If they can do it with a Soda?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Some of you may have heard or had a soda here in the US produced by the Coke-a-Cola company back in the late 90's early 00's called Surge. The company had stopped making the soda for several years upsetting die hard Surge fans. Some of those die hard fans started a small movement and called it The Surge Movement, and over the years it has grown to a nation wide event where thousands of folks would call the company and ask to bring Surge back. Coke has finally responded and is going to be selling Surge once again on the internet!

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/sto...-brand-now-available-exclusively-on-amazoncom

If they can do it with a soda, then why can we not seem to get it together and let our voices be heard about the Muppet Show Seasons Four and Five?

Sure we have had little petitions on change.org, and some die hard fans will send an e mail to Disney, but nothing has been done, and I think one reason is because the fans voice is to quite.

I honestly feel that we Muppet fans need to unite and come up with a strategy so that Disney will hear our voice! The question is who is with me?

Eyeball

Reaction score
I'm in, never heard of surge or its movement but it seems like a good template to follow.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thank you!

The fact that you are the only person to even comment on this show me one of two things.

1. People don't care about the Muppets as they use to or......

2. People think no matter how organized a movement that Disney will not listen.

The only thing I can hope is that both 1 and 2 are wrong, and that with a strong and more organized movement we the fans can get The Muppet Show released somehow.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome, you actually won out, and I am in for sure, we jsut need to do something larger than online petitions or e-mailing Disney, maybe everyone calls Disney at one time everyday, and complains about the topic.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome, you actually won out, and I am in for sure, we jsut need to do something larger than online petitions or e-mailing Disney, maybe everyone calls Disney at one time everyday, and complains about the topic.
I have the phone number for Disney Home Entertainment in my phone, but have yet to start calling them about the show. I started A Facebook group with a new E-mail address as well. Here is a link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/658627787585349/

I'm going to start an event for November 1st to challenge one or more people from each of the 50 states to call Disney on that day. Asking to please release The two final seasons of the Muppet Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On the subject of whether or not Disney will release the remaining seasons, I've noticed that now seems to be a good time for DVD releases of shows previously unavailable due to rights issues. The Wonder Years and Batman are finally getting their long-awaited DVD releases, and I've read that the entire WKRP in Cincinatti will get a DVD release with most of the music cleared (the first season had previously been released with replaced music). Maybe we'll finally get it soon, though those releases mentioned above are being released by Shout and similar collectors-based DVD companies, while the remaining seasons of The Muppet Show will most likely be released by Disney (somehow I don't see Disney licensing the show to Shout).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
On the subject of whether or not Disney will release the remaining seasons, I've noticed that now seems to be a good time for DVD releases of shows previously unavailable due to rights issues. The Wonder Years and Batman are finally getting their long-awaited DVD releases, and I've read that the entire WKRP in Cincinatti will get a DVD release with most of the music cleared (the first season had previously been released with replaced music). Maybe we'll finally get it soon, though those releases mentioned above are being released by Shout and similar collectors-based DVD companies, while the remaining seasons of The Muppet Show will most likely be released by Disney (somehow I don't see Disney licensing the show to Shout).

Does that mean you will be joining the movement?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I have the phone number for Disney Home Entertainment in my phone, but have yet to start calling them about the show. I started A Facebook group with a new E-mail address as well. Here is a link

I'm going to start an event for November 1st to challenge one or more people from each of the 50 states to call Disney on that day. Asking to please release The two final seasons of the Muppet Show.
Wow, you are making this real, and I admire that, TMS is a classic prime time show, and all classics should be available for viewing for a new generation. I will happily participate in the "50 states" thing, just tell me what time to do it, and I will, so all you need now are 49 more states until you are complete, I really hope this works.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score

You can count me in, Dwayne!! This seems like a perfect way to grab Disney's attention. After all, we have been wanting this for years.. And, 1,000+ phone calls will grab their attention. Will it not?