Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4508 - Ernie’s Dance Video

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Enjoyed the rest of the story, but it felt kind of short/rushed. A lot of the stories this season have seemed that way.
You know what the problem is? They're purposely making the street stories shorter so they can put something in between them and the WOTD. I don't like it either. If we keep complaining about it, maybe they'll fix it, like when we complained about Muppets not being in the WOTD and MHALL being too long.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know what the problem is? They're purposely making the street stories shorter so they can put something in between them and the WOTD. I don't like it either. If we keep complaining about it, maybe they'll fix it, like when we complained about Muppets not being in the WOTD and MHALL being too long.
I don't have an issue with more inserts; I prefer that actually.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to agree with that. While I do like that they're putting on more segments possible, it shouldn't come out of the street story. Plus, if they're going to rerun footage this early in the season, they actually can show one segment less. Other than a small handful, I've felt the street stories this season were subpar, and some seem written to speak to the younger audiences rather than the older ones which they just got back. Hopefully the rest of the season sees a stark improvement.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I've felt the street stories this season were subpar, and some seem written to speak to the younger audiences rather than the older ones which they just got back.
The second half of that sentence kinda doesn't make sense to me; I know there are a lot of older Sesame fans, and Sesame Workshop seems to realize this and respect it, and post older things on YouTube for this reason (or maybe just because), but isn't Sesame Street directed towards a younger audience? That doesn't mean older fans can't watch it, but I would kinda expect it to be written towards younger viewers. I mean, you could say Sesame Street is one of those rare shows for young kids that appeals to a large age group (which I do see; Blue's Clues appealed to a large age group as well), but it really isn't directed towards old school fans (from what I can see). There are a lot of things that only older fans will get, but if it was made for a higher age group, it might not be on PBS.

Then again.. I could just be majorly over thinking this. :stick_out_tongue: I haven't seen that many episodes in recent years, but I've seen 3 or 4 this season. Things could have changed more than I know; I stopped watching the show regularly around 2010 (I would have continued watching, if I didn't lose my DVR, or it wasn't on while I was at school), so things may have majorly changed since then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The second half of that sentence kinda doesn't make sense to me; I know there are a lot of older Sesame fans, and Sesame Workshop seems to realize this and respect it, and post older things on YouTube for this reason (or maybe just because), but isn't Sesame Street directed towards a younger audience?
By which, I mean of the target demographic. It's no secret that ever since Elmo's World, the audience skewed towards the younger 2-3 year olds rather than the up to 5 year olds that were watching prior. Things like Elmo the Musical, Cookie's Crumby Pictures, and especially their science based curriculum got 4 and 5 year olds back watching the show. The show was leaning towards the older ages in the main demographic. It's a shame that some of the street stories talked down this season. Especially that one about Cookie wanting Abby's wand which as too safe.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
By which, I mean of the target demographic. It's no secret that ever since Elmo's World, the audience skewed towards the younger 2-3 year olds rather than the up to 5 year olds that were watching prior. Things like Elmo the Musical, Cookie's Crumby Pictures, and especially their science based curriculum got 4 and 5 year olds back watching the show. The show was leaning towards the older ages in the main demographic. It's a shame that some of the street stories talked down this season. Especially that one about Cookie wanting Abby's wand which as too safe.
I thought you were talking about old school fans, like people who watched the show as kids years ago. What you were saying now makes sense; the show has lowered their demographic, that's totally noticeable. I haven't seen much recently, and I even notice it. I saw a lot of episodes from the first 2 years Elmo's World aired as a kid (they were recorded on tape for my sister I think), and at the time, it didn't really change the demographic (from what I remember). But I guess something happened after the second year of Elmo's World, or during the second year.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. The D- Dance. I can't believe they actually showed the D-Dance. Sure, it fits with the concept of the episode and the letter D tie in... but that was made 5 years ago. Even then, it was near the end of the iPod commercial's relevance. Do they even make those anymore? They only advertise the iPads and iPhones. That's the problem with SS's parody segments. They take over a year to make the show, and by then a good chunk of the references are dated. But what's worse is when they use something that's been long expired. Like last year's appearance of Preschool Musical. At least with Joe Hundred Guy they knew enough to use it once and discard it from the show before the reference fell out of relevance.

SS really needs to know when a pop culture reference has expired. Lest we wind up seeing Desperate Houseplants again.
I say who cares how relevent this particular parody is. It's still a good song,now them showing something as out dated as Preshool Musical or Desperate Houseplants is definetly a problem