Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

should Walter be a major muppet

• yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
EI think Disney should have bought the muppets in 1990 because it would have been better for there future and in 2004 they probably didn't want them:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking about the "Fart Shoes" moment, I have a theory. It's simply my opinion, but here it is.

I think the reason the joke seemed very "un-muppety" is simply that they used the word "Fart". I think the shoes themselves are something that Fozzie WOULD use and I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. Fozzie was never stupid, but he was insecure and desperate for laughs. This isn't even the first time whoopee cushions have been used/mentioned. They were listed as one of their supplies in The Great Muppet Caper, and in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson they had the talking Whoopie Cushions. The "Fart Shoes" aren't all that different, except for the word "Fart".

To prove my point, think of Miss Piggy's "I've got to pee" line in Muppets From Space. Many fans, myself included, didn't like that line. On the other hand, no one had a problem with the scene in The Great Muppet Caper when all the Muppets were banging down the bathroom door, even though it was presumably for the same reason. The difference is that in TGMC, no one said "pee, poop, etc". We just had Animal yelling "BATHROOM" and Pops talking about people jumping up and down on one leg. Everyone knew what they were talking about, so they didn't need to use the more "vulgar" words.
The problem is context and usage. Whoopie Cushion shoes are essentially Fozzie. Heck, Fozzie's main prop is a Rubber chicken to the point it came with the action figure. Whoopie Cushions, joy buzzers, rubber chickens are all associated with him and his low brow attempts to get a laugh. Farting is essentially what Whoopie Cushions do. Just the word fart, especially when overused by terrible kids movies to get a cheap laughs was the thing to set some fans off. But by no means was it used in that vulgar a context in this film. Meanwhile, I've seen Disney shove random farts into movie trailers for films that came out before that sort of thing was allowed, like in the original animated 101 Dalmatians DVD ad.

Meanwhile, Piggy's peepee line was unmotivated, as was Fozzie's completely out of character nose picking. Sure, him going to the bathroom and washing his hands was a plot point, but a very minor one, and his nose picking lead to better assorted gags (that could have been more tastefully executed). There's a wealth of cheap jokes in MFS that feel awkwardly placed. Especially Kermit's "Get down with your bad selves" line. Also waaaaaay out of character.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
that scene where they're hocking the bathroom in muppet caper is funny. and WHEN does miss piggy ay she has to pee. i don't remember the line.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
90s and 200s muppets stuff should have been called the pepe and rizzo show because that is how much they were used

Gonzo14

Reaction score
That's an exaggeration. Rizzo and Pepe were used quite a bit, but so were Kermit, Gonzo, Clifford, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, Bobo, Johnny and Sal, and to a lesser extent even Frank's Characters (Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam). I personally really like Rizzo and Pepe, and I don't think that the use of these characters is a bad thing.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
i personally despise pepe. yes he does have a few good moments but i always found him rather annoying. rizzo i can stand. he's snarky and funny.