Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah well again people here is the big issues that need to be tackled not only do you have a crap load of legal bridges to cross over but to even pull off something like this is gonna take money! Without those two things ain't nothing gonna happen.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Money??? I thought money grew on trees oh no wait that is Cookies :insatiable::insatiable:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If we started a kickstarter I'm sure the money would slowly start to come in, we would just need a set price and things.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Kickstarter could be a good place to start, actually. I have friends who are working on a documentary of the Rocky Horror cult and it started with an online crowd funding site and has escalated. And look, so did the I Am Big Bird film, and now they have a distributor! Maybe a Kickstarter campaign, if it attracts enough attention would get the folks at Henson and Disney to take it more seriously.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree 1000000% because with a kickstarter it would be putting a foundation on the wonderful idea that this is. then we would have to start slamming the social media and start getting the word out there!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So I think the question now is how far did you all get on a location?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well like I said we were considering Leland, Mississippi but when talking to Ryan he suggested Atlanta, GA because the Puppetry Center is there and everything is in pretty good walking distance. Plus Steve Whitmire lives there so it was like a no brainer after that. And I did get in contact with someone that used to work there she is a friend of Ryan's but that's as far as we got. All of us got caught up in real life stuff and that was it.

We were gonna get in touch with ToughPigs and ask how they go about doing their events but never made it that far.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well like I said we were considering Leland, Mississippi but when talking to Ryan he suggested Atlanta, GA because the Puppetry Center is there and everything is in pretty good walking distance. Plus Steve Whitmire lives there so it was like a no brainer after that. And I did get in contact with someone that used to work there she is a friend of Ryan's but that's as far as we got. All of us got caught up in real life stuff and that was it.

We were gonna get in touch with ToughPigs and ask how they go about doing their events but never made it that far.
I did not contact the guys at toughpigs but I did look at one of there event pages. From the looks of it what they are charging for is for admission. Which means they rented out the place where they hold the event then charge 8 dollars to get in. here is a link to the place where they throw there events.

http://www.unionhallny.com/

Now if you look at the page it is not a very family friendly environment.In fact no one under 21 is allowed at the tough pig events.

Now after looking at this I kind of see what they may be doing, is throwing a glorified party. While showing Muppet things having games, trivia, and food. So if we want something like that it would almost seem easy to do, but I would think we should try and find a more family friendly place to do it.

EDIT>...............................

I also found the Center for Puppetry arts page and they have some very nice halls, at reasonable prices, plus it is a more family environment

http://www.centerforpuppetryarts.com/spec/rentals.shtml

Last edited: