Muppets Most Wanted rated

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It says on the back of TMS 2 that it contains infrequent mild language and slapstick violence, and all of your film analysis I would agree with.
Well, ya I can at least think of 2 episodes of season 2 (jaye p. morgan, and peter sellers) where there are bombs/explosions off the top of my head, but I don't remember any swearing and I just finished watching all of TMS s1 and s2.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Well, ya I can at least think of 2 episodes of season 2 (jaye p. morgan, and peter sellers) where there are bombs/explosions off the top of my head, but I don't remember any swearing and I just finished watching all of TMS s1 and s2.
Yeah I think the rating on this one is a bit off here, i mean there's some general insults for example in the dom deluise episode but there is no mild language in it to my knowledge.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah I think the rating on this one is a bit off here, i mean there's some general insults for example in the dom deluise episode but there is no mild language in it to my knowledge.
But, I mean I like it when muppet stuff is rated PG, because a lot of their work isn't G. It's also annoying that when people see a G film they throw it in the kiddie pile even when a movie like MTI or GMC are much more mature then the lorax or ice age 4.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
But, I mean I like it when muppet stuff is rated PG, because a lot of their work isn't G. It's also annoying that when people see a G film they throw it in the kiddie pile even when a movie like MTI or GMC are much more mature then the lorax or ice age 4.
And some kids movies shouldn't be G rated like Cars 2. Apart from being Pixar's weakest, that violence was totally PG, and the same year the Muppets got PG..for fart shoes! Silly MPAA!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
And some kids movies shouldn't be G rated like Cars 2. Apart from being Pixar's weakest, that violence was totally PG, and the same year the Muppets got PG..for fart shoes! Silly MPAA!
I know, ironically, TM, which is the most G of the theatrically released muppet films got a PG rating when the six films before it got G ratings. Obviously though, people should know that G and PG are hardly different films "age-group" wise as films like The Lego Movie or Madagascar 3 (PG-rated films) could easily be shown to a group of six-year olds as much as A Bug's Life or Toy Story (G-rated films).

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I agree with you on most counts, but then take Coraline ...there's no way that could be rated G!

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted was rated PG because of the criminal themes and that Siberan prison. I actually agree with the rating they gave it.
I agree with you on most counts, but then take Coraline ...there's no way that could be rated G!
Did you know that movie was banned in some countries because it wasn't appropriate for kids?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Why is TMS season 2 rated PG? Hmm, I mean I think the muppet movies, almost all of them, should be rated PG for different reasons.

TMM - barfights, drinking, and guns

GMC - drinking, guns, "swear word"

MTM - Kermit gets run over by car

MCC - RATED G

MTI - drinking, fighting/peril

MFS - nudity, guns, peril

TM - RATED G

MMW - fighting/peril
Wha???? Kermit's naked in almost everything... why aren't they all rated PG? :wink:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If TMM was released today, it would probably get a had R because of someone in the background smoking. I'm sure even the references to champagne would get it a freakin' PG-13. I love these moral panic stories where some antsy pants parental group with too much time on their hands says that "today's PG-13 movies are yesterday's R rated movies" because they get away with one or two things. Yet, the list of things that give a film a hard R grow every day. The Wolverine, rated PG-13, had more discretion shots when Wolverine stabbed a guy with his claws than a TV Y7 cartoon show.

Also, I love how they ignore that today's PG films are yesterday's G's. Marketing standpoint or not, every "PG" movie I've seen in recent memory that wasn't Rango was perfectly fine for a preschool audience.
I think this sums the movie ratings well.

Really cool.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wha???? Kermit's naked in almost everything... why aren't they all rated PG? :wink:
I never noticed, so are Sweetums, Robin, and Fozzie is almost naked, I have to change all the muppet movie ratings.

TMM - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
GMC - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
MTM - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
MCC - Rated R for intense nudity
MTI - Rated R for intense nudity
MFS - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
TM'11 - Rated R for intense nudity throughout
MMW - Rated R for intense nudity throughout

The MPAA is crazy, letting all that nudity pass as G, and PG, I need to contact them, and force them to change the ratings to these accurate ratings.