An Ultimatum

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I didn't realize we had that many trolls and spam recently; I must be missing it somehow, but something should be done. What we really need is someone who is here often and has the time to fix some things. One mod isn't enough in my opinion, but it's just one person's opinion.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And again, we don't need just another mod or more mods... what we need is a global moderator: a mod who has considerably more power than a regular mod to be able to tend to more pressing matters, such as banning people when necessary.
What your talking about though would be a major forum overhaul,am I right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What your talking about though would be a major forum overhaul,am I right?
No. Again, what I'm talking about is we need a moderator who doesn't have the limited powers that Ed does: as Ed has been saying, he can delete posts and threads as necessary, but is powerless to do anything else about the trolls and spammers, and has to wait for Phil to nuke 'em... a global moderator is a kind of moderator who has more privileges to be able to do the things that a regular moderator like Ed can't do, like ban troublemakers when necessary. It wouldn't require overhauling the forum at all.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I agree with what several of the people are saying, including D'Snowth. We have too few moderators here, and we could definitely use a handful more, especially a global one.

And I just thought...is there a way to show that a user is banned? I remember on the old forum, if a user was banned or blocked indefinitely, it would say "Banned" under their username. Can that be implemented here? I think it would be neat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I just thought...is there a way to show that a user is banned? I remember on the old forum, if a user was banned or blocked indefinitely, it would say "Banned" under their username. Can that be implemented here? I think it would be neat.
Considering Ed deletes their posts, that's probably why we don't even notice if they're actually banned or not.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I've been calling on this site since the last update that we NEED desperate reforms to this board. We've been hit with nothing but spam and trolls that we thought we got rid of, but BIG surprise, are still here and back better than ever. Bottom line... WE NEED BANS! Automatic, instant sweeping bans!

I do NOT want to be that guy, but I've got my foot out the door here. I don't need to be called out by dangerously insane, should be behind bars trolls for nothing I did because this site can't automatically ban and isp block anymore. We need big changes to keep forum damaging posters out, even if it scares off potential new members! If not, don't be surprised if more loyal members just up and leave.

I really don't want to cast blame on anyone, and the mods are working as hard as possible. But we NEED change and we need it desperately. The fandom is small, yes, but even a small fanbase deserves better than this.
who is doing this ?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
This site really does need to be overhauled for the sake of keeping it family friendly. I, too, have noticed the alarmingly growing amount of spambots and other annoying parasites of the internet integrating themselves into MC and it really is concerning. I personally agree that a 'global moderator', as you call it, or simply more moderators need to be installed.

Personally, if asked, I'd be more than happy to monitor the happenings in MC. Living in a different time zone to the majority of my fellow members would give me an advantage in that I could deal with issues while the site is quiet.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm not going to say who I think should be A mod or anything. Because it's. A waste of time because nothing will change.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to monitor Muppet Central.
Folks let me address something here. This thread was or is not meant for people to start campaigning themselves to become mods. That desicion will have to come from Philip and the rest of the staff. Its nice that people are willing to help,but right now the staff needs to come up with thereown game plan on how to fix this issue more permitley. Something like this takes a lot of careful planing and time,so please be paitent