We Need Another Movie

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Debatable as it is if they should have another movie or not (which most fans can agree they want another), there's no doubt the Muppets should be keeping up on Youtube.

Click bait vs. 10 bucks a head (or more) movie, click bait's gonna win every time. It's cheaper to produce and easier to get the word out. Casual fans who can't be bothered to see 90 minutes of the Muppets because they feel they've outgrown them on that level will love seeing a wacky, nostalgic trip that lasts 5 or less. And no matter all the talk about MMW not making that much money, they didn't exactly rush to create a lot of viral videos after the successful enough to be called a success TM film, either. And while it's debatable if that's why MMW underperformed, it's baffling that they had so much success with Bohemian Rhapsody only to not keep that up.
I would think Disney Is so Rich If they made one more Film and It took a Major Hit at the Box Office like MMW that It really wouldn't affect there Multi Billion Dollar Corporation. :smirk:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I wonder when this Muppets Youtube thing is coming out! I'm excited to see it

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This thread just got REAL! hahahaha... Id take a new muppet show over a movie any day!!

cc
True, same here, I would take TV shows over movies

Movies: A muppet movie is usually 80-130 minutes, if successful, or if the studio cares we get one more which may or may not succed, and even if we get more, there will be lots of waiting.

TV Shows: Even if it is not successful, it will air like 13 half hour episodes which is more than a movie's worth of content, and TV shows are more accessible than movies, just turn on the set.

beaker

Reaction score
I thought Muppets Most Wanted was THE most real Muppety film in 30 years, yet it disappointed at the box office. So I don't know anymore...but I agree that going forward television is where they need to be now

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TV Shows: Even if it is not successful, it will air like 13 half hour episodes which is more than a movie's worth of content, and TV shows are more accessible than movies, just turn on the set.
Or it will get canceled before every episode is even broadcast. See also The Jim Henson Hour, Little Muppet Monsters, and the first season of Muppets Tonight (though the remaining episodes eventually did air along with an extra season).

Hopefully Disney plans on releasing each season shortly after the seasons end (like with pretty much every show produced these days), so even if it gets canceled before the first season ends, I expect all of the first season to be released on DVD.

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
They just need to realise the whole series of TMS in one huge combo and they'll see how much money they could get.