Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Here's a video of Constantine at Hollywood Studios yesterday. I like the little display they had for him, very clever. Matt was awesome as always!

I know. I'm excited. I'm going to get my picture with him when i go to Florida for Christmas. Everyone back home will be jealous when i tell them i got my photo taken with Constantine.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know. I'm excited. I'm going to get my picture with him when i go to Florida for Christmas. Everyone back home will be jealous when i tell them i got my photo taken with Constantine.
That was a one-night event. He won't be there at Christmas.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
*sigh* I guess I'll never get to meet him after all. But who knows? Maybe I will.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Finally saw it again after Mrs. Otter picked up a copy while visiting relatives in central Canada. It still holds up after five months and I think I'm going to enjoy it for a good long time.

Stray thoughts from my second viewing:

* I completely forgot that Constantine's first line of the movie, prior to his first pre-escape explosion, is "It's time to light the lights." Cracked up laughing at that one.
* Did we ever think we'd see a movie where another Muppet was involved in more explosions than Crazy Harry?
* Still can't get over the puppetry in "I'm Number One." It almost seems cliche to say "Jim would be proud" but I honestly think that's one of the best exhibitions of Muppet puppetry in a post-Jim project.
* I expect I'll laugh my head off at the Spanish Muppet Show intro and the scenes of Constantine (a) getting stage fright in Berlin and (b) reviewing the Kermit tapes, every time I see them for the rest of my life.
* Still ticked that the Dublin TMS sequence seemed so under-developed and, with the exception of the Muppet leprechauns, not all that Irish. (Conversely, Mrs. Otter is still tickled at Hugh Bonneville's cameo.)
* In the theatrical viewing, I was laughing so hard at Link's line that he's "on the groom's side by marriage" that I missed the great topper: "What kind of usher ARE you, anyway?"
* Is it just me, or does anyone else find the sequence between Constantine's escape from the faux-wedding and the Muppet Ladder re-launch to be a little clunky on a second viewing?
* On the other side of the coin, am I the only one here that doesn't have any great concern with the green-screening in "Together Again (Again)"?
* We left early from the theatrical viewing (had a busload of kids from our Christian youth group to attend to) so we missed Fozzie's last two appearances in the credits. His last line at the very end is an absolute treat. Ma Bear still loves you, Fozzie!!!

Bottom line: MMW became my fourth-favourite Muppet movie (behind TMM, GMC and TM2011) after my theatrical viewing and that ranking still holds. Stuff the box office returns - this is one that everyone involved can be proud of, and one that I will treasure for years to come.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just realized that in this movie, Fozzie never really wants to do an act that Kermit says no to for any reason, and we don't see Fozzie headline any acts (pretty much all the acts we see are either variations on the opening, music performances, or acts with guest stars). In a way it seems like Fozzie doesn't get much to do until he finds out that "Kermit" is really Constantine. That's kind of interesting. And on a similar note, at the beginning of the movie when the characters are pitching ideas that Kermit dismisses, Fozzie's is the only one that isn't too gimmicky and related to his character (and the only reason Kermit shoots it down is because it's the plot of the last film).

And it seems like Walter's Muppet fandom isn't played up as much as in the previous movie. There's a few small things, like Walter wearing his Kermit watch, but for the most part, he's just part of the gang, the only one (besides Animal, who senses that "Kermit" is an imposter) who notices Kermit acting odd and notices that the audience isn't enjoying the show. In fact, when Constantine tells the others that Walter quit, the Muppets are mainly surprised because they just did a movie where he joined the Muppets, without mentioning that he was a big fan before becoming a Muppet. And I feel like in the opening song, Walter should have been the one to point out that it's their seventh sequel, as well as being the one to pitch a movie plot that they'd already done.

And it's interesting how most characters don't notice the similarities between Kermit and Constantine, mistaking them if the mole is covered or if a fake mole is put on. In the gulag, Nadya asks Kermit why, if he's not Constantine, he has the mole, as if nobody else can have one (and what if Kermit suddenly grew a real mole there?), though that's justified in that she's a fan and it's implied that she knows he's really Kermit. But when the mole gets covered on the newspaper photo of Constantine, Fozzie and Walter both get fooled, not expecting Kermit/Constantine to turn into the other. But then when Sam and Jean see Kermit and Fozzie, Sam instantly thinks Kermit is Constantine, even though he covered his fake mole. Sam never mentioned the resemblance before, never suspected Kermit had been replaced with Constantine, never wondered if Kermit was actually Constantine. I feel like maybe Kermit should have somehow gotten his make-up off before they spotted them.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I just realized that in this movie, Fozzie never really wants to do an act that Kermit says no to for any reason, and we don't see Fozzie headline any acts (pretty much all the acts we see are either variations on the opening, music performances, or acts with guest stars). In a way it seems like Fozzie doesn't get much to do until he finds out that "Kermit" is really Constantine. That's kind of interesting. And on a similar note, at the beginning of the movie when the characters are pitching ideas that Kermit dismisses, Fozzie's is the only one that isn't too gimmicky and related to his character (and the only reason Kermit shoots it down is because it's the plot of the last film).

And it seems like Walter's Muppet fandom isn't played up as much as in the previous movie. There's a few small things, like Walter wearing his Kermit watch, but for the most part, he's just part of the gang, the only one (besides Animal, who senses that "Kermit" is an imposter) who notices Kermit acting odd and notices that the audience isn't enjoying the show. In fact, when Constantine tells the others that Walter quit, the Muppets are mainly surprised because they just did a movie where he joined the Muppets, without mentioning that he was a big fan before becoming a Muppet. And I feel like in the opening song, Walter should have been the one to point out that it's their seventh sequel, as well as being the one to pitch a movie plot that they'd already done.

And it's interesting how most characters don't notice the similarities between Kermit and Constantine, mistaking them if the mole is covered or if a fake mole is put on. In the gulag, Nadya asks Kermit why, if he's not Constantine, he has the mole, as if nobody else can have one (and what if Kermit suddenly grew a real mole there?), though that's justified in that she's a fan and it's implied that she knows he's really Kermit. But when the mole gets covered on the newspaper photo of Constantine, Fozzie and Walter both get fooled, not expecting Kermit/Constantine to turn into the other. But then when Sam and Jean see Kermit and Fozzie, Sam instantly thinks Kermit is Constantine, even though he covered his fake mole. Sam never mentioned the resemblance before, never suspected Kermit had been replaced with Constantine, never wondered if Kermit was actually Constantine. I feel like maybe Kermit should have somehow gotten his make-up off before they spotted them.
Wow, those are some really good observations. Yes, I have said this before, Fozzie had MFS syndrome where he does next to nothing in the film, until the gang has to go rescue someone. I also find it interesting that Fozzie does not want to do a comedy act or something, in fact I do not remember Fozzie even doing any comedy in this film. TMM had his whole introduction scene, GMC he was playing an investigative reporter, MTM he had that part at the end of the film backstage with the polar bear joke, MCC he had his one scene of comedy, MTI and MFS changed his character to a mentally challanged comedy relief, and TM'11 had that scene where he is doing a comedy act, yet not once in MMW does he have anything to do with comedy, and there is no excuse like he is playing a different character or that the writer does not know Fozzie's character, if a person who had never seen the muppets watched this film, they would never have known Fozzie's character or Walter's who is basically an average joe of the muppets now, because as you said he does not have any sign of being a muppet fan. As for the reason the muppets do not know it is Kermit, it really is strange at times. Here is what should have happened, along with the bomb attractor, but the effect would have been sadly temporary. Bunsen should have showed Kermit an amnesia ray, and he should have left it lying around leading Dominic to see it, and when Kermit goes to take a walk uses it on the muppets. When Constantine comes he explains everything to the muppets, how he is Kermit, and all, and how they have to put on a show for their world tour. Then, about halfway through the film the amnesia ray wears off, and then Dominic busts out the "cold" excuse, but the muppets are still very suspicious which then leads to Walter and Fozzie to investigate, find the amnesa ray along with everything else, and the rest of the film goes as it is. As for Sam, well when you are a CIA agent you are just dying to do your job correctly.