Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Funny....what kind of movies were they watching? In both of the movies Walter has been in he's been the absolute opposite of all this things, especially unnecessary, as without him how would we have gone to Siberia in MMW or gotten the muppets back together... My guess is they're just some older fans who really didn't like him taking screen time from fan favs.
I know, exactly!! He was the one who brought back the Muppets, for frog's sake!

Others have said that he was just okay in the 2011 movie, and thought that was already enough for him.:stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

Eyeball

Reaction score

Others have said that he was just okay in the 2011 movie, and thought that was already enough for him.:stick_out_tongue:
Haha for frogs sake, I like that :smile: and your right, the 2011 movie was enough but he went and outdid himself in MMW, anyways I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of him in the near future : )

Muppet Master

Reaction score

I think he was fine in TM, but in MMW he was a much better character, especially his scene following Dominic, but disney drive on showed me just how neat Walter is as a character.

Amampersanda

Reaction score
I hate it when people call Walter "dull", "boring", and "unnecessary".

Once I read a ton of negative comments about him on Twitter, and, no kidding, I got so angry about it I stomped my foot and got into a tantrum.

But after a while, I learned not to get into a situation like this again. Afterward I looked back and laughed over the fact that I got emotional over somebody's opinion about him. And I know someone's opinion shouldn't change my thoughts and feelings or my opinion about him.:fanatic:
Howwwww!!
Walter is anything but boring, for one. He's hilarious and has a solid personality. Sometimes new characters in series tend to feel a bit plot-device-y and blank slate but Walter is really a well rounded character and just feels like he could be real (maybe minus being made of fleece)
Plus his design is great:fanatic:

Misnaming-wise, one time a friend thought Rowlf's name was Grover.........
:sympathy:=/=:super:???????

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
i don't know if this is annoying but i have a question and I don't want to wind up sounding dumb later on when i tell people what jim henson did or didn't do. Did he design any of the muppet/puppets for Star Wars?!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
i don't know if this is annoying but i have a question and I don't want to wind up sounding dumb later on when i tell people what jim henson did or didn't do. Did he design any of the muppet/puppets for Star Wars?!
Jim acted as a 'creative consultant' of sorts during the designing of Yoda and he recommended Frank Oz as the performer. His involvement doesn't really extend from there. A few other Henson people were involved too, but not much more than Jim.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
ah thank you very much. Maybe I should research henson studios more.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Here are a few terms that, despite the names, their etymological origins might be confused or misassociated with Muppets:

1. Gonzo journalism (noun): A form of journalism in which facts are deemed to be less important than perceived underlying truth (especially where deliberately altered consciousness is involved); first believed to be used in 1970 to describe an article by journalist Hunter S. Thompson, who later popuarized the style.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism

According to wiktionary, "gonzo" as an adjective refers to this particular style, and as a noun refers to a wild and crazy person.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gonzo

Even though The Great Gonzo's daredevil stunts may seem "wild and crazy", the only time he's ever been remotely connected with the news biz to date was in TGMC as the Daily Chronicle's photographer, not a reporter.

2. Bork (verb): To defeat a judicial nomination through a concerted attack on the nominee's character, background and philosophy

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bork

This particular definition, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Swedish Chef, was named after Robert Bork, whom Ronald Reagan nominated as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, only to have the Senate vote 58-42 against his confirmation by a carefully orchestrated attack on his character (especially in the mass media), to thwart and deny his potential appointment as an Associate Justice.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bork

3. Waldorf education (noun): A humanistic approach to educational methods, based on the educational philosophy of Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner.

(not to be confused with Statler's long-time partner of the same name)

The first such school based upon Steiner's ideas was opened at Stuttgart, Germany in 1919 in response to a request by Emil Molt, the owner and managing director of the Waldorf-Astoria Cigarette Company. The original Waldorf school was formed as an independent institution licensed by the local government as an exploratory model with special freedoms.
Steiner specified four conditions:
1. that the school be open to all children
2. that it be co-educational (not separated into all-male or all-female classrooms)
3. that it be a unified twelve-year school
4. that the teachers, those individuals actually in contact with the children, have primary control over the pedagogy (education and teaching duties) of the school, with a minimum of interference from the state or economic sources.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_education

John Jacob Astor (1763 - 1848) multimillionaire, fur trapper and businessman, was born in Walldorf, Germany as the first prominent member of the Astor dynasty in North America.

Astoria, Oregon and the Astoria neighborhood in northwest Queens, NY are among the notable places named after John Jacob Astor, while the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel's namesake was William Waldorf Astor, great-grandson of the aforementioned John Jacob Astor.