plastered all over them. I think that those films would work better as direct-to-video releases than theatrical. If we're going to have Muppet movies with just Muppets, I have this bad feeling that not too many would be interested.

Unless, of course, they got cameos that would be actually fitting to the plot. Get Buzz Aldrin (or even some Star Wars characters, again) in Pigs In Space, Bill Nye or Neil Degrasse Tyson in the Muppet Labs movie, and some classic-not-tweeny-bop band in the EM movie and they'd be set.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes! Those are all ideas that, not only would I like to see, but they seem like the most likely candidates in the event that another theatrical movie would be made.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like to think that the general public would flock to see a Pigs in Space or Electric Mayhem movie in theaters, harsh reality hits me and I realize that those movies would most likely fail unless they had Piggy and Animal plastered all over them. I think that those films would work better as direct-to-video releases than theatrical. If we're going to have Muppet movies with just Muppets, I have this bad feeling that not too many would be interested.

Unless, of course, they got cameos that would be actually fitting to the plot. Get Buzz Aldrin (or even some Star Wars characters, again) in Pigs In Space, Bill Nye or Neil Degrasse Tyson in the Muppet Labs movie, and some classic-not-tweeny-bop band in the EM movie and they'd be set.
I could see a Pigs in Space featuring many cool cameos like you suggested, some Star Wars ones would be a no-brainer since Disney owns them too. I'm sure you could get Kermit in there as a reporter, Bunsen and Beaker in there as scientists at NASA etc. There's a lot that could be done to expand and exploit the premise and everybody knows of Pigs in Space.

A Mayhem movie could include all sorts of music cameos cross-genre. I can't imagine any musician wanting to turn that down.

I like the scary movie idea just because it could take place in the Muppet Theater and in that neighborhood. I'd really like to see them exploit that world. The best parts of TMS were behind the scenes. An entire movie of that would be fun.

Last edited: