Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
On the one hand, Bullwinkle looks pretty decent I must say, but his voice seems just a little too deep and resonate, kind of like when the show first started and almost all of the characters spoke in a more deadpan and monotone manner.

Rocky, on the other hand, while whoever does his voice captures June Foray's voice and inflections downpat, he looks off: his body is a little too small, making his head look huge (and his new chubby cheeks don't help).
Bullwinkle is being voiced by Tom Kenny. Rocky (I'm almost positive) is still being voiced by June Foray.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bullwinkle is being voiced by Tom Kenny. Rocky (I'm almost positive) is still being voiced by June Foray.
The voice actress performing her in the commercial sounds much too young to actually be her. Unless they used a lot of digital voice altering, I don't think that's her.

As for Tom Kenny's Bullwinkle, it's good, but somehow it has a vague Daws Butler-ish quality to it.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
The voice actress performing her in the commercial sounds much too young to actually be her. Unless they used a lot of digital voice altering, I don't think that's her.
I'm honestly not sure who else it could be voicing Rocky; but you are probably correct, and this isn't her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The unknown voice actor sounds just like when June started doing Rocky back in the early 60's. Usually, when you recast a voice actor/actress (or for the sake of this site, Puppeteers) that have a unique rasp to their voice, they don't have that right sound. This time, I actually had to watch the commercial multiple times to realize there was a barely noticeable difference in voice quality. Other than the fact as, like I said, it sounds younger.

The short, however, supposedly features June, but only as Rocky with an unknown as Natasha, as well as other unknowns as Boris and Fearless Leader.

That said, I really hope the Peabody and Sherman movie comes with a toy like Rise of the Guardians, Turbo, and Croods did. You can never have too many Bullwinkle collectibles.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
My parents watched the show as kids, and my mom had a coloring book of the show.
I also think Britt Allcroft was a fan of the show, because in one episode of her animated series Mumfie, the characters are at a circus and see two flying squirrels that look similar to Rocky doing a stunt. Scarecrow tries to do the same thing and knocks the tent over. The squirrels then run away.
That said, I really hope the Peabody and Sherman movie comes with a toy like Rise of the Guardians, Turbo, and Croods did. You can never have too many Bullwinkle collectibles.
According to Target.com, the DVD comes with Sherman cosplay items.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's how big of a dumbass I am, because I just now "got" a joke from this show. And it's not even really that much of a subtle joke, but I never even thought about it until now. ><

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's how big of a dumbass I am, because I just now "got" a joke from this show. And it's not even really that much of a subtle joke, but I never even thought about it until now. ><
Lol, that's happened to me a lot with Rocky & Bullwinkle. What was the joke?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What was the joke?
From the Ole Mother Hubbard Bullwinkle's Corner...

WATCH DOG: Here's you new Watch Doggin' Contract.
BULLWINKLE: How come it's all tattered on the end?
WATCH DOG: That? Those are the fringe benefits!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been watching Season 5 on YT, since the DVD was never to be found in any store in my town - not even Best Buy - and I have to ask: are the Mucho Loma episodes sped up on DVD as well, or was that another example of someone repitching video in an attempt to beat copyright?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably. Uh, you know you can totally watch Rocky and Bullwinkle on Hulu, right? At least last time I checked.

I really hope that rumor of a Peabody and Sherman Netflix series come to fruition. The movie only did so so (in terms of other Bullwinkle based movies, however, this was the freaking Avengers by comparison), and it doesn't look like Dreamworks is doing much with the Classic Media license. Supposedly there was a Hot Stuff (the devil from Casper) movie that's floating around, but I haven't heard anything of it since. Kinda wish they could have made a second series of Rocky and Bullwinkle Pop figures. I got Mr. Peabody and Bullwinkle for Christmas, and they look lonely without Dudley Do-Right to finish up the major characters played by Bill Scott line up.

Also kinda disappointed there were no retro Peabody and Sherman T-shirts. Then again, Dreamworks never makes adult shirts with their characters. Shame, I'd LOVE one with the Madagascar Penguins.