The Muppet Mindset

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Wow. I have read the Muppet Mindset ever since the very beginning, and to see how far Ryan has come amazes me. I hope that he will be able to pop back in every once in a while to share his experiences, but I wish him the best of luck!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Already congratulated Ryan on his ascention to full Muppetdom. Very exciting for our little Prawny okay. Looking forward to all the new articles that get posted from here on out, especially the WMW entries. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hopefully with three site runners there'll be more updates than in the past year. At first the Mindset had new articles once a day, rarely skipping days, and then it seems like it became more and more uncommon for articles to appear during the weekend (and even more rare for both days of the weekend to have articles), and in the past few months it seems like there's normally been four articles a week (usually a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday, but there's even been recent times when there wasn't a Wednesday article).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Hopefully with three site runners there'll be more updates than in the past year. At first the Mindset had new articles once a day, rarely skipping days, and then it seems like it became more and more uncommon for articles to appear during the weekend (and even more rare for both days of the weekend to have articles), and in the past few months it seems like there's normally been four articles a week (usually a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday, but there's even been recent times when there wasn't a Wednesday article).
The Mindset's updates have been on par with those of Tough Pigs. Daily updates are impossible to maintain. I wondered how Ryan did it for so long. I'm so glad he'll now be doing it for the Muppets full-time. Yaaaaay.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Mindset's updates have been on par with those of Tough Pigs. Daily updates are impossible to maintain. I wondered how Ryan did it for so long. I'm so glad he'll now be doing it for the Muppets full-time. Yaaaaay.
I never thought about that. Of course, it is a lot more common for Tough Pigs to have multiple posts per day, while The Muppet Mindset usually just has one. The Muppet Mindset started out with almost a new post each day (it helps that the site allows for guest articles while guest articles for Tough Pigs are less common).

Actually, there are quite a few similarities (and contrasts) to the two sites. For example, the original creators of both sites have more-or-less left their sites and put others in charge of them (though with Tough Pigs the site was inactive for a year or two before new people were put in charge). Also, one of the Tough Pigs people now works for Sesame Workshop while Ryan works for Disney (the big difference being that the one who works for SW still maintains Tough Pigs). Danny Horn started Tough Pigs because he wasn't happy with Muppet Central, and it seems many of the people there look down on this site, while Ryan of The Muppet Mindset eventually stopped posting here, and it seems like there's a rivalry between TMM and TP (though I think it's more of a joking rivalry).

Of course the biggest contrast between the two sites that I can think of now is that The Muppet Mindset was made to allow contributions from fans, while Tough Pigs rarely allows other contributors to contribute articles, but there have been occasional guest articles.