MUPPETS Screenwriter Nicholas Stoller Says THE MUPPETS Might Be Coming Back to TV

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think I posted the link for that in one of the other threads...but ehh I doubt another movie is in the works anytime soon.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know, the more I think about this, the more I see that Stoller was just making rumors. He was simply trying to get his and our hopes up. Why would Disney be working on a new muppet show when the movie failed? It's going to take more than a few months for Disney to forget about that (maybe a decade).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know what, not that it is possible, a new TV show could very much thrive. First off, every random weirdo who does not even know any muppets besides Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Beaker always complain about how Disney needs to make a new muppet show on social media, and those comments always get tons of likes, secondly it is the muppets, people have been dying for a new muppet show, and there are so many fans out there. If they ever made a new muppet show this is what they should do, have 2 TMS episodes on from 7-8pm on Sunday, and then have a 1-hour premiere of the new muppet show, two episodes, now tell me that would not get double digit ratings.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A new Muppet Show would be great, and I think people are ready for it. There are two things that would have to be key though.

1. Kermit would have to be the host, main Muppet.

2. they would need to focus on the main cast original Muppet Show cast.

They keep those two things and then a new show would be fine.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It seems that just because JHH and MT failed then people think that is what will happen to a new muppet show. JHH first off was not even a real muppet show, and it was way too expiremental to get a pass, plus the deadly timeslot. MT was made at a time when people thought without Jim the muppets could not do anything, and just because Kermit was not the host people went on temper tantrums and badmouthed the show. Now with social media and Kermit front and center, how could it end up being cancelled as quick as JHH or MT? I think if they have the show be more of a sitcom then it could work well, unless auidences would want the classic TMS formula which would be awesome, either way a new muppet show may not make it past one season, but it is not out of the question, plus if the show did succed, and they released it on DVD it might encourage Disney to do the same with a certain other muppet show's final two seasons.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Honestly, "a new Muppet Show" probably would get cancelled during the first season; IF it copied the original Muppet Show too close. If it was still a sketch based show, but had some large differences, it COULD work. But in my opinion, and it's JUST an opinion, I'd rather see from Fraggle material rather than another Muppet show. I can NEVER get enough Fraggle Rock. :coy:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Honestly, "a new Muppet Show" probably would get cancelled during the first season; IF it copied the original Muppet Show too close. If it was still a sketch based show, but had some large differences, it COULD work. But in my opinion, and it's JUST an opinion, I'd rather see from Fraggle material rather than another Muppet show. I can NEVER get enough Fraggle Rock. :coy:
There is a new Fraggle Rock show on Hulu called "Doozers", so there is still more of the rock, but even if it lasted one season than it would still be great.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
There is a new Fraggle Rock show on Hulu called "Doozers", so there is still more of the rock, but even if it lasted one season than it would still be great.
Isn't "Doozers" JUST DOOZERS though? I meant more with the Fraggles. :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Isn't "Doozers" JUST DOOZERS though? I meant more with the Fraggles. :stick_out_tongue:
Well in an article from yesterday where the Jim Henson Company talked about an animated movie with Billy Crystal, they said that they were working on a fraggle rock movie.