Thoughts on sponsors

Drtooth

Reaction score
Makes me want to find a certain Simpsons clip and post it here.

Yeah, that's not too bad I suppose. Still makes the McDonald's outrage seem petty. Still don't see why those busybodies that whine endlessly about kid's television don't use their time and money to donate to PBS children's programming. Hate how PBS doesn't do that anymore, because we used to get family friendly pledge month specials instead of Self Help programming that's effectively infomercials. Only WORSE since they last longer and get pledge breaks in between. Someone really has to look into that. HEY! How about the aforementioned busybodies? Nah, they're selling adults useless crap. Nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All I remember is Juicy Juice.
You know you're old when you remember when Juicy Juice used to be a sponsor for ARTHUR. Seems like Chuck E. Cheese's is the sole sponsor of almost all PBS Kids shows anymore, and has been for years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hard not to remember. The Juicy Juice thing was a product tie in with characters on the backs of juice boxes. My sister used to ask for them all the time for school.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Rhodes 60 Second Cinnamon Rolls was a sponsor for Arthur in 2004, 2005, and maybe 2006. (I think, I'm not sure)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alls I remember was ARTHUR used to be sponsored by Juicy Juice, Baby Gap, Polaroid (remember, back in those days when disposable cameras were, like, really cool?), and Alpha-Bits (remember when that used to exist?) I think Lego sponsored the show during the season where Arthur's balls dropped.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Alls I remember was ARTHUR used to be sponsored by Juicy Juice, Baby Gap, Polaroid (remember, back in those days when disposable cameras were, like, really cool?), and Alpha-Bits (remember when that used to exist?) I think Lego sponsored the show during the season where Arthur's balls dropped.
This is Part 6 of It's Only Rock and Roll. I cannot find separate funding credits.

Includes the very rare Post Alpha Bits Making Friends funding credit.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Alpha Bits are actually still around, unfortunately sponsoring Super Why. They're probably not available in your area anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess not, because I haven't seen Alpha-Bits in years. And it's been twice as long since I've seen Marshmallow Alpha-Bits, which I liked better.

Matter of fact, Berry-Berry Kix comes and goes in my area all the time, but when they brought it back recently and changed it, I was turned off... at least with Halloween approaching, they'll soon be bringing back Frankenberry which tastes like what Berry-Berry Kix used to taste like, only with marshmallows (and turnin' yore milk pank).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Alpha Bits are actually still around, unfortunately sponsoring Super Why. They're probably not available in your area anymore.
They're barely available in mine, and I heard they changed the formula so it tastes terrible.

Yeah... Super Why... if all the things not to be available in certain areas, I wish it was that instead of the cereal. Actually, kinda surprised POST wasn't one of Sesame Street's sponsors for having those very limited edition, not too tasty Sesame Breakfast cereals.