The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I am going to try to call before the end of the day, I hope I get a good response, I will explain what happened after I call Disney.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Even if only two or more people called I'm still going to call today a success. Because anything that is wroth doing takes time, and should be done right. With that being said I'm not sure if we should hold another event so soon, but we need to do something more to get people in the habit of calling more frequently.

We need to work on getting the word out there to fans who may not know of the Facebook page or are members of Muppet Central. To have ad's run on Facebook the cheapest price they have is $5.00 a day, but when you add that up that $40.00-$45.00 a week, which is way to much money at least for me. I'm not going to ask any of our followers for money for that because I just don't think it would be worth it.

There are a group of people trying to get a convention going, and I'm trying to get involved with that to maybe help boost the word of the movement.

I also would like some stories and things to post on the blog, and facebook page. because just asking people to call in and what state are they from is not working to well, and I think we can do better.

I believe that today was a good start, sure it wasn't the 50 calls I wanted, but it was a good start none the less. I want to thank everyone on here for there support you all have been so great, and I just hope that all our hard work will one day pay off and we can watch the Muppet Show season 4 together! :smile:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I didn't end up being able to call yesterday, but I'll still try to do it sometime this week, probably Thursday.

Has anyone contacted JD Hansel from the Eleven Point Collar podcast and Steve Swanson about this? If not, we need to. Both of them would be totally on board with this and more than willing promote it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I didn't end up being able to call yesterday, but I'll still try to do it sometime this week, probably Thursday.

Has anyone contacted JD Hansel from the Eleven Point Collar podcast and Steve Swanson about this? If not, we need to. Both of them would be totally on board with this and more than willing promote it.
I contacted Steve and he really did not say much, and I also contacted the Muppet Mindset which they said where in full support of the movement, but I have yet to see anything mentioned on there page. I think I'll write up a little blog post for them and then send it in. As for JD Hansel I'm not familiar with him or his podcast, but will look into that today, and try and reach out.

As far as not calling yesterday, that is fine. Now that the first event is over and done with I'm sifting the movement's focus, and trying to get folks more in the habit of calling once a day, or at least once a week.

I also found that on my second call they did not ask for a lot of my information like with the first call. all they asked was the correct spelling of my name, which made the second call a whole lot shorter then the first one. What I'm thinking is when they took my name all my other info came up which is good, because that means they saved my information from the first call.

I also would like to thank everyone for calling and for your support. You all are the ones that make this movement happen.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Contest Time: We are looking for the best flyer design! We are wanting to have printable flyers for people to be able to print and hand out to people sharing what the movement is and about. Here are the rules:

1. The flyer must have the Muppet Movement's name Facebook page and E-mail address

2. It must be printable from a home pc in ether color or black and white

3. Be creative

4. Send in your entries to themuppetmovement@gmail.com

5. entry's must be entered in no later then January 19,2015 .the winner will be chosen on January 31, 2015

The prize: having your design used as the official Muppet Movement flyer, and the Muppet Movement will buy one Muppet DVD, or CD of the winner's choice.
Now let's get designing!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Contest Time: We are looking for the best flyer design! We are wanting to have printable flyers for people to be able to print and hand out to people sharing what the movement is and about. Here are the rules:

1. The flyer must have the Muppet Movement's name Facebook page and E-mail address

2. It must be printable from a home pc in ether color or black and white

3. Be creative

4. Send in your entries to themuppetmovement@gmail.com

5. entry's must be entered in no later then January 19,2015 .the winner will be chosen on January 31, 2015

The prize: having your design used as the official Muppet Movement flyer, and the Muppet Movement will buy one Muppet DVD, or CD of the winner's choice.
Now let's get designing!
Awesome, I am going to get started. Also, here's a great idea of how to talk to Disney next time. Start with asking them if they know John Denver, Crystal Gale, Sheilds and Yarnell, Dyan Cannon etc. then say they have all been done wrong, because none of their performances have been released on DVD. Seems like a good call stragety.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I contacted Steve and he really did not say much, and I also contacted the Muppet Mindset which they said where in full support of the movement, but I have yet to see anything mentioned on there page. I think I'll write up a little blog post for them and then send it in. As for JD Hansel I'm not familiar with him or his podcast, but will look into that today, and try and reach out.

As far as not calling yesterday, that is fine. Now that the first event is over and done with I'm sifting the movement's focus, and trying to get folks more in the habit of calling once a day, or at least once a week.

I also found that on my second call they did not ask for a lot of my information like with the first call. all they asked was the correct spelling of my name, which made the second call a whole lot shorter then the first one. What I'm thinking is when they took my name all my other info came up which is good, because that means they saved my information from the first call.

I also would like to thank everyone for calling and for your support. You all are the ones that make this movement happen.
You must also tell people to tell Disney to forward all this stuff to the music copyright holders and celebrity estates, since that's the real reason for the hold-up of Seasons 4 and 5. Besides, the rights-holders and estates would be missing out by saying no to any and all negotiations Disney may attempt with them, since the outside parties would also make money and receive royalties for the releases and the usage of the songs, guest stars, etc.

Please tell folks to mention all this when they call and write to Disney. The rights-holders are the ones we REALL need to go after, not so much Disney themselves in this scenario, because Disney DOES want to release Seasons 4 and 5, but certain music and estate owners just seem to refuse to budge and grant Disney the licenses that they need.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Things seem to have gotten quiet on this all of a sudden.

Dwayne, if I could make a suggestion, I think maybe you should try to form a relationship with Muppets Studio insiders (including Lylle Brier), just like SecretSquirrel and Greg James of The Muppet Newsflash blog did. Get direct email addresses and phone numbers for The Muppets Studio and contact them directly for information and try to form relations with them.

That's one great way to keep things moving ahead. And with Greg James, Phillip Chapman, Steve Swanson, Ryan Dosier, et al. not contacting their sources (and, in some cases, being too :cluck: to do so), I think it's time for someone to step up and do it in their place. And I think you'd be the perfect one for the job, Dwayne. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

Dwayne, if I could make a suggestion, I think maybe you should try to form a relationship with Muppets Studio insiders (including Lylle Brier), just like SecretSquirrel and Greg James of The Muppet Newsflash blog did. Get direct email addresses and phone numbers for The Muppets Studio and contact them directly for information and try to form relations with them.

That's one great way to keep things moving ahead. And with Greg James, Phillip Chapman, Steve Swanson, Ryan Dosier, et al. not contacting their sources (and, in some cases, being too :cluck: to do so), I think it's time for someone to step up and do it in their place. And I think you'd be the perfect one for the job, Dwayne. Just a thought.
Absolute nonsense. Speaking from experience, when you gain that sort of a relationship with such sources, the last thing you want to do is tick them off with annoying questions like that. Trust me, these guys know what they're doing, and whatever is the hold up on Season 4-5, annoying them with these questions aren't going to help anything.

If that's all you're going to do by forming a relationship with these people, it won't get you very far.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Absolute nonsense. Speaking from experience, when you gain that sort of a relationship with such sources, the last thing you want to do is tick them off with annoying questions like that. Trust me, these guys know what they're doing, and whatever is the hold up on Season 4-5, annoying them with these questions aren't going to help anything.

If that's all you're going to do by forming a relationship with these people, it won't get you very far.

In some way I agree with both of you.....I still believe in the movement, but it really has not gone anywhere. I'm kind of at the point right now where I step back and look at what we have done, and evaluate and figure out a better solution.
I think that if Disney where to come out and say the reasons for the delay or if they are planning on doing anything then fans would be able to react a lot differently. If it was for music right alone, then I'm sure if we started a kick starter, or something we could help make that a reality. However I think there is more to it then just the music rights. there not releasing these for some unknown reason, and I personally think that is what bugs fans the most.
As for people who have connections with Disney, and Muppet Studios from interviews and things that I have read they avoid talking about the Muppet Show seasons, and I honestly have no idea why.
As for me starting a relationship with the high up's with the Muppets, I would love to, and I would love to be able to bring reviews, and interviews, and stories to fans from inside, but sadly with the exception of Ryan Dozer, I have lost touch with all my old contacts such as Jim Lewis, and Greg James, and it has been very challenging to go beyond them since I don't know anyone else.