What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
VMX was created to go for as many demos as possible without ignoring the long time fans. But it seems to me that they thought of the nostalgic college age kids for the most part. And it worked for that film. It's horribly dated now, not just in terms of Crock Hunter references, but the style of the humor and writing screams "early 00's." As I said with MWO many times, they tried too hard to emulate what VMX did and failed horribly at it.

As for KSY, I'll agree with you. Unlike Muppet Babies, the project didn't leave an impact on the franchise, and didn't ad to the decline of The Muppets as preschool material. Something that plagued the franchise from the late 80's to early 90's. I really think Jim was trying to pawn the Muppets off on little kids while saving Creature Shop masterworks like Labyrinth and Dark Crystal for older audiences. As a Muppet Babies fan, I appreciate what the show accomplished in terms of early child entertainment in the 80's, which gave us the downright creepy if you think about it Care Bears. They're voyeurs that want to convert everyone on Earth to their cult, for crying out loud. Cobra Commander was a less sinister 1980's figure. Oh, great... I'm off topic.

Eh, yeah, that KSY... I'll agree that the Muppets are better than a toss away kiddy DTV. But on the plus side, that's all KSY will ever be. No adaption displacement, no continuations or revisions... just a forgotten thing in a sea of much better Muppet movies, DTV or not.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The thing is that when VMX came out, people liked it, and it was seen as a muppet revival. Now, for whatever reason, maybe because of TM'11, people call it a creepy fan fiction written by an emo guy. Why does the film not get much respect?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only people who say that are detractors. Worst case scenario, it was a fan fic. Most people seem to love the emotional aspect and whined that MMW didn't have it, and therefore it was awful for some reason. MMW actually made me like TM less for that reason. VMX was written to be the hip style of humor that was in at the time. It only sort of holds up, I'll admit. No one remembers Moulin Rouge anymore, and making an extended parody of it only worked at that time.

Then again, it was on TV and you didn't have to pay to watch it... I still really like VMX, and at the time, it was the Muppet project that had elements that were missing in the last three films before it. MWOZ tried the exact same thing and failed at it roundly. It didn't hold up when it came out. VMX has the excuse that it used a Family Guy/Simpsons/Scary Movie style humor, and all three were in vogue at the time (or at least using that style of humor for Simpsons and Family Guy)... MWO is sloppy all around. The pop culture bits are supposed to get tweenagers and college kids over Muppet fans. All we got was like Scooter and the Electric Mayhem actually performing a couple numbers (where they sang like 10 words). And that's a bright spot the certainly has a leg up over KSY... but the Kelly Osborne bit, stunt casting, and just overall trying to hard to be edgy just made the film even worse than it needed to be. Worst MMW had is a throwaway reference to One Direction. That's the only thing I really disliked in the movie.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Worst MMW had is a throwaway reference to One Direction. That's the only thing I really disliked in the movie.
Same with me besides the lack of Gonzo. MMW will always be miles higher, quality wise, than MWoO, and all that, but just because Jason Siegel ditched, and oh supposedly the plot is extremely predictable. Just because you had a movie like TM'11, which in my opinion is nowhere near as good as MMW, does not mean you can call MMW bad, and a dissapointment.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the problem is that TM is a very emotional movie to the point where it's a sadist show (seriously, how much was Kermit absolutely dumped on in that picture?), and this next one was a comic romp, more in tune with the original two movies, which played with old film tropes. Comedy Ghetto at its finest. They managed to comedy ghetto a franchise so associated with comedy that one of the main characters was a comedian! That's...I don't know what that is, actually.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know, I realized my thoughts on MWoO can be summed up with one of Kermit's quotes.

You can't beat the classics, you can only destroy them. -Kermit

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You know, I realized my thoughts on MWoO can be summed up with one of Kermit's quotes.

You can't beat the classics, you can only destroy them. -Kermit
Which leads me to my world famous quote:

Kermit says that you can't beat the classics, you can only destroy them.. Well, TMM is a classic, and its sequel, GMC, is a film that some people like better.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Which leads me to my world famous quote:

Kermit says that you can't beat the classics, you can only destroy them.. Well, TMM is a classic, and its sequel, GMC, is a film that some people like better.
You do not get my point, I love GMC more than TMM myself, but my point was that MWoO was a remake of a classic, while GMC was an indirect sequel, you are not making a fair comparision.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You do not get my point, I love GMC more than TMM myself, but my point was that MWoO was a remake of a classic, while GMC was an indirect sequel, you are not making a fair comparision.
Oh, I get it... Yeah, MWoO SUUUCCCKKKKEEEDDDD. And, it's my friend's favorite Muppet movie. ( facepalm)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Oh, I get it... Yeah, MWoO SUUUCCCKKKKEEEDDDD. And, it's my friend's favorite Muppet movie. ( facepalm)
So, is your friend really a muppet fan, or does your friend just watch them, because you asked your friend to watch the films?