Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can only read the third kanji (hana) and the last two letters (mita), so I guess they are asking if you can see his nose.
I also watched the movie on DVD, and is it just me, or did they change Mrs. Piggy's mermaid dress during "We're Doing A Sequel".
It says can you see the fireworks. "Hanabi" I took Japanese for 5 years.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I wonder if Angel Marie, Blind Pew, Black Dog, Big Mean Carl, Walleye Pike, Blue Frackle, Green Frackle, Spotted Dick, One-Eyed Jack, Calico, Pops, Gramps, and Miss Poogy will be in the Japanese release of the film? Although I would imagine they will be.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I wonder if Angel Marie, Blind Pew, Black Dog, Big Mean Carl, Walleye Pike, Blue Frackle, Green Frackle, Spotted Dick, One-Eyed Jack, Calico, Pops, Gramps, and Miss Poogy will be in the Japanese release of the film? Although I would imagine they will be.
Umm...why wouldn't they be?:confused::smirk:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Take a look! MMW opens in Japan next month! Let's hope the movie does well there!
Well Disney better advertise like crazy like they did in America, and not like how they did it for most of the rest of the world. Meanwhile, I just can not see this film doing well in Japan when they can just order the DVD or Blu-Ray right now. Also, any Gonzo fans in Japan will most likely be disappointed, because even though he is the only muppet on this advertisement, he had very little screen time.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It probably won't. And even if it does, it's international box office would need one **** of a boost to get anywhere near "impressive".
That's one of the rare things you've said recently that I can fully agree. Disney seems to already have made their decision about the box office take. I'm not very hopeful about the home video sales either since Amazon's withholding of presales in order to leverage more money from the Disney Company.

Ultimately, this film is not financially notable. That's the terminology I'd use. I'd imagine a new strategy when Disney decides to bring the Muppets back to cinema somewhere down the line. It won't likely be soon. Still, their films are so inexpensive to make that it's a matter of time before they return.

I still think they're first and foremost creatures of television. They work best on the smaller screen. The movies in Jim's era were always the desert, not the main dish. That was rooted in their television appearances, specials and programs. The problem with even the good post-Jim specials is that the Muppets still hadn't found their magic. The last two films have remedied that. All the classic players are back, there are some new characters and they all seem to know what their doing. The only issue now is - where are they going?

I think now they'll avoid the Christmas specials (they have enough) and the Angelo's Kitchen sort of fluff. People now know the Muppets again. Sometimes the public loves them, sometimes they're rather indifferent. There's definitely room for improvement. But once again, their quest is what it's always been since the days of Jim. The Muppets are lovable misfits trying to figure out where they fit in everything.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay I'm just gonna put this here but apparently Constantine was added to Walt Disney World's Villians Unleashed show as part of a "meet and greet" I don't know about you but this actually makes me smile cause it shows despite the film did poorly they haven't totally left the Muppets out!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think we should be talking about Japan's box office on the thread about MMW's box office. Anyways, I doubt it will make any cash in Japan. I am pretty sure if you were a muppet fan in Japan then you would buy the Blu-Ray or DVD from Amazon and watch it. There simply is no point to me to pay all that money to go watch it in the theater.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think we should be talking about Japan's box office on the thread about MMW's box office. Anyways, I doubt it will make any cash in Japan. I am pretty sure if you were a muppet fan in Japan then you would buy the Blu-Ray or DVD from Amazon and watch it. There simply is no point to me to pay all that money to go watch it in the theater.
You'd be surprised what Japanese people would pay to watch a movie on the big screen. I don't know how popular Muppets are in Japan but let's hope it's being promoted a lot over there.