Billy Barkhurst

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we can qualify Billy Barkhurst as the new performer of Ernie now.

In just the few months since he made his first appearance on the show, Ernie has done more than the past five years combined. He sang a line at the Macy's parade, has participated in Vines for the show, has had two street stories in one season, and appeared (with Barkhurst as the puppeteer) with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas show.

I think the show is really trying to re-integrate Ernie back into to main cast of characters, and Barkhurst is really helping with that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You attended the Mormon Tabernacle concerts? Would you be able to provide MUP3's of the songs sung by the Muppet characters present at the concert? If so, please LMK as I can then send them to Phil for MCR's merry-thon. Thanks and happy holidays.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
You attended the Mormon Tabernacle concerts? Would you be able to provide MUP3's of the songs sung by the Muppet characters present at the concert? If so, please LMK as I can then send them to Phil for MCR's merry-thon. Thanks and happy holidays.
Unfortunately, I did not go. I saw the images online.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we can qualify Billy Barkhurst as the new performer of Ernie now.

In just the few months since he made his first appearance on the show, Ernie has done more than the past five years combined. He sang a line at the Macy's parade, has participated in Vines for the show, has had two street stories in one season, and appeared (with Barkhurst as the puppeteer) with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas show.

I think the show is really trying to re-integrate Ernie back into to main cast of characters, and Barkhurst is really helping with that.

Well Ernie was one of the first Muppets on Sesame, and he has such a rich personality that it is no wonder they want to bring him back to the spotlight more.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at that picture, I must ask, is Billy left-handed, or is that a "reversed image"?

I've only seen one clip of his Ernie (the "Change the Plan" song), and I must say his Ernie sounds a bit more like Jim's Ernie.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I too would want to think that Billy is officially the new Ernie performer. If Steve is too busy with Disney, it makes perfect sense that he stops performing Ernie for as long as he needs, especially since that's the only character he has on SS.

Regarding that picture in the first post of this thread, who's that man performing Bert? Obviously it's not Eric, but just someone I've never seen before. I hope this is not a foreshadowing to him leaving the show (or the Muppets all together) anytime soon.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Regarding that picture in the first post of this thread, who's that man performing Bert? Obviously it's not Eric, but just someone I've never seen before. I hope this is not a foreshadowing to him leaving the show (or the Muppets all together) anytime soon.
Let's not jump to any conclusions.

I'm pretty sure Eric was there performing Grover so John Kennedy was puppeteering Bert while Eric couldn't.