My Muppet Show App Discussion/Updates

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'd say that's the positive way to look at it, and it's a good thing it isn't specifically some anti-Muppet conspiracy on their part. Movie doing meh or not, the merchandising brand seems to be a moderate money maker. I've noticed J.C. Penny started stocking the newer Kermit and Piggy plush from Disney Store, and they've rarely stocked newer Disney movie stuff. Not even that much Big Hero Six merchandise outside a scaled down version of Disney's figure set. And with Disney Stores not being as big in malls anymore, this is pretty much the most mainstream they have outside of a website.

Apps are fleeting anyway. Unless you've got a powerhouse like Angry Birds, and even then they keep rebranding themselves.
Yup. Kermit is even featured in JCP's Christmas ads. I snapped this photo on my television the other day. However, the thing about marketing is much of the deals are made in advance. The real test will be how much we see next year and next Christmas.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am seriously worried about the Muppets brand. First Muppet Vision 3D, now the app, MMW wasn't a huge success...I really hope this isn't their demise.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Aw maaan...how disappointing...that app was so much fun to play...even though I got pretty bored with it and stopped playing it for a few months.:stick_out_tongue:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah I liked it for a while, but then there was such a long streak where NOTHING happened between the Gulag stage and this Muppet Man nonsense... the Muppet Man thing was the nail in the coffin for me for this game. As fun as it was, it was getting really BORING lol and then after waiting so long for something so underwhelming... it was time for me to stop.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ya, I think we should get the hint that the muppets are sadly fading away a gain. Instead of adding anything, Disney has been taking away stuff. There are no viral videos, movies are not an option or television, apps are being deleted, attractions are being taken away, this is sad. At the beginning of the year it seemed like the muppets were popular like they were in the old days, now it seems that we are back in the early to mid 2000s rut. this is just sad for everyone who like the muppets, depressing, not just this app being deleted, but the larger scale.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I can't really complain about the app being closed down. I had a lot of fun with it for a good while and all for free. Can't really beat that.

I do hope it doesn't signal the ultimate demise of the Muppets though. That would be a sad, sad world. But, this is Disney we're talking about. Like any major corporation, they're in business to make money and if they think (or numbers show) that the Muppets aren't profitable enough to keep around, they'll be tossed in the Disney vault. That's just the way things work. Sad, but true.

rexcrk

Reaction score
So what was everyone's favorite stage? Mine was definitely the rooftop.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Mine would be the Muppet Theatre. Just something so timeless about that. The rooftop was a close second though.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can't really complain about the app being closed down. I had a lot of fun with it for a good while and all for free. Can't really beat that.

I do hope it doesn't signal the ultimate demise of the Muppets though. That would be a sad, sad world. But, this is Disney we're talking about. Like any major corporation, they're in business to make money and if they think (or numbers show) that the Muppets aren't profitable enough to keep around, they'll be tossed in the Disney vault. That's just the way things work. Sad, but true.
I don't necessarily think popularity is the case. The Muppets Most Wanted campaign came to a close and the contract for the app probably did too. It really was just a promotional tool and Disney likes to tuck things like that away in its vault until it's time for another promotional surge for a future project. Apparently they did the same thing to an Avengers app.

The real question is - when does Frozen go back in the vault? I think it's time. :stick_out_tongue: