Classic Sesame Street episodes now available on the "Sesame Go" streaming service

zhelder

Reaction score
I see that Sesame Workshop has now introduced a streaming video service called Sesame Go. While there's plenty of information about how much the service costs ($3.99 per month or $29.99 per year), there is no info on the site about the specific content the service provides.

Does anyone know how many classic episodes (1989 and older) are available on the service? For $30 a year, they should be providing access to the entire Sesame Workshop/CTW archive - and I'd gladly pay that for access to such a treasure trove of classic children's television shows. But I have a feeling the content is extremely limited, especially for older stuff.

Does anyone have an inside scoop?

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many classic episodes (1989 and older) are available on the service? For $30 a year, they should be providing access to the entire Sesame Workshop/CTW archive - and I'd gladly pay that for access to such a treasure trove of classic children's television shows. But I have a feeling the content is extremely limited, especially for older stuff.
It's only the 24 episodes made available on iTunes under the "Sesame Street Classics" sets. So, if you can watch them all in a month, it's probably more cost effective to do it through the SesameGo service (plus, you can watch the modern stuff too if you're inclined), or you can own them all for about $40 through iTunes.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's only the 24 episodes made available on iTunes under the "Sesame Street Classics" sets. So, if you can watch them all in a month, it's probably more cost effective to do it through the SesameGo service (plus, you can watch the modern stuff too if you're inclined), or you can own them all for about $40 through iTunes.
What seasons of Sesame Street are on Sesame Go?

hooperfan

Reaction score
Man, I sure hope Sesame Workshop will unleash some more "classic" episodes in the future...

Drtooth

Reaction score
What seasons of Sesame Street are on Sesame Go?
You quoted your own answer.

Yeah... I want to be supportive of this, it's probably a good thing for Sesame Workshop if they add other shows owned by them as well as more Sesame Street episodes... but this is the bug up my butt I have about paid streaming. You have to pay per site. And everything you want to see is split up into other sites. I'd rather see SW add more classic episodes to Netflix, myself.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You quoted your own answer.

Yeah... I want to be supportive of this, it's probably a good thing for Sesame Workshop if they add other shows owned by them as well as more Sesame Street episodes... but this is the bug up my butt I have about paid streaming. You have to pay per site. And everything you want to see is split up into other sites. I'd rather see SW add more classic episodes to Netflix, myself.
Whoops. :embarrassed:

I didn't mean to quote my own post.

Erine81981

Reaction score
We are having a free Preview of HBO and so when I find out sometimes I'll try and watch the newer shows (as in the new season) but I missed the first episode of Season 48. So I'm a little mad but here's what makes me more angry is that when looking up shows on the search (Dish Network) I find other showings right? Yes right but here's what I hate. The last time this happened I thought "OH MY GOSH! They are showing other classic shows," (other then the ones that are already posted on the Wiki page) and so I set my DVR to record and found out they weren't what the distribution said at all.

So I wanted to search again to look for if I could catch the new season 48 premiere again and went to look at all shows that were going to be coming up. Well it happened again. It shows that some Season 2 episodes were going to be showing Next Sunday and I went online to HBO and looked at their schedule and NOPE! I wished that Dish would get their info right on their showings. I thought once again I had found some classic showing that I could have gotten for other traders BUT OH **** NO!!!! Makes me so really ANGRY!

I just wish that Sesame Workshop would start streaming or have a two hour block on PBS or HBO Family to show older classic episodes. I know I would pay or start releasing them on DVD sets. I'm tired of Sesame Workshop not trying to reach other demographic with their classic stuff other then YouTube or other sites. I want FULL ON SHOWS! Sorry for my ranting.

The bad thing is I do a lot of trading with one guy and I should be happy to get to see those (and I don't ever take the time to sit down and watch them) I watch them when I'm going to bed and then I have to watch them again if I fall asleep. That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading this if you did or if you passed it up cause of it being so darn long. Sorry for that.

ssetta

Reaction score
We are having a free Preview of HBO and so when I find out sometimes I'll try and watch the newer shows (as in the new season) but I missed the first episode of Season 48. So I'm a little mad but here's what makes me more angry is that when looking up shows on the search (Dish Network) I find other showings right? Yes right but here's what I hate. The last time this happened I thought "OH MY GOSH! They are showing other classic shows," (other then the ones that are already posted on the Wiki page) and so I set my DVR to record and found out they weren't what the distribution said at all.

So I wanted to search again to look for if I could catch the new season 48 premiere again and went to look at all shows that were going to be coming up. Well it happened again. It shows that some Season 2 episodes were going to be showing Next Sunday and I went online to HBO and looked at their schedule and NOPE! I wished that Dish would get their info right on their showings. I thought once again I had found some classic showing that I could have gotten for other traders BUT OH **** NO!!!! Makes me so really ANGRY!

I just wish that Sesame Workshop would start streaming or have a two hour block on PBS or HBO Family to show older classic episodes. I know I would pay or start releasing them on DVD sets. I'm tired of Sesame Workshop not trying to reach other demographic with their classic stuff other then YouTube or other sites. I want FULL ON SHOWS! Sorry for my ranting.

The bad thing is I do a lot of trading with one guy and I should be happy to get to see those (and I don't ever take the time to sit down and watch them) I watch them when I'm going to bed and then I have to watch them again if I fall asleep. That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading this if you did or if you passed it up cause of it being so darn long. Sorry for that.
HBO does have 24 classic episodes available, though most are from the 90s and even the 2000s. They are the same ones they have had since they first picked up SS in 2016 and have not added anymore since then. I keep wondering if and when they will add anymore. It's possible that they may when the 50th anniversary comes around. And they do occasionally air them on HBO Family, but not on a regular basis.

Erine81981

Reaction score
What episodes are on there?
Just to let you know that most are Noggin versions and not PBS versions. The Noggin ones cut some skits or songs from the airing back in the day they showed these episodes but I believe some are complete but I don't know which ones. I know that the "Birdy Pox Episode", Opening Of "The Park from Around" The Corner Season Premiere and I can't remember how many others. I don't have HBO so I can only tell you what I can remember from the Free Preview when we get it.