Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok so I read all 28 pages of this thread, and I must say that I think the rise and fall of this idea was the website.
Although I think Greenville would be a great place to have it. I found this: https://www.disneymeetings.com/

Now something like this would cost money, how much money I'm not sure but this would seem like the nicest place to do something like this.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I think part of the reason it was halted was because of possible copyright issues with Disney and the Henson companies.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I say, we do it.. And, in typical Muppet fashion, it should be held at one of the landmark Muppet places in the world. Heck, we could even have it held at The Jim Henson Company, if they let us! No, no.... It could be held in everyone's dream Muppet place to go to... FRANK OZ'S HOUSE!!!!!!! ( leaves)

Ambitious Muppet.. Always with the jokes..

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think part of the reason it was halted was because of possible copyright issues with Disney and the Henson companies.
I really don't think that should be an issue. The folks over at toughpigs do Muppet Vaults where they show different thing from the Muppet/Henson collection, and I don't think they have any issues with copyrighting.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I really don't think that should be an issue. The folks over at toughpigs do Muppet Vaults where they show different thing from the Muppet/Henson collection, and I don't think they have any issues with copyrighting.
Yes, but do they mix elements such as Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street in those Vaults? I think that was part of the issue.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes, but do they mix elements such as Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street in those Vaults? I think that was part of the issue.
If they don't then maybe if we started this idea we would not do that as well. We could however try and reach out to the Jim Henson Legacy. They just might be the group that would be willing to help.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I'm being really ambitious right now, but Jim was always ambitious and he got his way a lot. Right? If they did make a new Muppet convention, I think it should be sort of reminiscent of Comic Con, except it would be called Muppet Con!!!!! It would be held every year, and it would be an event that would perhaps go on for 5 days to a week. The panels would include screenings of Muppet movies, panels with Muppet performers signing autographs, as well as puppetry classes that are taught by the Muppet performers. It would be held at a pretty big hotel, with one of the floors in the hotel specially reserved. Every year, the highlight of the event would be " THE MUPPET SHOW LIVE!" If only Phillip and Cindy would make this happen, I would be the happiest guy in the world..

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm being really ambitious right now, but Jim was always ambitious and he got his way a lot. Right? If they did make a new Muppet convention, I think it should be sort of reminiscent of Comic Con, except it would be called Muppet Con!!!!! It would be held every year, and it would be an event that would perhaps go on for 5 days to a week. The panels would include screenings of Muppet movies, panels with Muppet performers signing autographs, as well as puppetry classes that are taught by the Muppet performers. It would be held at a pretty big hotel, with one of the floors in the hotel specially reserved. Every year, the highlight of the event would be " THE MUPPET SHOW LIVE!" If only Phillip and Cindy would make this happen, I would be the happiest guy in the world..
Yes Jim was like and and sometimes he bit off more then he could chew. I would love to see some sort of Muppet/Henson gathering, and it become a huge once a year thing. Just think what that could do for the Muppet Movement! If you look at the link I posted from Walt Disney meetings, they would have everything we would need and then some to do a Muppet con right. I know the original idea was for Greenville, but I'm not sure they would have the right avenue for such a meeting to take place.

If you ask me, I think that if there are people who are really interested in doing something like this then we start over and work on some more solid goals.

EDIT: I also found this which i glanced over and has some great info on how to plan something like this.

http://www.bktsc.org/files/Tips_on_Hosting_a_Conference.pdf

Last edited:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Yes Jim was like and and sometimes he bit off more then he could chew. I would love to see some sort of Muppet/Henson gathering, and it become a huge once a year thing. Just think what that could do for the Muppet Movement! If you look at the link I posted from Walt Disney meetings, they would have everything we would need and then some to do a Muppet con right. I know the original idea was for Greenville, but I'm not sure they would have the right avenue for such a meeting to take place.

If you ask me, I think that if there are people who are really interested in doing something like this then we start over and work on some more solid goals.

EDIT: I also found this which i glanced over and has some great info on how to plan something like this.

http://www.bktsc.org/files/Tips_on_Hosting_a_Conference.pdf
I think we should get together a core group of people who could make this happen and go from there ( 9 members with Phillip, 9 members with The Count, 9 members with Cindy, etc.) on PMs and we would each have different jobs to do. Cindy's group could help find a location of where we could hold the Muppet convention. Ed's group could decide what panels we would have. Phillip's group would decide if we would have the convention. We still have so much steps to do, but I think it's very truly possible.