New VeggieTales series "In the House" coming to Netflix Nov. 26, 2014

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like the old designs better.
I never watched Veggietales as a kid. I watched PBS, Nickelodeon, Playhouse Disney, and Disney Channel.
Really?!

I have to admit, I'm 50/50 about the looks, and I agree they should have kept the classic black eye cartoon look over the realistic iris and retina eyes. Though they don't look as bad here as, well, Scooby-Doo, Garfield, and the Smurfs. Even Mr. Peabody looked a little...err...awkward with those things (but probably the better of the bunch).

It's good to know that the original voice actors (or some of them) are in there with the American animation heavy hitters. I like the idea of Tress and Rob being there. Always nice to hear their voices.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I had no idea the lead female was Petunia!:smile: I thought it was that girl from the Beauty and the Beet episode.:stick_out_tongue:
If it was Mirabelle, she would be orange, not green. That's one thing to be positive about: At least they didn't change any of their colors.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope that with this, Turbo, and King Julien's shorts, we'll see more Dreamworks animated shows on Netflix. There was loose talk of a Croods series in the works. I hope if it doesn't find a place on TV (and with Nick screwing over MVA, that's almost a given) it continues there.

I can't stress enough that the big story is that with everything they own, they actually cared to dig this one up and utilize it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really hope that with this, Turbo, and King Julien's shorts, we'll see more Dreamworks animated shows on Netflix. There was loose talk of a Croods series in the works. I hope if it doesn't find a place on TV (and with Nick screwing over MVA, that's almost a given) it continues there.
The 3rd season of the Dragons series will premiere on Netflix, as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The 3rd season of the Dragons series will premiere on Netflix, as well.
Considering how CN fluffed that one up. Really?! Not one marathon to promote the film? Just dumping the entire thing, I see.

Still think MVA could be resurrected if it wasn't part Nickelodeon. It really needed a better finale where they actually dealt with Coverton. Whole show was a misfire. Not that it wasn't good, but the invention of the week format really held the series back. Should have been more Monster of the week anyway.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Still think MVA could be resurrected if it wasn't part Nickelodeon. It really needed a better finale where they actually dealt with Coverton. Whole show was a misfire. Not that it wasn't good, but the invention of the week format really held the series back. Should have been more Monster of the week anyway.
SpongeBob is to blame for any Nickelodeon Dreamworks show being mistreated. It's also the reason why Digimon Fusion only aired two episodes. I agree that some of the Nick shows should have been on Netflix...them replacing it with SpongeBob is just nuts! Though with the recent high ratings of Sofia the First and movies like Despicable Me, the popularity may be starting to slow down...
Also, on the Facebook, a snippet of a song from VeggieTales in the House. I watched it, and the music reminded me of what a VeggieTales song should be!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing Spongebob is to blame for is that Nick expects Spongebob levels of success early in their other programs when Spongebob itself was almost kicked off the line up the first year! Spongebob had a slow rise to massive popularity... it took its second year to really blow up. Frankly, all the most popular Nicktoons started small. They pegged Doug to be their first massive hit, but that went to Ren and Stimpy. A few years after Rugrats premiered it turned into their cash cow franchise. And it was just as marathoned over and over as Spongebob is.

Seriously. If TMNT action figures didn't always sell out the second they hit shelves, I'd worry about that show. Nick hasn't bothered to let a single cartoon grow an audience. you think they would have learned after making a crapload of Hot Topic money from Invader Zim.

Personally, the real blame lies in their need for crappy kid's sitcoms. They put more time and effort into kids with 'tude hitting adults in the crotch into their animation line up. Sure, they've made more cartoons, but they refuse to let them be successful.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
For those who don't have Netflix, here's one of the episodes. It's very funny, as to be expected from Doug TenNapel.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
For those who don't have Netflix, here's one of the episodes. It's very funny, as to be expected from Doug TenNapel.
Hee hee! This series looks so cute and cartoony!:smile: I now think it's nice that they have a new little series on Netflix that I can watch whenever.:smile:

Last edited:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I really like the new show, including the designs. It's cute and entertaining. And this is coming from someone who used to be intensely loyal to the VT fandom and even ran a successful fansite for a while. The only design I'm not crazy about is Jimmy. He's terrifying. His mouth takes up about half of his body.