Little Muppet Monsters Revelation...

tygerbug

Reaction score
Little Muppet Monsters Unaired Clip with Miss Piggy, introduced by Pee Wee Herman and Rowdy Roddy Piper

tygerbug

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters "Foo-Foo Phooey" Unaired Episode

tygerbug

Reaction score
Jim Henson’s Little Muppet Monsters “The Great Boodini” Episode 3

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mike Quinn was also an assistant on Rowlf's Rhapsodies, where Rowlf nearly caught on fire due to a sparkler bomb! So I believe some of the Playhouse Video stuff was shot in London as well.
I've been wondering if the linking footage for any of those featured any performers who did not work on The Muppet Show. I haven't seen Rowlf's Rhapsodies, so I don't know if he's credited, but it seems like pretty much all of them list the same eight performers (though Rock Music also credits "Graham Fletcher as Fletcher Bird"), with no separation of whether they're in the linking footage or just clips, and pretty much all of them had something with other (uncredited) performers (such as John Lovelady, Eren Ozker, and Peter Friedman). Though the Muppet Wiki page for Louise, the chicken from Country Music, does list Louise Gold as her performer (I couldn't tell whose voice it was) and she rarely performed in Muppet productions outside of England.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Muppet Madness (View Master Interactive Vision - Muppets)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised to hear that Pee-Wee Herman hosted a CBS saturday morning block hosting the show, since his show didn't begin on CBS until the next television season. I wonder if Pee-Wee's Playhouse was in development at the time (and interestingly, like Little Muppet Monsters, that show would follow Muppet Babies on Saturday mornings). Did Rowdy Roddy Piper have a show on CBS Saturday mornings at the time (the only thing I can think of that he would have been part of was Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n Wrestling, but I think Hulk Hogan was the only wrestler to appear in live-action segments, and none of the wrestlers provided voices. Can't remember off-hand what year or channel that show aired)?

The whole Muppets, Babies, and Monsters block had one set of end credits, mixing stills from Muppet Babies and Little Muppet Monsters. Do you happen to know if they produced a set of Little Muppet Monsters end credits, in the event that the show would eventually air outside of the hour-long block?

In her Tough Pigs interview, Kathryn Mullen said that she used an alternate name for her writing credit, but in the credits for The Great Boodini she's credited as Kathryn Mullen (before your copy of the episode, the second and third episodes were online without credits, and I was looking at the credits for the first episode and couldn't find writing credits for some reason).

Last edited:

tygerbug

Reaction score
The end credits for episode 1 are incomplete in most copies (though missing different segments). They're slightly different from the episode 3 credits (different artwork used), so I'll restore both versions in full when I can. (I'm actually still waiting on an interlaced capture of the unaired episodes tape, but otherwise I have more than three different sources for ep1.) "Kathryn Mullen" is credited on both episodes.

I would expect they'd have prepared a separate credit sequence for Little Muppet Monsters, though we haven't seen it. The separated Muppet Babies end credit sequence is very similar to the combined sequence, just focusing on Muppet Babies credits.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper did appear on Rock n' Wrestling at least once, and was a regular on the show in animated form. Pee Wee's Big Adventure also came out in 1985, and obviously his show was in development then. Both would be obvious choices to appear on a saturday morning special at the time.

Apart from the Piggy cameo, most of the clips shown are from "Piggy's Hyper-Activity Book" and "In the Beginning," which did debut together as the season premiere.

Last edited:

tygerbug

Reaction score
The source for episode 1 of LMM that you usually see also glitches out for about a minute at the end of Fozzie's segment, and it's also rare to see the unique opening titles for "Muppets Babies and Monsters" for this episode. I'll edit together a complete copy.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters "Foo-Foo Phooey" Unaired Episode
Good idea adding that brief shot of Kermit and Tug from the intro into the pre-Private Eye bit.

In response to the Boodini ep., I noticed Richard Hunt was also credited alongside the animated voice actors. I knew he did a few of those segments (probably separately from Bergen, Rayle, etc.) but didn't expect to see his name in that list.

I was surprised to hear that Pee-Wee Herman hosted a CBS saturday morning block...
Actually, it's a Fall preview show. :smile: