The closing themes of Sesame Street

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
I saw the end of 3499, and it didn't have the calypso ending. Instead, it had the piano ending.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
If anyone here has a membership to the Television Production Music Museum Vault (www.tvpmmvault.com), they just posted the full original closing theme. And it sounds incredible.

Reactions: JLG

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hoping that with the new season and new theme song comes a new closing theme. I actually kinda dug the chalk drawing motif of the end theme. The hip hop styling of the theme song works better as an instrumental.

Luke kun

Reaction score
If anyone here has a membership to the Television Production Music Museum Vault (www.tvpmmvault.com), they just posted the full original closing theme. And it sounds incredible.
How does it sound like? Do they repeat the bridge and chorus?

And BTW, get me the "Musical Box" APM from SpongeBob while you're there, if you have it, that sounds awesome, too.

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
Episode 2122 didn't have the nighttime or harmonica music at the end, instead, it has a special closing, which is saxophone music. It still has the harmonica opening.

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
Episode 2485 has the harmonica music at the beginning and special music at the end. The Count said "Sesame Street is a production of the Children's Television Workshop. Ah-ah-ah!". The special music at the end is an instrumental Latino version of the Sesame Street theme.

Last edited:

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
And as for episodes that I saw on YouTube and DailyMotion, Episodes 3177, 3185 and 3195, the harmonica opening was still there. And as for Episode 3177, the harmonica closing was also still there. Same goes with Episode 3264.
And as for 3165 and 3186, the harmonica music still appears at the end of there.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
I can't remember the closing credits to Season 33 (2002), were they the short ones (without the Sesame Workshop Insert at the end) or the ones from Season 32 in 2001. I know they showed it every Friday!