Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

j3h

Reaction score
I don't think there's any rumors about this toy line yet.

The only info I thought could be included but was unsure are the ones about intended size and the fact that they don't want the line to be a continuation/compatible to the Palisades line.
Look through the muppet DST thread on the Fwoosh and report anything said by the poster MSWORD as fact since he represents diamond select toys.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Look through the muppet DST thread on the Fwoosh and report anything said by the poster MSWORD as fact since he represents diamond select toys.
I know those are true, but I was more unsure about the notability on those things. I don't know off-hand if the wiki notes sizes of merchandise.

j3h

Reaction score
From the latest Diamond Select Q&A:

"Hello, would you be able to give any hints of what’s to come in the Muppet lines? I heard about the Select two-pack and the ten planned mini-mates, but I am so excited for this and would love to hear more details! Are there more than two Select figures planned? Will they come with accessories or set pieces? I noticed that the Mini-Mates line-up did not include any of the Electric Mayhem — any plans for a five-pack? Thank you so much for any response you can give! You have no idea how excited I am!"

DSTChuck: Not much I can say now without getting in trouble but – yes, the Muppets will be Select, with two figures per pack. The figures will be in scale with 7” figure lines just like they would be if the Muppets were “real.” As such, there will not be TONS of accessories or dlx bases – you get two figures. We have line-planned 4 series so far. All the sculpts for series one are in the second round of sculpting – we are now adding the articulation. For Minimates, I can say we have several series planned already, so let’s hope the sales are where we hope/think they will be, and we’ll keep the Muppets coming.

Got a question for DSTChuck? Submit it via the drop-down menu above, or e-mail us with the subject “Ask DST”!

galagr

Reaction score
That is so exciting! They seem to be really optimistic about the line so far, hopefully the sales will correlate to what they hope they are :halo: I'm really hoping we can see a few pictures of either lines sometime soon, the suspense is killing me!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
From the latest Diamond Select Q&A:

"Hello, would you be able to give any hints of what’s to come in the Muppet lines? I heard about the Select two-pack and the ten planned mini-mates, but I am so excited for this and would love to hear more details! Are there more than two Select figures planned? Will they come with accessories or set pieces? I noticed that the Mini-Mates line-up did not include any of the Electric Mayhem — any plans for a five-pack? Thank you so much for any response you can give! You have no idea how excited I am!"

DSTChuck: Not much I can say now without getting in trouble but – yes, the Muppets will be Select, with two figures per pack. The figures will be in scale with 7” figure lines just like they would be if the Muppets were “real.” As such, there will not be TONS of accessories or dlx bases – you get two figures. We have line-planned 4 series so far. All the sculpts for series one are in the second round of sculpting – we are now adding the articulation. For Minimates, I can say we have several series planned already, so let’s hope the sales are where we hope/think they will be, and we’ll keep the Muppets coming.

Got a question for DSTChuck? Submit it via the drop-down menu above, or e-mail us with the subject “Ask DST”!
It sounds like they have a year's worth of quarterly goals mapped out. Yay that. Will each series be comprised of one two-pack of figures or will there be several two-packs per series? And if so, how many per series? Here's a somewhat balanced plan as I see it. Who knows what it would be like, but if it only lasted a year, this would be somewhat comprehensive.

Kermit & Fozzie
Rowlf & Pepe

Animal & Piggy
Scooter & Rizzo

Gonzo & Camilla
Bunsen & Beaker

Statler & Waldorf
Swedish Chef & Sam

*Convention Exclusive Sweetums

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
From what we know from Palisades Miss Piggy is generally a hard character to sell so adding her with Animal as a two pack is a genius idea.
Miss Piggy and Animal 2-pack, I really want to see these two packaged together now for some reason. :mad::halo:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Miss Piggy and Animal 2-pack, I really want to see these two packaged together now for some reason. :mad::halo:
Maybe because they are both characters that Frank Oz performed? (When he was still with The Muppets) That's just a guess though. :wink:

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
That's probably why, seeing as they've both always been played by the same Muppeteer they barley interact, that's probably why I like the idea of them together. Probably the same reason I liked the idea of Sam the Eagle and Fozzie packaged together. :attitude::embarrassed:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
After looking through Diamond Select's typical pattern, it seems they release three different packages per wave. If two figures come per package in the Muppets, that could mean up to 6 figures per quarter. So I've adjusted my speculation on how they could fit the major players into a year's worth of releases:

Kermit & Fozzie
Rowlf & Pepe
Walter & Crazy Harry

Animal & Piggy
Scooter & Floyd
Dr. Teeth & Robin

Gonzo & Camilla
Statler & Waldorf
Rizzo & Zoot

Bunsen & Beaker
Swedish Chef & Janice
Sam & Lew