New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I think we should just be happy that the Muppets are even getting a new gig.
Wrong. That's called settling for less.

Go back to ToughPigs then. Almost everyone there has an "Everything stinks" attitude. :attitude:
Oscarfan said it better than I could. They're realistic at ToughPigs. I like it here, but people will eat anything Disney force feeds them because they think idol worship of Jim Henson means they must agree with everything that has happened to the Muppets.

These have not even aired yet and your not even giving them a chance. At least Disney is trying to do something with the Muppets. At least they are trying to introduce the Muppets to a younger audience. Which is something I think should be done.
No, that's a bad thing. The Muppets were relevant to multi-generations when they were introduced. They still can be. Now, children growing up with Muppets as targeted exclusively to little kids will associate the Muppets with childhood when they are grown. So, what Disney is doing is trapping the Muppets in the childhood toybox.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I give up! I'm tired of trying to be one of a small group that tries to support the Muppets in the new things that they are trying to do. I understand completely the history of the Muppets, and the struggles that Jim Henson went through to try to make the Muppet Show Muppets for everyone, and not just kids. However we have to keep in mind that Disney now owns the Muppets and there big money making market is in both family and kid entertainment.
Besides two movies every three years or so the Muppets have kind of been quite, and these inserts are meant to some older fans who have grown up with the Muppets, and to introduce them to there kids that they now have. These inserts are like a stepping stone for the Muppets to do something bigger better and greater, like a new TV show.
Let's face it the two new movies did bring a lot of new and younger fans to the Muppets. These inserts are trying to reach the older fans who have grown up and now have kids of there own, and give them something to watch together as a family. Just like Jim would have wanted.
I for one stand by the Muppets and this project and hope that it will succeed in what they are trying to do.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Yes!! Me too!! I give up!! I understand that we all have different opinions. But exactly, Dwayne, the reason why I started this thread was to give out some exciting news that The Muppets are returning to TV and the fact that this would introduce a whole new generation of fans, not to stir controversy!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes!! Me too!! I give up!! I understand that we all have different opinions. But exactly, Dwayne, the reason why I started this thread was to give out some exciting news that The Muppets are returning to TV AND the fact that this would introduce a whole new generation of fans, not to stir controversy!!:mad::mad:

Geez, sometimes I don't even feel welcome here and I feel like I want to delete my account sometimes!:stick_out_tongue:
Well don't do that @WalterLinz This news is great and big news! I mean we have not had the Muppets have something on a semi regular basses on TV since Muppets Tonight, and this is focusing on the classic Muppet Show Characters which is also a very good thing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think the problem is that without a regular outlet of Muppet stuff, fans treat every new project with higher regard than they should.

If we had a pretty good TV or streaming series going right now, and these shorts were airing concurrently, we wouldn't think much of them. But since there's nothing else going on, we focus too much on these little in-between production things.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I really wish that the people at ToughPigs would be more optimistic, open-minded and understanding of these new shorts just like us.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=toughpigs&nav=messages&msg=16033.15&prettyurl=/toughpigs/messages/?msg=16033.15&gid=2020618075

Those ToughPigs tend to be way too negative, mean-spirited, close-minded, acting like armchair quarterbacks who think they could do things better than the people running the company, etc. :mad:
They sure do i have read their blogs, they do nothing but criticize and nitpick short commings in the muppet movies . Like they could spend hours, that it takes to shoot a muppet movie. They don't realize the hard work, that those puppeteers put into those movies. They don't deserve to be critized, and nitpicked by some random lame movie critic wannabes.Because something in the movie is not right. And there are no angles at muppet mindset ether, they are just as bad . I think that it's a huge stab in a back, that one of them got to visit the muppets most wanted set, and they talk crap about it ,after the movie was released.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
They sure do i have read their blogs, they do nothing but criticize and nitpick short commings in the muppet movies . Like they could spend hours, that it takes to shoot a muppet movie. They don't realize the hard work, that those puppeteers put into those movies. They don't deserve to be critized, and nitpicked by some random lame movie critic wannabes.Because something in the movie is not right. And there are no angles at muppet mindset ether, they are just as bad . I think that it's a huge stab in a back, that one of them got to visit the muppets most wanted set, and they talk crap about it ,after the movie was released.
Criticism is only a stab in the back if it's done out of pure maliciousness, and without the proper information to make an intelligent rebuttal. I don't recall ToughPigs ever going after the performers themselves. The attacks are not personal.

It must be nice to live in a bubble of pure joy and sunshine 24/7.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow now we are bashing both Tough Pigs and the Muppet Mindset, What's next the Muppetcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.