Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

should Walter be a major muppet

• yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Mooz pepe was used the most in that at least use rowlf as toto

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Rowlf as Toto wouldn't work as well. Just because it's a dog character, doesn't automatically mean Rowlf is the best choice. If any dog were to be used there, I think Foo Foo could've been used.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Gonzo14 but some muppets fans may not know fo fo and whoever did play toto had to speak

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I honestly think we need to have some sort of class or something about the history of the Muppets and there personality's and how things have changed from the Muppet Show days to the present and future projects. Because the mindset of everything the Muppets did after 1990 is crap is starting to really get old. Jim is gone, and Disney owns the Muppets now some of us need to accept that and move on!

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
  1. Muppets from space is there only flop and that's what im saying and I don't think mfs and the muppets 2011 wouldn't be needed if Disney had bought the muppets in 1990

dwayne1115

Reaction score
  1. Muppets from space is there only flop and that's what im saying and I don't think mfs and the muppets 2011 wouldn't be needed if Disney had bought the muppets in 1990
Well if your talking about the 1990 deal with Disney, I think your right. I also think that not only the Muppets, but Fraggle Rock, and the Muppet Babies would be more established then they are now.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Dwayne I agree, that'd be cool. As I look at it, I just see various "Eras" in Muppet History, such as "Early Years" "Prime Time" "Post Henson" "Re-Emerging" (just based on my opinion). If you look at it, you can track it with certain characters gaining and/or losing popularity or prominence through the years. It's actually quite fascinating to look at the franchise as a whole and see how it's evolved and changed over 60+ years!

I was even talking to a co-worker about this and said that if I were to teach a Muppet class, I would have an essay question about identifying the factors that led to the major character shake-up in the 90s (Jim and Richard's deaths, and Frank's noticeably reduced presence)

I think it's one thing to have certain shows/movies/etc that we like better than others, but as a whole, I think ALL Muppet media is worth watching. For example, I would rather watch The Muppet Show instead of Muppets Tonight, but I think both shows are good and both are worth watching. As long as the Muppets are around, I'll be watching!

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
  1. Yeah the 1900 deal that never negotiated until 2004 I reckon we'd have had a fraggle movie if Disney had them

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Dwayne I agree, that'd be cool. As I look at it, I just see various "Eras" in Muppet History, such as "Early Years" "Prime Time" "Post Henson" "Re-Emerging" (just based on my opinion). If you look at it, you can track it with certain characters gaining and/or losing popularity or prominence through the years. It's actually quite fascinating to look at the franchise as a whole and see how it's evolved and changed over 60+ years!

I was even talking to a co-worker about this and said that if I were to teach a Muppet class, I would have an essay question about identifying the factors that led to the major character shake-up in the 90s (Jim and Richard's deaths, and Frank's noticeably reduced presence)

I think it's one thing to have certain shows/movies/etc that we like better than others, but as a whole, I think ALL Muppet media is worth watching. For example, I would rather watch The Muppet Show instead of Muppets Tonight, but I think both shows are good and both are worth watching. As long as the Muppets are around, I'll be watching!
I could not agree with you more! the fact that not only Jim but Richard passed away around the same time was nearly devastating to the Muppets, but through the leadership of Brian Henson they where able to pick themselves up and carry on and do some really great things. Sure Brian has made some mistakes, but Jim made a few in his time as well.