Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4518 - Friendship Day

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
It was such a cute episode. I actually wanted to hug Elmo so tight after Zoe hurt his feelings. The song was great. It's great that Segi is getting more roles. It's nice to see a humanoid once in awhile

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think of it, I really don't like the Sesame Street News Flash bumpers. I mean, sure... the part where Murray talks to kids is actually cute and perfectly in style of what Sesame Street is all about. Outside of that, it's just repetitive and unnecessary. Murray had a Little Lamb and Peeps in the Neighborhood are far more interesting, as Murray and sometimes Ovejita get to react to real people. But this just introduces boring skits instead. And was this one used before? I didn't pay attention either time (boring, remember?), yet felt like I've seen it already.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Now that I think of it, I really don't like the Sesame Street News Flash bumpers. I mean, sure... the part where Murray talks to kids is actually cute and perfectly in style of what Sesame Street is all about. Outside of that, it's just repetitive and unnecessary. Murray had a Little Lamb and Peeps in the Neighborhood are far more interesting, as Murray and sometimes Ovejita get to react to real people. But this just introduces boring skits instead. And was this one used before? I didn't pay attention either time (boring, remember?), yet felt like I've seen it already.
That may be because it was part of Penelope Penguin and we all know how you feel about that one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, yeah it was. UGH! I bet we're going to see that "Newsflash" bit at least one more time this season. I get what they're trying to do, but somehow it comes off poorly in execution.

Side note... do you think little kids that the show is meant for actually like the obnoxious one off characters like Penelope and 15 this season? I mean, I'm one of the few that sort of likes Jar Jar, and even I find them utterly insufferable. I'll chalk 15 up to some passive aggressive parody of someone's kid. Even then, they blew the joke.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, yeah it was. UGH! I bet we're going to see that "Newsflash" bit at least one more time this season. I get what they're trying to do, but somehow it comes off poorly in execution.

Side note... do you think little kids that the show is meant for actually like the obnoxious one off characters like Penelope and 15 this season? I mean, I'm one of the few that sort of likes Jar Jar, and even I find them utterly insufferable. I'll chalk 15 up to some passive aggressive parody of someone's kid. Even then, they blew the joke.
Jar Jar is nothing like them. He's nice ..just not too bright. Fifteen is rude to everyone and demanding. She may have said thank you once and then whined about it

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, why so many side characters?

What was refreshing about this episode (I have to tie it back in somehow, right?) was that it was about characters who are regularly on the street, established, and fleshed out. They've been doing way too many "let's help out this fairy tale character" type episodes the past several years. It's a fun way to get celebrity guest stars into the storyline, but lame one off characters seem to be the only thing in abundance. Though, Peter Piper was kinda fun.

Kid's show or not, why do they refuse dramatic tension so many times to befall certain characters? it's what makes them whole. Tying it in, kind of a stretch, but this episode showed what they can do instead of an obnoxious Penguin flailing around for 10 minutes. Yeah, kids probably like hyper characters, but screaming little doofuses will cause headache ridden adults to change the channel.