Playhouse Muppet Videos

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Also, in case you keep missing my posts about this, I found an uploaded copy of Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff. The only downside is that this person's DVR was acting when he/she uploaded the video, so there are a good number of skips and whatnot throughout the video and it cuts off right after the Koozbanian Mating Ritual. I hope you don't miss the link this time!

https://archive.org/details/VintageCartoonsAndRareShows
Yeah, I've seen it. Looks like it's a download thing. Not really sure about downloading it.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen it. Looks like it's a download thing. Not really sure about downloading it.
Oh no, don't worry about downloading- all you have to do is click on "Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff[full] 47:40" and then it will play. Trust me, unless it's a different story with your computer, I guarantee that it will work.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's something that's been online for a few years... The opening trailers on the UK release of Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff, including individual promos for The Kermit and Piggy Story and Muppet Moments.

These promos are a bit odd... There's no voice-over, and we mainly get a few samples of certain scenes. Almost like that "preview other Sesame Street videos" feature on Sony Wonder releases, or the feature on iTunes where you can preview a short clip, only multiple clips. Some things are odd... Like for The Kermit and Piggy Story, they chose an out-of-context clip where somebody gets karate-chopped for asking Miss Piggy if she works there, with no clips where it's said that she was fired. And for Muppet Moments, the beginning of the Sax and Violence clip is shown... But the promo also showed the last second of the intro before the clip began, so people see an explosion in the attic and then the fade to that clip.

I wonder if Virgin Video had promos for all of the Playhouse Videos that were released by Virgin in the UK.

Interestingly, while those video promos just show a selection of clips, it also includes the full openings to Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies, without saying anything about video releases. I guess that's an upside to these videos not having The Muppet Show opening.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Don't forget how during The Kermit and Piggy Story preview they chose to show the scene from "True Love" of the gorilla and crocodile's lines despite Piggy not being included on that part.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Here's something that's been online for a few years... The opening trailers on the UK release of Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff, including individual promos for The Kermit and Piggy Story and Muppet Moments.

These promos are a bit odd... There's no voice-over, and we mainly get a few samples of certain scenes. Almost like that "preview other Sesame Street videos" feature on Sony Wonder releases, or the feature on iTunes where you can preview a short clip, only multiple clips. Some things are odd... Like for The Kermit and Piggy Story, they chose an out-of-context clip where somebody gets karate-chopped for asking Miss Piggy if she works there, with no clips where it's said that she was fired. And for Muppet Moments, the beginning of the Sax and Violence clip is shown... But the promo also showed the last second of the intro before the clip began, so people see an explosion in the attic and then the fade to that clip.

I wonder if Virgin Video had promos for all of the Playhouse Videos that were released by Virgin in the UK.

Interestingly, while those video promos just show a selection of clips, it also includes the full openings to Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies, without saying anything about video releases. I guess that's an upside to these videos not having The Muppet Show opening.
I've seen a few previews like this. For example, the VHS of A Goofy Movie has a music video for Parachute Express that's disguised as a trailer.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump. It seems like every time I browse through the VHS sections of Thrift Stores, I keep seeing multiple tapes made by Playhouse Video and sadly none of them are the 10 Muppet videos they made. Obviously, it kinda makes me wonder how popular the Muppet videos were back then compared to the non-Muppet videos by Playhouse.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thread bump. It seems like every time I browse through the VHS sections of Thrift Stores, I keep seeing multiple tapes made by Playhouse Video and sadly none of them are the 10 Muppet videos they made. Obviously, it kinda makes me wonder how popular the Muppet videos were back then compared to the non-Muppet videos by Playhouse.
Same here. I constantly find used copies of various movies and Fairie Tale Theater videos, and more occasionally find the Dr. Seuss videos (but I saw those at more video stores than the Muppet ones).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to say happy birthday, and that I hope you have a really good one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw a picture of the back cover of Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook, and noticed in the back cover summary, it asks "Will Kermit get Fozzie to paint the scenery?" So is that a big plot point/running gag in that video? Is Fozzie supposed to be painting scenery but instead spends his time looking through his scrapbook? And does he end up painting the scenery?