Happy Birthday Matt Vogel!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's what I put on Facebook: Today is the 44th birthday of Muppeteer Matt Vogel! Matt started with The Muppets in 1996. His first big break came when he was chosen to be Caroll Spinney's understudy for Big Bird on Sesame Street. If you remember watching Journey to Ernie, he was Big Bird for all those segments. Then in 2008, when Jerry Nelson retired, he personally hand-picked Matt to take over his Muppet Show characters like Floyd, Robin, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and so on. When Jerry passed away, Matt toke over his most famous role, the Count von Count. Matt also created 2 new characters for the Muppets. In the 2011 Muppet movie, he was the hilarious '80s Robot. He also stared in Muppets Most Wanted, where he played the fantastic villain Constantine. To celebrate Matt, here's Constantine singing my favorite song from Muppets Most Wanted, I'll Get You What You Want. Happy birthday, Matt! PS, I'm really sorry about your dad. May he rest in piece. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkM7EbcTRk,

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Here's what I put on Facebook: Today is the 44th birthday of Muppeteer Matt Vogel! Matt started with The Muppets in 1996. His first big break came when he was chosen to be Caroll Spinney's understudy for Big Bird on Sesame Street. If you remember watching Journey to Ernie, he was Big Bird for all those segments. Then in 2008, when Jerry Nelson retired, he personally hand-picked Matt to take over his Muppet Show characters like Floyd, Robin, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and so on. When Jerry passed away, Matt toke over his most famous role, the Count von Count. Matt also created 2 new characters for the Muppets. In the 2011 Muppet movie, he was the hilarious '80s Robot. He also stared in Muppets Most Wanted, where he played the fantastic villain Constantine. To celebrate Matt, here's Constantine singing my favorite song from Muppets Most Wanted, I'll Get You What You Want. Happy birthday, Matt! PS, I'm really sorry about your dad. May he rest in piece. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkM7EbcTRk,
I didn't realize he was born 1 year after Sesame Street came out!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Happy birthday Matt Vogel, thank you for reviving Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and many more, and thank you for bringing Constantine and 80's Robot to life, and I hope you keep puppeteering for as long as you can.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
This also gives me the opportunity to share the best photo ever:

Hehe..

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Happy belated birthday Matt!!:sing: You will always be #1 to us!!:wink: