Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, I would love some legit Courage merchandise! But, John himself even once said Courage was never properly merchandised because he's pink, which wouldn't sell well in a boy-dominated market.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Man, I would love some legit Courage merchandise! But, John himself even once said Courage was never properly merchandised because he's pink, which wouldn't sell well in a boy-dominated market.
I would love me Courage merchandise as well as Mac merchandise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but he was a sickly pink!

In the now 90's retro obsessed culture, I'm sure some Courage merchandise would fly if it was mixed CN merchandising. Johnny Bravo and Cow and Chicken didn't really have anything either outside of a kid's meal or something.

I'll say that I'm kinda disappointed that IDW's CN license somehow seems to be expiring after the crossover crisis series. They have way too many licenses, I understand. I'm sure there's something on WB's end that's putting them on a leash. I wish there was a series of monthly one shots, similar to the CN Presents line. I'm glad we got some one shots with the crossover series. Thankfully none of them that &^%$ Gym Monkey show, which would be a waste. Still wonder why Courage wasn't an obvious given for the one shots, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheep also had a kid's meal line too... I still have General Specific's chopper, somewhere.

The Eds had a little bit more: I got a keychain, and of course they had a couple of video games... then once they got uncanceled they got caught up in a time where CN actually did some decent merchandising for their shows (well, that came with KND unfortunately), I remember CN's website had some really cool EEE stuff like little bendy figures and I think some plushes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
PPG and Dexter (to a lesser extent) started it. I don't think the KND toyline ever took off. They were made by a tenth party company after all. Bandai was supposed to make a Fosters Line but just sat around for the license to expire. There is a shocking amount of Eds merchandise, it's just impossible to find, and I guess most of it's international.

As for current ones, I don't see (outside of the comic books Boom is producing) Gumball or Uncle Grandpa related. Though I did find out they had plush keychains of Gumball in Japan. I mean, if they had some UK exclusive stuff it's a UK animated show after all. I'd say the characters probably don't work in 3-D, but they do have walkabouts of Gumball and Darwin.

Anyway, the only Courage stuff I remember was a bendie thing that you had to buy an expensive thing of kid's sun block, one of those dumb juice squeezy bottles with a figure on top (I have that one), and a cereal premium top (which I also got the whole set of through a mail away Kebler promotion). Also had Johnny Bravo in that set (Dexter and Dee Dee rounded it off).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, PPG and Dexter were really the main exception, given that they were CN's biggest hits, so CN was really cashing in on their popularity; but yes, I remember when PPG merchandise started popping up on the shelves at Walmart shortly after the series started, and likewise, I remember when Blockbuster was still in business, they had Dexter playsets (I think I may have even gotten one at one point - I seem to recall it had a large Dexter figure, smaller figures of Dee Dee and Monkey, and a machine that had different microscopic slides you could put in it).

Yeah, I actually did spend the twelve dollars on sunscreen I didn't even need just so I could get my hands on that Courage figure... and I too got the Belly Washer bottle. I think I may have even gotten that cereal top. I also had a fridge magnet someone gave me that I kept in my locker at school... I think it may have come from Poptarts, I don't remember.

I think John sold a couple of t-shirts through Stretch Films in the old days: I think one was of Eustace yelling, "STOOPID DOG!" at Courage, while the other was a Dr. Zalost shirt.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Courage actually had at least one kid's meal line. Back in 2003, Subway sold little plastic toys, one of them with Courage riding a horse (who did that picture, anyway?), as part of a Kids Pack. McDonald's also sold a bunch of PEZ-like toys from CN shows, and Courage was one of them. There's an old auction somewhere online that has all the toys from Subway's line.

Also, D'Snowth...you should check out this page of Courage merchandise. The "YOU STOOPID DOG!" t-shirt is on there, including a couple of others. The magnet you mentioned is there, too!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes I remember that old site, the webmaster frequently spoke with people who actually worked for the show, including Marty Grabstein and Jody Gray.

Speaking of which, in one of John's interviews on YT, he says to this day, after all these years, Jody and Andy Ezrin are still trying to strike up an agreement with CN to release a CD soundtrack to Courage (or the music scoring, at least). If it hasn't happened after all these years, I doubt it'll ever happen, but that's some persistence for you.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered at how it's Halloween season, the time when the show is most commonly broadcast nowadays, yet there is only one scheduled rerun of an episode (Oct. 19th) within the next two weeks? And it's on Boomerang, which was broadcasting the show nearly every weekday a year ago. So what's the deal?

Also, any word on if the new short is going to air on Cartoon Network soon?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the various different interviews with Dilly that I've listened to, Turner has pretty much said that THE FOG OF COURAGE will air on Halloween.