An Ultimatum

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been calling on this site since the last update that we NEED desperate reforms to this board. We've been hit with nothing but spam and trolls that we thought we got rid of, but BIG surprise, are still here and back better than ever. Bottom line... WE NEED BANS! Automatic, instant sweeping bans!

I do NOT want to be that guy, but I've got my foot out the door here. I don't need to be called out by dangerously insane, should be behind bars trolls for nothing I did because this site can't automatically ban and isp block anymore. We need big changes to keep forum damaging posters out, even if it scares off potential new members! If not, don't be surprised if more loyal members just up and leave.

I really don't want to cast blame on anyone, and the mods are working as hard as possible. But we NEED change and we need it desperately. The fandom is small, yes, but even a small fanbase deserves better than this.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree not only are they slandering well respected members, but the language and content that they are posting is rated R at best. This is not good, because thanks to the new Muppet movies more younger members have been joining, and we should not want this site to be blacklisted because of the fowl language that is being posted.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say the language is more like ultra-sextuple X rated than anything, but that's exactly the point I'm making. While the whole "The Muppets aren't just for kids" viewpoint is seen beyond the fanbase, we still get young teenagers on this site. I'm pretty sure no 13 year old wants to open up the site and get hate mail that's horrifying and damaging (I can't even say they're disgusting... disgusting passed by the first time).

And what's to stop this insane individual with a history and future of disturbing behavior from making (and excuse this expression on a Muppet site) sock puppet accounts?

And even without him... the constant "watch illegal movie on illegal russian site with the worst Trojan horse viruses known to man" spam. What's to stop the MPAA to come down here and think we're all watching those awful downloads? Yeah, that's a stretch, but they're the MPAA after all.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
We've been saying it for months, and I don't know why Phillip never responds to these requests. We pretty much have just one mod here, and it's impossible to have one mod cover everything. It's just insane. There are plenty of people here on this forum who have been here long enough who would be great moderators.

This forum needs a ton of work, and the management (or whatever is left of it) needs to attend to that.

Also, I know that the XenForo Forums do support the option of instant banning, so I have no idea why it hasn't been instituted here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There are plenty of people here on this forum who have been here long enough who would be great moderators.
I've nominated both Beau and Prawnie for mods many times in the past, but Beau's not as active as he used to be, and I know Prawnie's kind of moved on from MC since the Mindset has grown more and more.

The key to finding a suitable mod for this place would be for somebody who's not only been here for a while, but somebody who's regularly active to take care of business... heck, Drtooth could make an excellent enough mod around here as far as I'm concerned.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I have ideas of who would make excellent moderators around here.

The fact the admins don't take care of this place and are constantly ignoring the site and leaving it to rot is what really got the Mindset to start.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact the admins don't take care of this place and are constantly ignoring the site and leaving it to rot is what really got the Mindset to start.
That and they stopped accepting submissions from fans as far as articles, write-ups, and reviews go.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know part of me thinks that making someone a mpd is a lot harder then we think. At least I hope that's the case,because I myself have wanted to help this forum in any way I can. Even sent private messages asking what it would take,with little or no response. I'm afraid that if things like today keep happening then we are going to lose a lot of well respected members,and lose any credibility we have as a family friendly site.