Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

should Walter be a major muppet

• yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Dwayne I agree, that'd be cool. As I look at it, I just see various "Eras" in Muppet History, such as "Early Years" "Prime Time" "Post Henson" "Re-Emerging" (just based on my opinion). If you look at it, you can track it with certain characters gaining and/or losing popularity or prominence through the years. It's actually quite fascinating to look at the franchise as a whole and see how it's evolved and changed over 60+ years!

I was even talking to a co-worker about this and said that if I were to teach a Muppet class, I would have an essay question about identifying the factors that led to the major character shake-up in the 90s (Jim and Richard's deaths, and Frank's noticeably reduced presence)

I think it's one thing to have certain shows/movies/etc that we like better than others, but as a whole, I think ALL Muppet media is worth watching. For example, I would rather watch The Muppet Show instead of Muppets Tonight, but I think both shows are good and both are worth watching. As long as the Muppets are around, I'll be watching!
You know the Muppet Mindset have a series section called Muppetology 101. I've been thinking about starting a thread like that on here for sometime, but I honestly don't know how well it would be recived.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
hey hey now. muppet christmas carol and muppet treasure island are rather entertaining. I enjoyed them as a child and my dad watches the christmas carol one every year. It's one of his favorites along with year without a santa clause. XD
anyway back on topic. Rowlf as toto would have been inetresting. Really it would have. I mean they would have rewrote the way toto acted due to pepe being a bit of a creep and rowlf... well not.
and I STILL think Nigel and Walter should do a whistling number even if it's just a minor web video on their youtube page.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Walter and nigel the conductor no chance but a muppet mindset type of thing I like it

scooterfan360

Reaction score
since i missed the poll , here is what my vote would have been . No , because i think that walter should just stay in the background like he has been doing, and let scooter and rowlf remain main muppets. scooter and rowlf can not be replaced, i would just cry if that happened.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hey hey now. muppet christmas carol and muppet treasure island are rather entertaining. I enjoyed them as a child and my dad watches the christmas carol one every year. It's one of his favorites along with year without a santa clause. XD
anyway back on topic. Rowlf as toto would have been inetresting. Really it would have. I mean they would have rewrote the way toto acted due to pepe being a bit of a creep and rowlf... well not.
and I STILL think Nigel and Walter should do a whistling number even if it's just a minor web video on their youtube page.
I'm going to disagree with you on the Rowlf as Toto thing. Because no matter how they re wrote it he just would not have made a good Toto. Don't get me wrong I love Rowlf, but he would not have made a good Toto.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's an exaggeration. Rizzo and Pepe were used quite a bit, but so were Kermit, Gonzo, Clifford, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, Bobo, Johnny and Sal, and to a lesser extent even Frank's Characters (Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam). I personally really like Rizzo and Pepe, and I don't think that the use of these characters is a bad thing.
Exactly. Frankly, if I were that jaded, I'd say the 90's, early 00's era was more the Rizzo and Gonzo show. And to be fair, Kermit was slowly being reintegrated back into the Muppets because Jim died and Steve wasn't extremely comfortable with the character, and while I'd say he did a great job in MCC and MTi, it wasn't really until VMX when Kermit became really Kermit again. Not to mention Frank Oz's shrinking involvement. So basically we got Gonzo, Rizzo, and a bunch of new characters, but only Pepe manages to be used today. And considering the last 2 movies, just barely.